Dog shit

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rayge

Dog shit

Postby Rayge » 01 Dec 2018, 13:19

I don't suppose anyone outside of the UK may have noticed, but as part of the (wholly admirable) campaign to get dog owners to pick up after their pets, some clown has designed posters showing Tinkerbell, with the slogan 'There's no such thing as the Dog Poo Fairy'. Nothing more calculated to make me abandon my decades-old habit of cleaning up after Sal, Kez and Scrap in turn.
How I wish there was a Patronising-Shits Killer Daemon, looking like a cutesy-pie Cthulhu, to rid us of these wanker slogan-writers and the zombs who employ them. You want to change adults' behaviour, infantilize them and pat them on the head: that'll do it, because the only reason they don't pick up is because they are My Little Pony airheads and it's never occurred to them, because of course all dog owners love their streets and parks to be ankle-deep in excrement.

Anyway, vent over, don't suppose ANYONE ELSE IS REMOTELY INTERESTED (sorry, errrant caps lock) in my paricular beef, so feel free to chip in with our own charming stories about the products of dogs' arses, or indeed the much filthier, more disgusting and long-lasting emanations from the eliminatory orifices of the ad 'industry'.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Jimbo

Re: Dog shit

Postby Jimbo » 01 Dec 2018, 15:45

I'd visit Dad who was blinded by macular degeneration and for the week or so while I was there it was my job to walk Schroeder, an easily 50 pound labradoodle, his service dog, and to tell the truth I liked picking up his poo. I wish I could take shits that meaty! Also, too few tasks can be done so satisfactorily. However, after I had the warm baggie in hand I wondered what to do with it. I suppose I could have brought it back to Dad's apartment and dumped it in the toilet but instead I'd drop it in a public waste bin - or, no! I usually dropped it in the dumpster by his building, but I did from time to time drop it in with the street trash. Whatever, it was still gross. I felt sorry for the garbagemen. Another thing I wondered about was how when I was not there helping Dad how the blind old man picked it up. Often I'd walk Schroeder at night and had to find his shit with a flashlight. How did Dad do it? Schroeder shit buffalo-sized loads. Dad probably just left it. Oh, the stories about Dad and Schroeder … Don't ask about the cruise ship.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 01 Dec 2018, 16:37

There's nothing like a baggie full of fresh dog poo to warm the hands with on those chilly winter mornings.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 01 Dec 2018, 16:42

Those service dogs can be quite considerate if trained properly

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Dec 2018, 09:39

Rayge, maybe you want to catch the owners who don't pick up after their dogs. Here's how!

Tired of cleaning up dog poop, apartment manager uses DNA testing to fine pet owners

https://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/2018/12/0 ... et-owners/

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

caramba

Postby caramba » 06 Dec 2018, 13:35

Coming soon!

Rayge in DSI - Devon...

"Put the lead down and move away from the poorly trained domesticated quadruped NOW!"