Nov. 6 is National Nachos Day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Re: Nov. 6 is National Nachos Day

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 07 Nov 2018, 22:52

Bent Fabric wrote:I make my own (fry the corn tortillas into chips, add beans, cheese, jalapenos...maybe chicken or beef, but...not really necessary - and then bake the whole mess for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese). A wonderful treat, but...honestly, a bit of a procedure when you factor in the chips. Worth it if there's company/party/etc./help in the kitchen, but...in a "party of one" scenario, you'd ponder the weight gain and hard graft and probably think better of it.

I wouldn’t think better of it :oops:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 07 Nov 2018, 22:58

Minnie Cheddars wrote:
Bent Fabric wrote:I make my own (fry the corn tortillas into chips, add beans, cheese, jalapenos...maybe chicken or beef, but...not really necessary - and then bake the whole mess for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese). A wonderful treat, but...honestly, a bit of a procedure when you factor in the chips. Worth it if there's company/party/etc./help in the kitchen, but...in a "party of one" scenario, you'd ponder the weight gain and hard graft and probably think better of it.

I wouldn’t think better of it :oops:

You would bake the tortillas. :evil:
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 07 Nov 2018, 23:03

:o
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Nov 2018, 23:08

After rec league basketball games, we had a guy on our team who was a vegetarian and who insisted we didn't get chicken on the nachos we'd share.

This was every week. Sometimes he'd go on and tell us how much meat collected in our intestines from eating meat.

One of my teammates finally had enough and told him, "That chicken is never getting past all that congealed cheese anyway so shut your trap." Or words to that effect.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Robert

Postby Robert » 07 Nov 2018, 23:10

The cheesy ones are great for scooping up y’r bowl of chili!

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 07 Nov 2018, 23:20

sloopjohnc wrote:After rec league basketball games, we had a guy on our team who was a vegetarian and who insisted we didn't get chicken on the nachos we'd share.

This was every week. Sometimes he'd go on and tell us how much meat collected in our intestines from eating meat.

One of my teammates finally had enough and told him, "That chicken is never getting past all that congealed cheese anyway so shut your trap." Or words to that effect.

It’s not like chicken on nachos is some great prize! Grilled skirt steak is nice, but if you’ve got that you might as well have tacos or fajitas.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.