Democrat candidates so far. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Sneelock » 18 Nov 2019, 17:11

Buttiegieg surges in Iowa polling.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/16/politics ... index.html
yeah, Iowa is pretty white but I think this means "the centrist candidate" strategy might be paying off for Pete.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Nov 2019, 17:23

Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 Nov 2019, 16:05

Guess who RT/Putin/Russia like the most of the Democratic field? Anybody? Wild guess? Shot in the dark?

ALOHA of course it's her
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Nov 2019, 16:32

shhh. don't let her hear you say that. She'll go on every cable news show and say terrible things about you.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 20 Nov 2019, 17:59

well, it looks like it's Mayor Pete's turn to get ganged up on. He's really surged in Iowa so the backlash is arriving right on schedule. His MAJOR botch of that race Town Hall has been popping up again. Mainly, all the nice things he had to say about the Tea Party when he was running for office.
I have a hunch he'll take "the Ellen Defense" - "Hey, I love everybody and want to hear everybody's ideas" sort of thing. this isn't too far off from how he's been talking all along. actually, this is much less of a 180 than his stands on things like Health Care so he might come out of this all right. we'll see.
I just want somebody to catch on and stay caught on. Harris blipped and slipped. Warren is still polling well but I'm sure I'm not the only guy who gets bummed out every other time she talks when she takes much tamer or lamer positions than you sort of figured she'd take (Latin America for example)
yesterday nobody was in the break room but me. Gregg Gutfield ( the FOX News "personality") was on the big screen YELLING at me. I felt like Chaplin in "Modern Times" Who the hell was Greg yelling at? well, all the ill in the world, of course. Greg was yelling FOR the people who know they are mad but aren't quite sure they can be bothered to figure out what they are mad about. the Repubs own witness praised Biden and called charges against him "conspiracy theories" Gregg was pissed and he was taking it out on me.
I'm tired of the yelling and TRUMP's stupid fucking nick names and his beady little eyes. If Joe finally catches on, I'm good with that. I don't care if his teeth are falling out and I used to shoot rubber bands at him on C-SPAN.
we need a champion and we need him or her real goddam soon. I doubt it will be Pete but I hope to fuck it will be somebody

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 20 Nov 2019, 19:23

Sneelock wrote:well, it looks like it's Mayor Pete's turn to get ganged up on.

As if on cue, I just got an email from the Intercept. From the subject line, it appears to be a hit piece.

:lol:
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 20 Nov 2019, 19:51

Still Baron wrote:
Sneelock wrote:well, it looks like it's Mayor Pete's turn to get ganged up on.

As if on cue, I just got an email from the Intercept. From the subject line, it appears to be a hit piece.

You can set a clock by The Intercept.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Nov 2019, 04:28

Oh, Joe Biden. Just retire already.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 21 Nov 2019, 06:51

IMO Tulsi is coming off more “Westworld” than ever.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 21 Nov 2019, 17:50

I'm pretty sure Joe said "Blafricans" :lol:

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 21 Nov 2019, 21:36

Sneelock wrote:I'm pretty sure Joe said "Blafricans" :lol:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 01 Dec 2019, 12:41

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Watch presidential candidate sit through 2 1/2 hour talk liberally sprinkled with the F word. Hear the same candidate even say the F word! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

Back on Rogan .... Tulsi talks like a real human being and not the animatronic robot of the debates. IMO she comes off more conservative-y than I'd like but she acquits herself well and does a mambo on Facebook, which she is suing. Hear the shocking reason why by clicking on the video!
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Dec 2019, 19:00

Kamala Harris is out.
a couple of days ago a big mucky-muck on her campaign quit and made a public statement that the Harris campaign was the worst they'd ever worked on. they said it was poorly managed and run by very unpleasant people. it's weird things should stall out so soon after that statement.

I sure called this one wrong. I thought for sure that either her or Booker or somebody would "thread the needle" between the old school Wall Street Democrats and the newfangled "activist" Democrats. Now I think it's looking more than ever like an "either/or" to me.

maybe Buttigeig's sudden lurch to claim the center lane is paying off and his numbers will hold but he has a lot of forces marshaled against him. This sudden scrutiny of polling well was Harris' undoing and didn't do Warren any favors.

Here in California Gavin Newsom became Governor mainly through big advertising buys. luckily, I think we've had WAY worse Guvs but it was jarring that somebody could be elected Guv of California without doing a lot of things one normally thinks of candidates as doing.. like, you know... campaigning.

what I'm saying is that I'm worried about Bloomberg. If a bottomless pit of money is all it takes to get the nom then who can compete? hopefully, that's NOT all it takes.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 03 Dec 2019, 19:27

I saw some speculation that the deadline for the California ballot was approaching and she didn’t want to risk getting crushed in California.

Of course, people faulted her for being a cop (fair enough) and (alternatively) for not running hard enough as a cop (fair enough).

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 03 Dec 2019, 19:32

Why would Gavin campaign when he didn't need to according to his intel. California is a pretty solid Dem state so I think he had little to worry about. If he did, he would have been aware of it.

On the other subject, I'm wishing we get the list whittled down to three or four soonish.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Dec 2019, 20:18

Still Baron wrote:I saw some speculation that the deadline for the California ballot was approaching and she didn’t want to risk getting crushed in California.

Of course, people faulted her for being a cop (fair enough) and (alternatively) for not running hard enough as a cop (fair enough).

I think her main problem was that she came off all defensive. it really surprises me that someone who has been in politics & public speaking as long as she has would be so very poor at public speaking. she was meandering and unfocused even when making solid points (which IMO she rarely did)

too stiff. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm ganging up on her because of her gender - I don't think I am. I like Klobacher less but think she is FAR more comfortable talking in front of people. Warren might actually be TOO comfortable.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Dec 2019, 20:19

Six String wrote:Why would Gavin campaign when he didn't need to according to his intel.

I thought it was a dick-move to snub all the Dem debates. But, as I say, he's better than Arnold or Pete Wilson. :shock:

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 03 Dec 2019, 21:21

Sneelock wrote:
Still Baron wrote:I saw some speculation that the deadline for the California ballot was approaching and she didn’t want to risk getting crushed in California.

I think her main problem was that she came off all defensive. it really surprises me that someone who has been in politics & public speaking as long as she has would be so very poor at public speaking. she was meandering and unfocused even when making solid points (which IMO she rarely did)

too stiff. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm ganging up on her because of her gender - I don't think I am. I like Klobacher less but think she is FAR more comfortable talking in front of people. Warren might actually be TOO comfortable.

You very well may be right. I don’t pay very close attention to the primaries at this point. I might pay more attention if I lived in a big primary state and it was hotly contested. At this point, it’s wasted energy for me to invest too much time or emotion in it all.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 03 Dec 2019, 21:23

With that said, I gave Julian Castro a nominal amount of money early on when he was trying to demonstrate numbers of supporters the first time around and (I know this is true for all of them but) HOLY SHIT THE EMAILS AND TEXTS ARE NEVERENDING. I got 18 emails last week.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 03 Dec 2019, 21:35

Unsubscribe!

*off topic*

I've been unsubscribing to email lists like mad for the past few days, and I just keep getting more emails from lists I didn't even know I signed up to! If all goes well I should be getting, at the most, 5 emails a day once the dust settles.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.