Democrat candidates so far. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Mar 2019, 02:33

Jay Inslee's Vice Presidential campaign is starting well.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 09 Mar 2019, 19:51

Sure seems like Beto is gonna run. I got an email recently that starts like this (the second paragraph was a link):

If you’re on the edge of your seat about Beto’s decision around a potential 2020 run for president, you’re not alone. But since you’re someone who supported Beto’s run for Senate, I wanted to invite you to be first to hear Beto’s big announcement.

Want to be first to know about Beto’s 2020 decision? Sign up to get the earliest possible update here -- then forward this email to your friends and family so they can get it too.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Mar 2019, 16:01

Home run!

I especially like how deftly she talked back a few "gaffs" and restated her position. The one most important to me because I follow the issue was how she had described Assad of Syria before (brutal dictator) and then spoke of him in the town hall here (not so brutal).
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 14 Mar 2019, 00:46

Dunno if this one should go here or in the Fake News thread but here it shall go.

Colbert Smears Tulsi Gabbard To Her Face While Telling Zero Jokes
Caitlin Johnstone

This is an organized smear by the mass media attempting to marry Gabbard in the eyes of the public to a Middle Eastern leader whom the propagandists have already sold as a child-murdering monster, and Colbert is participating in it here just as much as the serious news media talking heads are.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/colb ... b9ec26ac8b
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Mar 2019, 01:09

somebody wrote:If you’re on the edge of your seat about Beto’s decision around a potential 2020 run for president, you’re not alone. But since you’re someone who supported Beto’s run for Senate, I wanted to invite you to be first to hear Beto’s big announcement.

Want to be first to know about Beto’s 2020 decision? Sign up to get the earliest possible update here -- then forward this email to your friends and family so they can get it too.

Oh boy, a chain letter! :roll:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 14 Mar 2019, 01:15

Snarfyguy wrote:
somebody wrote:If you’re on the edge of your seat about Beto’s decision around a potential 2020 run for president, you’re not alone. But since you’re someone who supported Beto’s run for Senate, I wanted to invite you to be first to hear Beto’s big announcement.

From Beto no less!

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 14 Mar 2019, 11:47

Beto makes things interesting, of course. He’s got vastly more charisma than anyone in the race and almost no firm policy or ideological markers thrown down, in contrast to almost everyone else in the race. I would like it very much if we could graft his gifts of charisma and magnetism onto Castro’s record. Alas. Then again, Obama didn’t need much of a record.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Mar 2019, 14:27

Still Baron wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:

From Beto no less!

It's such a dreamy chain letter, too!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 14 Mar 2019, 16:16

I wish Beto didn't seem so John Edwards to me.
every report seems to mention the "already crowded field"
I can't help but feel like he's running to endorse Biden.
prove me wrong, please.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Mar 2019, 19:00

Come on, punk rock president!

:lol:

:roll:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 14 Mar 2019, 20:31

Eyeroll, man? Sounds like you're working for THE CLAMPDOWN!

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 15 Mar 2019, 18:45

Still Baron wrote:Beto makes things interesting, of course. He’s got vastly more charisma than anyone in the race and almost no firm policy or ideological markers thrown down, in contrast to almost everyone else in the race. I would like it very much if we could graft his gifts of charisma and magnetism onto Castro’s record. Alas. Then again, Obama didn’t need much of a record.

I was reading quite a long article on him the other day. I say on him, but actually I found out very little about who he was or what he believed in, it was more about his appeal, his use of social media etc.
Still if that's what it takes for the Dems to get in then so be it. The Prez is a more of a figurehead and the important thing is the team around him, wouldn't you say?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 15 Mar 2019, 20:22

A charismatic young politician is raising lots of money and stressing how much he looks forward to working alongside Republicans.

Deja vu.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 16 Mar 2019, 14:05

Sneelock wrote: [...] looks forward to working alongside Republicans.

Oh, that oughta do the trick. :roll:

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Mar 2019, 16:40

I'm glad Elizabeth Warren is in this race.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/politics ... index.html
she's the real deal, man. she might not have a chance in hell to get elected but she is certainly using her time as a candidate to talk about things that matter in a way people can relate to and THEN she threads the needle - government can do more.

I nod my head when people tell me they think she can't win and why but I really think she's sincere & that's no small thing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Mar 2019, 17:10

I wanted a Sanders/Warren ticket the last time we went through this mess, and I still think that's a pretty great idea.

Warren could be the first Lady President when Sanders suddenly dies from a weed overdose.

WE COULD DO WORSE.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 19 Mar 2019, 17:24

I’ve been super impressed with her since I heard her on Fresh Air while she was still a law professor. I think if I dug into everything I would be most simpatico with most of her stances/positions ... but I don’t make these decisions based on that, alas.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Mar 2019, 17:50

I do in the Primary. I leave the optics and handicapping to others.
I'll be voting with my bread-basket in the primary. I can't will myself into the brain of the machine the way others can.

you can't tell the players without a score-card! Here's a good one.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... de/582598/

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 20 Mar 2019, 00:36

king of the divan

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 Mar 2019, 00:40

Count Machuki wrote: WE COULD DO WORSE.

Now that's a campaign slogan!