George H.W. Bush has passed away

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Hightea

Re: George H.W. Bush has passed away

Postby Hightea » 06 Dec 2018, 04:59

RIP George.

I've got a George story. Back when he was VP I was in Glacier National Park and had hiked up a trail with some friends and smoked a joint up top.
About a 1/2 hour later a couple claiming to be from Seattle showed up and told us that VP Bush was down below fishing and the cops though we were Democratic protesters. Haha we had no idea he was there and I'm sure that wasn't a couple from Seattle. When we came down we saw VP Bush walking back to his car with wall to wall guards.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Dec 2018, 16:12

I was watching a Jason Goodman video talking about GHW Bush and he put up this picture. It shows, said Goodman, a young Richard Nixon, Senator (and NAZI banker) Prescott Bush, Poppy's father, and the guy between them is is Jack Ruby!

Yeah, he kind of looks like a young Ruby.

I had seen that photo the other day watching a JFK assassination video which places GHW Bush deeply in the conspiracy. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to add this photo, this dark bit of Bush lore to the thread here so I went to Yahoo! images and there it was. However, grouped with that photo was this one. Where is Ruby?

Was Ruby edited in or brushed out? :?

As I look at the two pictures I see a few other differences. One is, clearly, they are not the same as you can see different expressions on Nixon's and Bush's faces, so maybe Ruby wasn't in the frame at that moment. But look at the backgrounds. Where's the column? Where is the picture of (Dulles?) on the wall behind Ruby?

To the JIMBO CAVE!
Last edited by Jimbo on 06 Dec 2018, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Dec 2018, 16:22

The word is "perspective", Jimbo. You might want to learn it.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 06 Dec 2018, 16:47

Jimbo wrote:As I look at the two pictures I see a few other differences. One is, clearly, they are not the same as you can see different expressions on Nixon's and Bush's faces, so maybe Ruby wasn't in the frame at that moment. But look at the backgrounds. Where's the column? Where is the picture of (Dulles?) on the wall behind Ruby?

Jaysus, Jimbo, you are so fucking gullible about photographic 'evidence'. Take it from someone who has made, messed around, or generally worked with hundreds of thousands of photos, there is no need to posit 'tampering' with either. They are taken from very different angles, with Bush and Nixon close to the photographer(s). All the things that are 'missing', including 'Ruby' (looks nothing like him to me) are simply obscured by the figures in the foreground. And if that is Ruby, it was obviously taken a fair few years before the assassination, and indeed before JFK's election, presumably by a press photographer, so would have been published then or not at all - why tamper with it when Ruby was a nobody, and why keep it and publish it after the event?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 Dec 2018, 16:58

Rayge wrote:
Jimbo wrote:As I look at the two pictures I see a few other differences. One is, clearly, they are not the same as you can see different expressions on Nixon's and Bush's faces, so maybe Ruby wasn't in the frame at that moment. But look at the backgrounds. Where's the column? Where is the picture of (Dulles?) on the wall behind Ruby?

Jaysus, Jimbo, you are so fucking gullible about photographic 'evidence'. Take it from someone who has made, messed around, or generally worked with hundreds of thousands of photos, there is no need to posit 'tampering' with either. They are taken from very different angles, with Bush and Nixon close to the photographer(s). All the things that are 'missing', including 'Ruby' (looks nothing like him to me) are simply obscured by the figures in the foreground. And if that is Ruby, it was obviously taken a fair few years before the assassination, and indeed before JFK's election, presumably by a press photographer, so would have been published then or not at all - why tamper with it when Ruby was a nobody, and why keep it and publish it after the event?

You say all that, but what about Lee Harvey Oswald who is disguised as a pillar behind Nixon. What have you to say to that eh? EH?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Dec 2018, 17:02

He slipped under Nixon's hat when no one was looking.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Dec 2018, 17:30

Rayge wrote: And if that is Ruby, it was obviously taken a fair few years before the assassination, and indeed before JFK's election, presumably by a press photographer, so would have been published then or not at all - why tamper with it when Ruby was a nobody, and why keep it and publish it after the event?

Not to get too deeply into things but according to one theory the conspirators were acquainted long before the assassination and Nixon was heard to say upon seeing Ruby on TV after he shot Oswald, "I know that guy!" and Prescott Bush was a very powerful guy and a backer/founder of the CIA. Let's say they all stayed in touch over the years. It was with Prescott's influence which got GHW the task of killing JFK and then the CIA chief job.

Re the photo, where is that column and picture? Even with slightly different perspective those items should be in the frame.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2018, 17:35

The Modernist wrote:
Rayge wrote:

You say all that, but what about Lee Harvey Oswald who is disguised as a pillar behind Nixon. What have you to say to that eh? EH?

Good disguise.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Dec 2018, 18:41

Jimbo wrote:
Re the photo, where is that column and picture? Even with slightly different perspective those items should be in the frame.

It's NOT a "slightly different perspective", one was shot at head height from quite close up and the other was shot from about waist height from quite close up. Do a little experiment and look at your wife from standing height and then crouch down and look from waist height and see just how different they look, and how different the background looks. I can see the "column" which isn't really a column, but a bulkhead in the corner of the room, and I can see a photograph, quite clearly in the second shot which is barely visible at the very top of the first shot. Fuck, I can't believe I just wrote all that for you.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Dec 2018, 18:45

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 06 Dec 2018, 19:19

My first consciousness of GWB was him running in the 80 election. I remember watching a news clip of some guy protesting, presumably at a political rally, chanting "No Nukes! (beat, beat) No Nukes!" while some other guy was chanting "George Bush!" on the other two beats. For some reason that stuck to me and to this day when I hear the name I think "No Nukes! George Bush! No Nukes!"
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2018, 21:07

Sneelock wrote:sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Or a pillar.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!