Democrat candidates so far. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2037
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Hightea » 27 Jun 2019, 22:13

I'm frightened. None of these Dems know what they are talking about. Too many failed ideas and way too much spending on things that don't matter.
can't stand Trump and the Reps but I don't see any of these Dems taking it back from Trump unless the economy tanks.

Although I'm not with the sillies above who think they are commies that would be Mr Trump.

User avatar
Mike Boom
Posts: 2902
Joined: 02 Sep 2005, 03:49

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Mike Boom » 27 Jun 2019, 22:42

What we need is to have President Ocasio-Cortez in charge, not sure the world has time to wait till she's 35.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 39302
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: the place to be

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Jun 2019, 00:59

Mike Boom wrote:What we need is to have President Ocasio-Cortez in charge, not sure the world has time to wait till she's 35.


We're going to have to wait until all the baby boomers have expired for that one, my man. They HATE her.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 39302
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: the place to be

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Jun 2019, 02:46

They're running circles around Biden right now, I'd say.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53342
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Jun 2019, 05:35

Count Machuki wrote:They're running circles around Biden right now, I'd say.

"But does it matter?"
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13001
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Sneelock » 28 Jun 2019, 05:46

Yeah, I think it does. I think Biden is like Jeb. He’s a sure thing to people who get paid to talk about this stuff.i think he’s been leading in polls basically because people know his name.. People are learning some new names. IMO Joe is running like its 2008.its not.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68215
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Jun 2019, 09:11

I had a little investment on Warren back in March to be the winning Democratic candidate - she was 25/1 then, now 4.5/1. Biden is 2.25/1, Harris 3.5/1.

I agree with Snee, Biden is the media choice - because they can't think beyond his years as VP. But they forget that Trump has happened inbetween and the way for the Democrats to win is to oppose all Trump stands for - not put in Uncle Joe, as the 'tried & trusted' Democrat alternative. I don;t think there's nearly as much love for Biden at voter level - if you read and listen, there's a lot of concern around a white, establishment 70 year old male opposing Trump.

Of course, Biden is the favourite - but by no means overwhelmingly, and I don;t see where he gains too many votes from here on in.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me.
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
I'm twenty five hundred miles from where I wanna be.

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53342
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Jun 2019, 17:43

The nomination, as they say, is his to lose.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13001
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Sneelock » 28 Jun 2019, 19:54

I thought Kamala Harris was a little off her game yet she is still getting the lion's share of the buzz.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

User avatar
Hepcat
Posts: 2378
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 21:50
Location: Toronto

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Hepcat » 29 Jun 2019, 03:33

Hightea wrote:I'm frightened. None of these Dems know what they are talking about. Too many failed ideas and way too much spending on things that don't matter.
can't stand Trump and the Reps but I don't see any of these Dems taking it back from Trump unless the economy tanks.

Although I'm not with the sillies above who think they are commies that would be Mr Trump.


Well he's neither drained the swamp nor has he cutback on government spending so he's evidently as much of a pinko as all the rest. Do you disagree?

:?:
Image

"That government governs best that governs least."

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 2037
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Hightea » 02 Jul 2019, 21:40

Hepcat wrote:
Hightea wrote:I'm frightened. None of these Dems know what they are talking about. Too many failed ideas and way too much spending on things that don't matter.
can't stand Trump and the Reps but I don't see any of these Dems taking it back from Trump unless the economy tanks.

Although I'm not with the sillies above who think they are commies that would be Mr Trump.


Well he's neither drained the swamp nor has he cutback on government spending so he's evidently as much of a pinko as all the rest. Do you disagree?

:?:

Hep - Trump drained some of the swamp and replaced them with his swamp which might have been worse. Trump only ran for president because he heard it would make him millions after being president. All his policies are to help him and his friends make money, they don't care about pollution, corruption, lying to get what they want also gets to hide him money laundering and criminal acts. He likes dictators because he would like to be one himself and if he could would change the laws to make him one.

Who believes Putin is a capitalist? Putin is a murderer - he has killed hundreds of people under his realm(mostly journalists). Yes he makes money like a capitalist but not in capitalist ways.