drawing

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
ever/never
hounds people off the board

drawing

Postby ever/never » 07 Dec 2018, 12:39

Do any of you draw? sketch? doodle?

It’s an introvert’s pastime, I suppose. You sometimes see folk on the Metro or even in a pub with a plain notebook open, drawing what they see. Ever done that? It’s a really calming hobby, cheap, easy. Some good apps for the iPad now, too.

Rayge

Re: drawing

Postby Rayge » 07 Dec 2018, 12:46

Freely admit I'm completely useless at it, and indeed at using a brush for anything other than house painting, or writing legibly. That's the main reason I learned to touch-type and have been hauling cameras around with me for 50 years.
Last edited by Rayge on 07 Dec 2018, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 07 Dec 2018, 13:11

Rayge wrote:Freely admit I'm completely useless at it, and indeed at using a brush for anything other or writing legibly. That's the main reason I learned to touch-type and have been hauling cameras around with me for 50 years.

Ditto. Except for touch-typing. And, less than 50 yrs.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 07 Dec 2018, 13:19

Dammit, I thought this was going to be another one of Coan's "request-o-pic" threads.

John, could you draw me a picture of Roger Moore and Snoop Dogg being chased by wasps?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 07 Dec 2018, 13:20

And I'd like Joey Ramone dressed as a DHL delivery driver thinking about converting to Mormonism.

ever/never
hounds people off the board

Postby ever/never » 07 Dec 2018, 13:32

You apathetic fuckers start some threads and I’ll think about doing some drawing

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Dec 2018, 14:08

I'm useless with pencil and paper unless I really put my mind to it. To sketch something that's in front of me is nearly impossible, and I really envy those who can do it. I just can't deal with perspective for some reason.

Making shit up with a paint app is fun, though, and I'd really like to try painting with oils some day. I did a few watercolours back when I was a student and they were half-decent still lives. Patience is the key to stuff like that, though. You can start out with the best intentions, using small brushstrokes, putting them right where you want them, then all of a sudden you get bored and start splashing paint all over the place. I guess that can work sometimes, but it's not really part of the intent, I suppose.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 07 Dec 2018, 15:14

SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON wrote:You apathetic fuckers start some threads and I’ll think about doing some drawing

Umami Jalfrezi it is then

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Dec 2018, 18:00

I'm a constant doodler, mainly cartoons. I was one of those kids that was always drawing, copying comic book superheroes or drawing sports athletes. It was always between me and Bridget Gasparetti at school who would draw a poster if the class needed it. Bridget could draw horses lots better than me. If you needed a horse, she was your girl.

I minored in graphic design, which fit into my advertising degree.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!