Gavin Esler
No votes

Total votes: 25

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: fave BBC journo

Postby yomptepi » 18 Nov 2018, 17:24

Earl E. Eel wrote:
yomptepi wrote:I cannot believe anyone could vote for fucking Marr.

Not after this morning. Quite a bit of fuss on social media

When he put that condescending Chakrabarti in her place. She was really taken aback wasn't she?
You don't like me...do you?

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 19 Nov 2018, 10:37

yomptepi wrote:
Earl E. Eel wrote:
yomptepi wrote:I cannot believe anyone could vote for fucking Marr.

When he put that condescending Chakrabarti in her place. She was really taken aback wasn't she?

Yes but it's all about how he was showing his true colours (and by extension, the BBC) - still misogynistic. Or whatever.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 19 Nov 2018, 11:03

Earl E. Eel wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Earl E. Eel wrote:

Yes but it's all about how he was showing his true colours (and by extension, the BBC) - still misogynistic. Or whatever.

I think she was out of order. I am not sure he would have tried the same trick with the ultra patronising Thornberry, but it is about time someone called these people on their tone of voice. I love to see him pull the whole of the SNP up too, as it is policy for them.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 19 Nov 2018, 13:10

Marr was bang out of order. I think he was just upset that his opening gambit of "have you read the document" backfired badly on him, and he went on the offensive, in an offensive way. Should be forced to quit, if he can't talk reasonably to a woman who happens to be smarter than him.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 19 Nov 2018, 13:20

Darkness_Fish wrote:Marr was bang out of order. I think he was just upset that his opening gambit of "have you read the document" backfired badly on him, and he went on the offensive, in an offensive way. Should be forced to quit, if he can't talk reasonably to a woman who happens to be smarter than him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 19 Nov 2018, 13:48

At the very least it was uncharacteristic of AM.

I'm still not quite sure why he went on the attack like he did. He's usually so meek...
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 19 Nov 2018, 13:57

It came across as "don't patronise me ... because my attempt to patronise you just failed really badly". There must be some back story or something there, he properly lost it for a second. I'd love to know what was being shouted down his ear, the way he tried to claw it back and pretend that it was a normal interview.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 19 Nov 2018, 14:00

I've still not clicked an option in this poll, btw. It's a depressing list. I'm almost tempted to vote for Kuenssburg, she might not be the most impartial (hello, Paxman), but she has a bit of something about her.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 19 Nov 2018, 14:07

Too fucking right she does!

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 19 Nov 2018, 18:21

Earl E. Eel wrote:At the very least it was uncharacteristic of AM.

I'm still not quite sure why he went on the attack like he did. He's usually so meek...

Because she is always so fucking rude. I suspect he had been on the wrong end of her supercilious nonsense for a while before they went on air, and had had enough. She really is a dreadful woman.

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 19 Nov 2018, 18:53

Earl E. Eel wrote:He's usually so meek...

Oh, he’s not. I don’t have a platform on which to listen to his agenda-setting political interviews, but he’s AWFUL on ”Start the Week” - which often has potentially fascinating discussions and themes. Marr is SO keen to show he’s up with this week’s reading material and so fucking BUMPTIOUS that it often comes off like he thinks he’s more expert than the experts, whether the subject at hand is Napoleon or heritable differences in allergen sensitivity.

The entirely loveable Tom Sutcliffe who subs in for him sometimes is like 20x better. Unfortunately I think Sutcliffe is the elder, so little chance of him getting the gig permanently.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Nov 2018, 08:37

Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 20 Nov 2018, 10:22

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 20 Nov 2018, 20:22

I have a bit of a crush on Jeremy Bowen.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 20 Nov 2018, 21:17

I feel sorry for Gavin Esler. Even when he's one of the main presenters, and has done it for ages, you still think he's just a stand-in. Something about his presence, he's got an aura of supply-teacher about him.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 20 Nov 2018, 21:22

Darkness_Fish wrote:I feel sorry for Gavin Esler. Even when he's one of the main presenters, and has done it for ages, you still think he's just a stand-in. Something about his presence, he's got an aura of supply-teacher about him.

:lol:

Yeah, I suppose so. I think he's great. He does a good job on Dateline London, and of course he dealt well with Mark E after Peel's death...

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 20 Nov 2018, 21:23

Stephen Sackur should be there too.

Return to “Nextdoorland”