Democrat candidates so far. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Hightea

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Hightea » 27 Jun 2019, 22:13

I'm frightened. None of these Dems know what they are talking about. Too many failed ideas and way too much spending on things that don't matter.
can't stand Trump and the Reps but I don't see any of these Dems taking it back from Trump unless the economy tanks.

Although I'm not with the sillies above who think they are commies that would be Mr Trump.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 27 Jun 2019, 22:42

What we need is to have President Ocasio-Cortez in charge, not sure the world has time to wait till she's 35.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Jun 2019, 00:59

Mike Boom wrote:What we need is to have President Ocasio-Cortez in charge, not sure the world has time to wait till she's 35.

We're going to have to wait until all the baby boomers have expired for that one, my man. They HATE her.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Jun 2019, 02:46

They're running circles around Biden right now, I'd say.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Jun 2019, 05:35

Count Machuki wrote:They're running circles around Biden right now, I'd say.

"But does it matter?"
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 28 Jun 2019, 05:46

Yeah, I think it does. I think Biden is like Jeb. He’s a sure thing to people who get paid to talk about this stuff.i think he’s been leading in polls basically because people know his name.. People are learning some new names. IMO Joe is running like its 2008.its not.
they swam and they swam all over the dam.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Jun 2019, 09:11

I had a little investment on Warren back in March to be the winning Democratic candidate - she was 25/1 then, now 4.5/1. Biden is 2.25/1, Harris 3.5/1.

I agree with Snee, Biden is the media choice - because they can't think beyond his years as VP. But they forget that Trump has happened inbetween and the way for the Democrats to win is to oppose all Trump stands for - not put in Uncle Joe, as the 'tried & trusted' Democrat alternative. I don;t think there's nearly as much love for Biden at voter level - if you read and listen, there's a lot of concern around a white, establishment 70 year old male opposing Trump.

Of course, Biden is the favourite - but by no means overwhelmingly, and I don;t see where he gains too many votes from here on in.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt.
Only four, Mr President, and you don't have my vote.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Jun 2019, 17:43

The nomination, as they say, is his to lose.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 28 Jun 2019, 19:54

I thought Kamala Harris was a little off her game yet she is still getting the lion's share of the buzz.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 29 Jun 2019, 03:33

Hightea wrote:I'm frightened. None of these Dems know what they are talking about. Too many failed ideas and way too much spending on things that don't matter.
can't stand Trump and the Reps but I don't see any of these Dems taking it back from Trump unless the economy tanks.

Although I'm not with the sillies above who think they are commies that would be Mr Trump.

Well he's neither drained the swamp nor has he cutback on government spending so he's evidently as much of a pinko as all the rest. Do you disagree?

:?:

"That government governs best that governs least."

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 02 Jul 2019, 21:40

Hepcat wrote:
Hightea wrote:I'm frightened. None of these Dems know what they are talking about. Too many failed ideas and way too much spending on things that don't matter.

Well he's neither drained the swamp nor has he cutback on government spending so he's evidently as much of a pinko as all the rest. Do you disagree?

:?:

Hep - Trump drained some of the swamp and replaced them with his swamp which might have been worse. Trump only ran for president because he heard it would make him millions after being president. All his policies are to help him and his friends make money, they don't care about pollution, corruption, lying to get what they want also gets to hide him money laundering and criminal acts. He likes dictators because he would like to be one himself and if he could would change the laws to make him one.

Who believes Putin is a capitalist? Putin is a murderer - he has killed hundreds of people under his realm(mostly journalists). Yes he makes money like a capitalist but not in capitalist ways.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 30 Jul 2019, 16:44

I simply CAN'T WAIT to hear what kind of wisdom Marianne Williamson is going to drop on us tonight.

Hoping for a bold "Essential Oils for All" healthcare plan.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jul 2019, 16:44

Elizabeth Warren really has to win the race : ""I don't understand why anybody goes through all the trouble running for president of the United States just to talk about what we really can't do and shouldn't fight for".

Atcha!

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt.
Only four, Mr President, and you don't have my vote.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 31 Jul 2019, 16:59

Both her and Bernie were much better last night. "I wrote the damn bill" :lol:

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 31 Jul 2019, 20:49

Count Machuki wrote:I simply CAN'T WAIT to hear what kind of wisdom Marianne Williamson is going to drop on us tonight.

hope you're not too disappointed. :lol:
I thought her defense of reparations was very well expressed.
and that "dark psychic force" thing?
(kiss my fingers like a chef)

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 31 Jul 2019, 21:07

Sneelock wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:I simply CAN'T WAIT to hear what kind of wisdom Marianne Williamson is going to drop on us tonight.

I won't be satisfied until she blames chemtrails for the last election.

Lest we get too wrapped up in her obvious comedy value, though, a reminder that her new age egocentric hooey is fucking dangerous:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/m ... cna1035956

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 31 Jul 2019, 22:49

yeah, I won't argue with any of that, especially the anti-vaxxer stuff. the truth is, in spite of all this, I like her and have followed her a long time. "the course in miracles" interests me even though I can stand apart and see how Koo-Koo it sounds.

I heard a Nation writer in Detroit on a podcast saying that he was standing near a street full of Marianne Williamson supporters and you could hear them chanting in the background like Hare Krishnas. Have I underestimated the almighty power of Alyssa Milano?

anyway, yeah it's pretty weird that somebody like that is running for President. these are pretty weird times. she has about the 1% of support that others who yakked a lot more have. I think I'm over my "the more the merrier" vibe but I'm not sure I'm going to like how this shakes out once the herd is thinned.
Last edited by Sneelock on 01 Aug 2019, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 31 Jul 2019, 22:52

it really seems like the Biden/Harris Axis and the Sanders/Warren Axis to me right now. I wonder if it will seem that way to me tomorrow?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 31 Jul 2019, 23:18

Sneelock wrote:

Conventional Politicians Are Infinitely Weirder Than Marianne Williamson
Caitlin Johnstone

Seasoned career politicians are infinitely more ridiculous, crazy, risible and undignified than Marianne Williamson, because the power structures and agendas they uphold are so transparently bat shit insane. That doesn’t mean Williamson is special, it means they are freaks. And if we ever get sane, we’ll immediately see them as such.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/conv ... d7bbe74635
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Aug 2019, 01:49

Uh oh, Biden just dropped the malarkey bomb