Have you got a hard on for New York

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Quaco
F R double E

Re: Have you got a hard on for New York

Postby Quaco » 01 Dec 2018, 17:54

I agree with hippopotamus. I'm sure it's changed, but it's still got interesting things happening everywhere you turn. Just as an example, I went out of the hotel to get coffee and realized I wanted a little gift for Heidi, and someone walked by with a big toy, I asked where they got it, they pointed down the street, and just a block away was a HUGE TOY EMPORIUM where I bought a couple really great things (including an inflatable pug dog), got the coffee on the way back, and she was barely out of the shower when I came in. You can really live moment to moment there.

But the rents are going up and people are being forced out of town or are closing. That is happening everywhere. L.A. has lost a lot of its best places, and they're being torn down every day. Still I know enough places and things that are still around because I live here. Whereas London seems to me, an outsider, maybe to have lost so much such that its character has changed. (Then again I'd always come back for the people, the parks, and everything else.) But New York? No, not yet. Also, the fact that people so many people coexist there is a real example to us all. The key to it is they let out their feelings, all the time. It's a better way! In three trips there last year, each of a couple weeks, I saw ZERO cases of people arguing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -