7%
DD
12%

Total votes: 42

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: **WORST TASTE IN MUSIC**

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Nov 2018, 10:45

I'm surprised DD hasn't included him in his "other" BCB gang: the right wing usurpers who have taken control of Nextdoorland from noble left wingers like DD, Copey and Griff.

Current members (?):

Yomp
Nick
Goat Boy
Toby

Can we include Rother now too? I mean, he is a Lord after all.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 08 Nov 2018, 10:46

Toby wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Purgatory Brite wrote:I'm uncertain whether it's a good or a bad thing not to have received a single vote here. Is that the rest of BCB just doesn't care anymore?

I see that there is the usual victimisation of Rother. I don't think that anyone, with the possible exception of Googa, gets so much vitriol for simply saying what he likes in music.

I don't think he is victimised. He wouldn't be here if he thought he was being victimised. He just has terrible taste in music, and I think he celebrates every time he posts in Prog corner. Good for him.

There are many here who dislike him a lot more because he is tory.

Again Yomp nails it.

That doesn't stack up.
It's not the 'lefties' that give Rother a hard time.He rarely comments on the political threads
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 08 Nov 2018, 10:49

I wasn't commenting on his political affiliation.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 08 Nov 2018, 10:50

Toby wrote:I wasn't commenting on his political affiliation.

No? Well Yomp was.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 08 Nov 2018, 10:54

Deebank wrote:

No? Well Yomp was.

My post was more than just the tory comment though, or are you exercising the BCB lefty right to only read the bit that lets you get the most virtue signalling in. Try reading the whole post. It won't hurt.
You don't like me...do you?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Nov 2018, 10:55

'oh bee' wrote:If you're a regular here, having a sense of humour is more important than ever, but at the same time it's less evident in the regulars than it ever was.

When you rediscover yours John, let us know.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 08 Nov 2018, 10:56

Diamond Dog wrote:
never/ever wrote:I think his taste is more secondary to Coan's dislike for him, just like this whole debate about musical taste is secondary to the reason this thread exists; singling out some people Coan actively dislikes and add a few just for good measure to cover his steps. He uses Rother's musical taste the same way he bullied Kal off the board by harping on that he was bald.

At least someone else gets it and isn't scared to mention it.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 08 Nov 2018, 11:00

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:

No? Well Yomp was.

My post was more than just the tory comment though, or are you exercising the BCB lefty right to only read the bit that lets you get the most virtue signalling in. Try reading the whole post. It won't hurt.

On the whole I agree with the rest of your post - what little of the 'new prog' stuff that Rother posts I have bothered to listen to hasn't exactly lit me up, but fair play to him for ploughing his own furrow.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 08 Nov 2018, 13:40

'oh bee' wrote:
:lol:

If you're a regular here, having a sense of humour is more important than ever, but at the same time it's less evident in the regulars than it ever was.

What you consider humour is just plain and simply being nasty.
It's some sort of relief for you and your cohorts to stir shit simply because you get some kind of reaction your tepid music threads lack.
After all, everyone here loves a good car crash and you are more than happy to be the lead driver in them. And that all will keep on happening because you know you will always get away with it.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 08 Nov 2018, 14:09

never/ever wrote:What you consider humour is just plain and simply being nasty.
It's some sort of relief for you and your cohorts to stir shit simply because you get some kind of reaction your tepid music threads lack.

I wonder whether we have a cultural divide at work here: teasing, glummery and slagging/slating have been a significant part of British humour throughout my lifetime, and, whether I find them funny or not (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't: sometimes I laugh, sometimes I wince) I never read any of JC's posts (or, come to that, those of Goatie, yompie, Moddie, skopie, and whatever the Sage of Blandford Forum is calling himself these days) as being purely nasty, because, unlike occasional posts by some of the other Brits (never get this from the Americans, now that Gav has disappeared) there is always a degree of wit and give and take involved in the insults. But I accept that is just my opinion :) .

(oh, and a cohort is a group of like-minded or otherwise related people, not an individual)
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 08 Nov 2018, 14:26

It's not a matter of opinion, really, when you're looking at someone's intention.

Most of the time, along with those others you mention, I want to provoke and to amuse, rather than to upset or to hurt - so never/ever's interpretation of my behaviour is incorrect, plain and simple. I'll admit there's sometimes a fine line. But he's long since made his mind up that I'm here to piss people off, to cause trouble. Battle lines were drawn long ago.

But we've been over this soooo many times now.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Nov 2018, 14:33

Yeah but you obviously PMd Rayge asking him to say that though, DIDN'T YOU MR JOHN COAN? :x
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 08 Nov 2018, 14:43

Actually I PMd never/ever to say some nasty things about me so I can keep up my KOOL BULLY BOY facade 8-)

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Nov 2018, 14:51

You evil BCB genius!

What webs you spin John Coan

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 08 Nov 2018, 14:54

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 08 Nov 2018, 14:56

He's not an evil genius he's A TWAT

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 08 Nov 2018, 15:02

Why's this thread all about Coan, when it was doing so well being all about me and my awesome music taste?
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 08 Nov 2018, 15:04

BYE!

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Nov 2018, 15:05

Toby wrote:He's not an evil genius he's A TWAT

Can't he be both???? :?: :?: :?:

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 08 Nov 2018, 16:27

Anyway there should be some female posters on the list. They have some terrible taste!

Return to “Nextdoorland”