Why were you guys so mean to that Markus fella?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
C
Robust

Re: Why were you guys so mean to that Markus fella?

Postby C » 21 Jan 2019, 09:19

Uncle Charles Routine wrote:yep

Another notch carved for the bully-boy and his henchmen.

Well done boys.

Yes, well done

Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

Robert

Postby Robert » 21 Jan 2019, 10:16

Last edited by Robert on 21 Jan 2019, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 21 Jan 2019, 10:30

sloopjohnc wrote:
You should've seen him on the NBA thread in sporting life. I'd counter his criticisms or positions with stats and pretty good hoops knowledge, but he'd rarely back down from his position.

I overlooked his grammar and punctuation quirks, for the most part. Some of his posts were like translating Esperanto, but if I got the gist of what he was trying to write, it was no big deal.

First off, Mark didn't have much loyalty to the people on here. He never got that people could become such good friends from just a music forum. But I think he had a pretty good stable of friends where he was and who he grew up with at so didn't need the camaraderie of this place. I kinda get that.

I tried reaching out on Facebook, but his responses have been very perfunctory. Until he quit responding. I might message him about some benign hoops thing, but he even quit responding to that. We're still Facebook friends, but his posts crop up very infrequently on my feed.

For his sake, I hope his job is going well and he's found a woman, because I take it most of his friends were attached or married as they were getting older. After his dad died, I know he was taking care of his mom more, so I think it's probably more about priorities than anything. I also think he'd just had enough.

Classy.

sloopjohnc wrote:I've decided my last day on BCB is today. I was going to wait until after the '70s cup, but since I'll be off for Xmas, decided to make it today.

Everyone have a good life - I've made some friends on here and probably some enemies, but such is life. I'll miss the place a little, but I came to the conclusion that I'm not positively contributing to the place much anymore and probably sucking some life out of it and me.

Everyone have a good holidays and catch you on the flip side maybe.

Reminds me why I'm not sorry you left BCB too.
Last edited by Samoan on 23 Jan 2019, 13:47, edited 2 times in total.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Jan 2019, 10:37

Samoan wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
You should've seen him on the NBA thread in sporting life. I'd counter his criticisms or positions with stats and pretty good hoops knowledge, but he'd rarely back down from his position.

I overlooked his grammar and punctuation quirks, for the most part. Some of his posts were like translating Esperanto, but if I got the gist of what he was trying to write, it was no big deal.

First off, Mark didn't have much loyalty to the people on here. He never got that people could become such good friends from just a music forum. But I think he had a pretty good stable of friends where he was and who he grew up with at so didn't need the camaraderie of this place. I kinda get that.

I tried reaching out on Facebook, but his responses have been very perfunctory. Until he quit responding. I might message him about some benign hoops thing, but he even quit responding to that. We're still Facebook friends, but his posts crop up very infrequently on my feed.

For his sake, I hope his job is going well and he's found a woman, because I take it most of his friends were attached or married as they were getting older. After his dad died, I know he was taking care of his mom more, so I think it's probably more about priorities than anything. I also think he'd just had enough.

Classy.
Reminds me why I'm not sorry you left BCB too.

I don't understand your comment. Honestly. I see nothing in that post that could cause offence. It's honest and straightforward.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

C
Robust

Postby C » 21 Jan 2019, 10:50

Diamond Dog wrote:I don't understand your comment

Solarskope wrote:Initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Jan 2019, 10:57

No. I just quoted your post, and your comment, directly because I was talking to somebody else.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 21 Jan 2019, 11:03

Markus wasn’t into music like the rest of us therefore the kind of friendships and allegiances that people build on here over shared tastes and aesthetics didn’t mean as much to him and were probably quite alien. I know I’m generalising but I suspect for many of us the music chat on BCB has satisfied a thirst that has not always been quenchable in the real world therefore it filled an important hole in our lives and therefore the relationships that developed meant something. He never bothered with Jolly ups either so any friendships he did have on the board didn’t cross over into the real world. It was always separate. It seemed more like a diversion to him, something you did whilst bored at work rather than something that satisfied some incurable itch.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 21 Jan 2019, 11:39

He met up several times with Sensi and her husband (Evil Dave I believe was his board name ? ) when they went on holiday to Ireland (ROI and NI). Some nice photos of the three of them out socially.
Last edited by Samoan on 21 Jan 2019, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 21 Jan 2019, 11:39

Goat Boy wrote:Markus wasn’t into music like the rest of us.

Is this a joke? :?
Certainly the most patronising thing I've read on here for a long time. No wonder Markus fucked off!

From my scant acquaintance with both yourself and Mark I know he is a massive Radiohead fan. I'm not sure what bands/artists you are a massive fan of though, if any. And I would suggest Radiohead are a key 'canon' band for a board drawn from readers of Mojo.

Perhaps the fact he lives in Donegal was more of a factor in him not getting out much?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 21 Jan 2019, 11:41

I don’t recall him mentioning that on the board. Didn’t he arrange a jolly up and then not turn up?!

He ditched most of us from his Facebook as well.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 21 Jan 2019, 11:55

Not a joke at all.

“From my scant acquaintance...”

No wonder he fucked off! Coan and his evil henchmen strike again!

Here, have a smiley :lol:

Etc
Last edited by Goat Boy on 21 Jan 2019, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

CLOWN
hounds people off the board

Postby CLOWN » 21 Jan 2019, 11:58

Deebank :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoogaMooga wrote:
Walk In My Shadow wrote:How's old Zilth, by the way?

He's alright, but not collecting as feverishly as I.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 21 Jan 2019, 12:32

Uncle Charles Routine wrote:Deebank :lol: :lol: :lol:

No wonder Markus fucked off

Robert

Postby Robert » 21 Jan 2019, 12:47

Deebank wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Markus wasn’t into music like the rest of us.

Is this a joke? :?
Certainly the most patronising thing I've read on here for a long time. No wonder Markus fucked off!

From my scant acquaintance with both yourself and Mark I know he is a massive Radiohead fan. I'm not sure what bands/artists you are a massive fan of though, if any. And I would suggest Radiohead are a key 'canon' band for a board drawn from readers of Mojo.

Perhaps the fact he lives in Donegal was more of a factor in him not getting out much?

Yes that's true, even if you read this board fairly passively, that much was clear. The same goes for Goatboy though, the taste of most regular posters is well documented.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 21 Jan 2019, 12:48

He was a Radiohead fan but that was about it!

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 21 Jan 2019, 12:52

Deebank wrote:Certainly the most patronising thing I've read on here for a long time

Poor old C***head, even his brother doesn’t read his posts :(
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

CLOWN

Postby CLOWN » 21 Jan 2019, 12:55

Deebank wrote:Perhaps the fact he lives in Donegal was more of a factor in him not getting out much?

Certainly the most patronising thing I've read on here for a long time.
GoogaMooga wrote:

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 21 Jan 2019, 13:01

Goat Boy wrote:He was a Radiohead fan but that was about it!

There's a long thread about punk somewhere in Classic Threads which largely involves Markus arguing with, well, pretty much anything anybody else says on the thread, regardless of what it actually is.

Otherwise I don't remember him posting about music other than Radiohead at all to be honest. Pretty sure he came here from Q rather than Mojo. He seemed much more interested in sports, beer, small talk and "social issues".
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 21 Jan 2019, 13:23

Uncle Charles Routine wrote:
Deebank wrote:Perhaps the fact he lives in Donegal was more of a factor in him not getting out much?

Certainly the most patronising thing I've read on here for a long time.

Maybe his horse was knackered

CLOWN

Postby CLOWN » 21 Jan 2019, 13:30

:lol:
GoogaMooga wrote: