Page 8 of 15

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 20 Mar 2019, 00:54
by Count Machuki
Jimbo wrote:
Count Machuki wrote: WE COULD DO WORSE.


Now that's a campaign slogan!


:lol:

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 20 Mar 2019, 01:42
by joels344
Still Baron wrote:Beto makes things interesting, of course. He’s got vastly more charisma than anyone in the race...


Barring when he makes Instagram videos while at the dentist.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 20 Mar 2019, 15:59
by Sneelock
charisma counts, certainly.
I'm glad this guy will be in the debates.
my charisma detector is broke but he certainly makes an impression.
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... interview/

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 28 Mar 2019, 02:24
by Jimbo
Kudos for the one and only Dem candidate who called bullshit on Russiagate and the only Dem who could beat Trump - Tulsi Gabbard. She is beloved by yours truly and all my "sources," as well as by independents, angry Republicans, FOX News, libertarians, even some Democrats and shunned by the now disgraced Russiagaters. She is measured, cool under fire, very intelligent, focused and a real cutie IMO.

Below is a relaxed, unconventional interview with Russiagate skeptic journalist Michael Tracy which reveals Tulsi to be a great candidate for 2020. If the DNC lightens up and treats her fairly TULSI CAN BEAT TRUMP.


Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 28 Mar 2019, 20:15
by Sneelock
Why in the world do you think she can beat TRUMP? Because she gives you boners?

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 28 Mar 2019, 22:52
by Jimbo
Sneelock wrote:Why in the world do you think she can beat TRUMP? Because she gives you boners?


Because she is stalwart. She trims the bullshit and folksiness off her message - which is essentially Bernie's message but sensible on foreign policy which is where Bernie flops. She also co-opted the sensible parts of Trump's original campaign message: anti-stupid war, rebuild infrastructure, etc. Plus Trump won't rattle her. And her popularity with both fringes adds votes. And she is a cutie!

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 28 Mar 2019, 23:52
by Sneelock
yeah, in your goldfish bowl she's doing great. out here in the big water she ain't really doing so great. for all the talk of how magnetic and smart she is, I really don't think she's coming off that way. All boner -no meat on the bones IMO. so far, anyway.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 01 Apr 2019, 23:32
by Sneelock
having said that, I'd still very much like to see her in the debates.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/ ... ified.html
that video she sent out today was pretty lackluster. I thought it came off pretty "Tell All Your Friends they Need to Send Me Money."
I hope she gets in because this Biden "touchy feelie" thing doesn't seem like it's going to blow over as fast as they hope.
I'm sure Beto is doing extra set ups. whoever comes off best on TV gets a big name recognition boost.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 02 Apr 2019, 00:30
by The Prof
I hope Beto knows not to go through the kitchen as a short cut.

Image

Image

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 04 Apr 2019, 01:00
by Jimbo
I was really surprised to see this in my mailbox. Caitlin supporting Joe Biden? O-okay, Katy ... if you say so ... I guess.

Nine Reasons Why You Should Support Joe Biden For President

Caitlin Johnstone Apr 4


https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/nine ... 42053075e6

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 04 Apr 2019, 02:09
by Count Machuki
I heard Joe Biden would beat Tulsi Gabbard in the swimsuit portion of the debates.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 17 Apr 2019, 19:06
by Sneelock
Bernie went on FOX and, from what I’ve seen, he came off really well. He’s bested Biden in a couple of polls. While Mayor Pete and Beto are getting a lot of coverage, it really seems like Bernie is the de facto front runner at this point.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 17 Apr 2019, 19:30
by joels344
Bernie is in a good position right now, and it was a smart move by him to appear on Fox News. You might as well open yourself up to a different audience since some the other major candidate aren't.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 17 Apr 2019, 22:47
by Sneelock
for all the talk of how many Obama voters went for TRUMP it seems somewhat necessary. I can see the DNC not wanting FOX to host a debate but I think anybody who wants to win any Obama voters back really almost needs to do this. Beto is already talking about doing likewise.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 23 Apr 2019, 13:07
by Still Baron
Looks like Biden is in after all.

I knew he was gonna do it I guess, but I really didn’t think he would. If you know what I mean.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 23 Apr 2019, 15:04
by Count Machuki
Still Baron wrote:Looks like Biden is in after all.

I knew he was gonna do it I guess, but I really didn’t think he would. If you know what I mean.


:x

Have older generations never known when it's time to step aside? Will my generation be as freaking stubborn when the time comes?

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 23 Apr 2019, 15:18
by Minnie the Minx
Count Machuki wrote:
Still Baron wrote:Looks like Biden is in after all.

I knew he was gonna do it I guess, but I really didn’t think he would. If you know what I mean.


:x

Have older generations never known when it's time to step aside? Will my generation be as freaking stubborn when the time comes?


Yes! I plan to be, anyhoo.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 23 Apr 2019, 16:06
by Sneelock
me too. I hope I'll be more forgiving of myself than I am of Biden.

it looks like the issue of impeaching President TRUMP might be the first really vibrant issue of the Democratic primary.
Warren, Harris & "Mayor Pete" are for it (Warren most emphatically) Bernie & Tulsi are not.

While they are taking different paths - I think Warren & Sanders are coming off really well here . they feel strongly about their position and are capably explaining why they feel that way.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 24 Apr 2019, 00:09
by Davey the Fat Boy
Count Machuki wrote:
Still Baron wrote:Looks like Biden is in after all.

I knew he was gonna do it I guess, but I really didn’t think he would. If you know what I mean.


:x

Have older generations never known when it's time to step aside? Will my generation be as freaking stubborn when the time comes?


I think Biden is going to win.

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Posted: 24 Apr 2019, 00:53
by Sneelock
the primary or the election?
I'll assume you mean both. well, I hope you're right. (meaning that if he wins one thing he wins both)
I think he handled his "touchy feely" thing worse than Warren handled the "Pochohantas" thing.
hopefully enough voters aren't bothered by it because TRUMP will sure keep bringing up anything bad anybody says about anybody he is running against.