board names/avatars/signatures

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rayge

Re: board names/avatars/signatures

Postby Rayge » 08 Dec 2018, 19:05

SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON wrote:Who has the worst board name? Deebank, The Prof, Diamond Dog, toomanyhatz are all completely idiotic

well, yes, but what about their board names?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

ever/never
hounds people off the board

Postby ever/never » 08 Dec 2018, 19:08

:lol:

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 08 Dec 2018, 19:12

SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON wrote:Whose names do you need explaining? Sneelock, yomptepi (still!), Count Machuki, echolalia

It’s nothing to do with Johnny Echols or the Dead Can Dance track. I’d been at the cooking marsala the night I joined BCB and hadn’t a clue what to give for a name, so I used the first word that popped into my mind – which was echolalia, as I’d been reading about it earlier. I don’t even like it. I’m thinking of changing to oleander median (the famous Armenian gardener) in fact.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Dec 2018, 19:22

Quaco wrote:How about the phenomenon where you see an album or photograph in another place and immediately think of the BCB person instead of the artist? (The Slider, Diamond Dog's picture of Jimmy Page, etc.)

I know what you mean. I used to like T Rex.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Dec 2018, 00:52

LeBaron wrote:
SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON wrote:Whose names do you need explaining? Count Machuki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Matchuki

Though I thought it was Prince Machuki?

That's the guy! Happened to have a reggae comp on the desk in front of me when I registered FIFTEEN LONG YEARS AGO.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Dec 2018, 05:34

Infrequent poster Shaun, used to be called lizard or gizzard something, I forget, we're actual friends here in Tokyo and he calls me Jimbo and introduced me to his friend as Jimbo. Now so many years later his friend's kids and wife (actual neighbors) call me Jimbo. The kids go, "Jimbo!" It's kind of cool.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 09 Dec 2018, 17:57

SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON wrote:Who has the best board name? Harvey K-Tel, maybe

Who has the worst board name? Deebank, The Prof, Diamond Dog, toomanyhatz are all completely idiotic

Who has the best avatar? Sneelock

Who has the worst avatar? everybody else - Goat Boy, Charlie O., Matt Wilson...

Who FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do you wish would change their board name/avatar/signature? GoogaMooga

Whose names do you need explaining? Sneelock, yomptepi (still!), Count Machuki, echolalia

Pomp Yeti, obviously

Sensi had the best avatar there has ever been or ever will be and I am not even a boob man
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Dec 2018, 18:10

Count Machuki wrote:
LeBaron wrote:
SWIMMING POOL HARRINGTON wrote:Whose names do you need explaining? Count Machuki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Matchuki

Though I thought it was Prince Machuki?

That's the guy! Happened to have a reggae comp on the desk in front of me when I registered FIFTEEN LONG YEARS AGO.

Didn't someone have the cover of Big Youth's Screaming Targets album cover at some time?
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!