So who do you think it is?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

So who do you think has NDAs in their DNA?

Ashley
1
14%
Branson
1
14%
Green
5
71%
Sorrell
0
No votes
Sugar
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 7

caramba
Posts: 390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby caramba » 26 Oct 2018, 08:28

The Modernist wrote:
caramba wrote:
Toby wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bit knife in the back stuff. Green has always been disliked by certain sections of the establishment for being a bit vulgar and ostentatious.


Not to mention the fact he misappropriated all that money from the BHS pension fund


:lol: Exactly. There's a bit more to it than simply snobbery towards the nouveau riche!



If only his ancestors had stolen all the money 200 years ago, he'd be alright.

Looking at the options I posted yesterday, it would be hard to find five more ghastly people.

If you were stuck in a lifeboat with that bunch, you'd be better off jumping overboard and taking your chances with the sharks

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35497
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby yomptepi » 27 Oct 2018, 08:21

BBC

"Sir Philip Green has said it was "outrageous" for Lord Hain to name him as the man who prevented the Telegraph publishing allegations of sexual and racial harassment.

He said the Labour peer also failed to disclose his financial links to the law firm representing the newspaper."

I am sure we would have heard a lot more from the Corbynites had he been a Conservative peer. It must be hard to have socialist principals when you make your money robbing pension funds and then hiding it under your wife's skirts in Monaco.He is probably best mates with Thornberry. Good to see the Labour party has standards.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12655
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby The Modernist » 27 Oct 2018, 09:25

yomptepi wrote:BBC

"Sir Philip Green has said it was "outrageous" for Lord Hain to name him as the man who prevented the Telegraph publishing allegations of sexual and racial harassment.

He said the Labour peer also failed to disclose his financial links to the law firm representing the newspaper."

I am sure we would have heard a lot more from the Corbynites had he been a Conservative peer. It must be hard to have socialist principals when you make your money robbing pension funds and then hiding it under your wife's skirts in Monaco.He is probably best mates with Thornberry. Good to see the Labour party has standards.


It was a Labour peer who unveiled him. And yet you manage to spin that into Labour protecting him? You have quite a talent for dissembling, you really should work for Tory HQ.

User avatar
andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"
Posts: 29982
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:26
Location: MacAndys Farm

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby andymacandy » 27 Oct 2018, 09:46

The Modernist wrote:
yomptepi wrote:BBC

"Sir Philip Green has said it was "outrageous" for Lord Hain to name him as the man who prevented the Telegraph publishing allegations of sexual and racial harassment.

He said the Labour peer also failed to disclose his financial links to the law firm representing the newspaper."

I am sure we would have heard a lot more from the Corbynites had he been a Conservative peer. It must be hard to have socialist principals when you make your money robbing pension funds and then hiding it under your wife's skirts in Monaco.He is probably best mates with Thornberry. Good to see the Labour party has standards.


It was a Labour peer who unveiled him. And yet you manage to spin that into Labour protecting him? You have quite a talent for dissembling, you really should work for Tory HQ.

I dont think that is what Mike is saying. For all that Green is a reprehensible shit, Hain has gone against the judiciary and decided to expose him. Even Green has the right to a court appearance.What if he is innocent, and how does Hain know that he isn't?
I dont think its neccessarily political, although a Labour peer has exposed an arch capitalist, but I dont think its right.
Bless the weather.......Image

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35497
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby yomptepi » 27 Oct 2018, 10:13

The Modernist wrote:
yomptepi wrote:BBC

"Sir Philip Green has said it was "outrageous" for Lord Hain to name him as the man who prevented the Telegraph publishing allegations of sexual and racial harassment.

He said the Labour peer also failed to disclose his financial links to the law firm representing the newspaper."

I am sure we would have heard a lot more from the Corbynites had he been a Conservative peer. It must be hard to have socialist principals when you make your money robbing pension funds and then hiding it under your wife's skirts in Monaco.He is probably best mates with Thornberry. Good to see the Labour party has standards.


It was a Labour peer who unveiled him. And yet you manage to spin that into Labour protecting him? You have quite a talent for dissembling, you really should work for Tory HQ.


And you have quite a talent for making excuses for hypocrites and liars. Typical Corbynite.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10320
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: still at Red Hen restaurant

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby Samoan » 27 Oct 2018, 10:29

When people use highly emotional words like "outrageous", it tells me something about them.
He might as well put out a banner saying "Yes, I done what they said I did."

If you're innocent, make a measured, calm verbal response.
Nikki Gradual wrote: Santana is just lift music really, isn’t it ?

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45203
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby The Prof » 27 Oct 2018, 11:03

andymacandy wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
yomptepi wrote:BBC

"Sir Philip Green has said it was "outrageous" for Lord Hain to name him as the man who prevented the Telegraph publishing allegations of sexual and racial harassment.

He said the Labour peer also failed to disclose his financial links to the law firm representing the newspaper."

I am sure we would have heard a lot more from the Corbynites had he been a Conservative peer. It must be hard to have socialist principals when you make your money robbing pension funds and then hiding it under your wife's skirts in Monaco.He is probably best mates with Thornberry. Good to see the Labour party has standards.


It was a Labour peer who unveiled him. And yet you manage to spin that into Labour protecting him? You have quite a talent for dissembling, you really should work for Tory HQ.

I dont think that is what Mike is saying. For all that Green is a reprehensible shit, Hain has gone against the judiciary and decided to expose him. Even Green has the right to a court appearance.What if he is innocent, and how does Hain know that he isn't?
I dont think its neccessarily political, although a Labour peer has exposed an arch capitalist, but I dont think its right.



Parliamentary privilege isn't it.

You can say *some* things in the House of Commons or Lords without fear of legal redress.

You can unveil items covered by the Official Secrets Act but can't call another MP a liar.

User avatar
andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"
Posts: 29982
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:26
Location: MacAndys Farm

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby andymacandy » 27 Oct 2018, 11:21

The Prof wrote:

Parliamentary privilege isn't it.

You can say *some* things in the House of Commons or Lords without fear of legal redress.

You can unveil items covered by the Official Secrets Act but can't call another MP a liar.

Oh, I know what it is John. Three notionally impartial judges decided he could keep his name out of the press, but Hain decided it was in the public interest. Green can probably now claim that he wont get a fair trial, if he ever gets one at all, and the slimey reptile will probably get away with it.
Let judges judge-they tend to have a better idea of the law than politicians.
Bless the weather.......Image

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45203
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby The Prof » 27 Oct 2018, 11:49

I've not been following this closely but I didn't realise he was on trial.

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45203
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby The Prof » 27 Oct 2018, 11:51

Is he on trial?

He's facing "allegations of sexual harassment and bullying", but in court?

User avatar
andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"
Posts: 29982
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:26
Location: MacAndys Farm

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby andymacandy » 27 Oct 2018, 12:22

The Prof wrote:Is he on trial?

He's facing "allegations of sexual harassment and bullying", but in court?

Don't these thing usually end up in court?
Isnt that why the names are usually released, to bring forward more witnesses or victims?
And if they are false, then usually there would be a defamation hearing.But thats not going to happen in this case, is it.

I dont like Green at all, but I dont think this has served justice in any way.
Bless the weather.......Image

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45203
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby The Prof » 27 Oct 2018, 13:00

You think it's OK for rich people to buy the silence of victims?

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12655
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby The Modernist » 27 Oct 2018, 14:10

andymacandy wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
It was a Labour peer who unveiled him. And yet you manage to spin that into Labour protecting him? You have quite a talent for dissembling, you really should work for Tory HQ.

I dont think that is what Mike is saying. For all that Green is a reprehensible shit, Hain has gone against the judiciary and decided to expose him. Even Green has the right to a court appearance.What if he is innocent, and how does Hain know that he isn't?
I dont think its neccessarily political, although a Labour peer has exposed an arch capitalist, but I dont think its right.


I think that's exactly what he's saying. He's inferring that Labour protected Green as one of their own.
Whether it is right to use parliamentary privilege to publicly reveal is another debate and not something Yomp talked about in his post..and that was what I was responding to.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35497
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby yomptepi » 27 Oct 2018, 15:21

The Modernist wrote:
andymacandy wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
It was a Labour peer who unveiled him. And yet you manage to spin that into Labour protecting him? You have quite a talent for dissembling, you really should work for Tory HQ.

I dont think that is what Mike is saying. For all that Green is a reprehensible shit, Hain has gone against the judiciary and decided to expose him. Even Green has the right to a court appearance.What if he is innocent, and how does Hain know that he isn't?
I dont think its neccessarily political, although a Labour peer has exposed an arch capitalist, but I dont think its right.


I think that's exactly what he's saying. He's inferring that Labour protected Green as one of their own.
Whether it is right to use parliamentary privilege to publicly reveal is another debate and not something Yomp talked about in his post..and that was what I was responding to.


That isn't what I am saying at all. I am just pointing out that had Green been a tory, there would have been calls for him to be hanged, drawn and quartered. Because he has an affiliation, ( and I am sure it is a financially healthy affiliation for the labour party) to the Labour party, he has been spared the hysterical cod outrage reserved for his tory peers ( sic). I don' think he has been protected, but I think people like you are less likely to go to town of his horrible arse because he is a fellow lefty. Great company you keep by the way...
You don't like me...do you?

caramba
Posts: 390
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby caramba » 27 Oct 2018, 15:24

andymacandy wrote:
The Prof wrote:

Parliamentary privilege isn't it.

You can say *some* things in the House of Commons or Lords without fear of legal redress.

You can unveil items covered by the Official Secrets Act but can't call another MP a liar.

Oh, I know what it is John. Three notionally impartial judges decided he could keep his name out of the press, but Hain decided it was in the public interest. Green can probably now claim that he wont get a fair trial, if he ever gets one at all, and the slimey reptile will probably get away with it.
Let judges judge-they tend to have a better idea of the law than politicians.


Fair enough, A. But why should Green (or any other obscenely rich person) be able to secure his privacy via means of a super injunction not available to the likes of you or I?

While Green probably will be able to dodge a trial as a result of Hain's outing him, the fall out from this latest scandal will be another blow for his already fast declining retail "empire"

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35497
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby yomptepi » 27 Oct 2018, 18:13

The Prof wrote:You think it's OK for rich people to buy the silence of victims?


Do you think it is OK for Labour party members to rob people's pensions and avoid tax?

How do you think the law works?
If you get a speeding ticket, can you afford that lawyer who gets all the rich people off with a slap on the wrist?
The law works in the same way accountancy works. You get what you pay for. Anyone would think you thought there was still such a thing as Justice. Blair and his witch wife put an end to that 20 years ago.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 12655
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby The Modernist » 27 Oct 2018, 18:42

yomptepi wrote:
That isn't what I am saying at all. I am just pointing out that had Green been a tory, there would have been calls for him to be hanged, drawn and quartered. Because he has an affiliation, ( and I am sure it is a financially healthy affiliation for the labour party) to the Labour party, he has been spared the hysterical cod outrage reserved for his tory peers ( sic). I don' think he has been protected, but I think people like you are less likely to go to town of his horrible arse because he is a fellow lefty. Great company you keep by the way...


Your usual hot air: long on bile, pitifully short on facts. In your fantasy world you might like to pretend he is being protected by Labour mps or they're going light on him or whatever. However back in the real world, there is no evidence for anything you've said. The fact is he was unveiled by a Labour peer Peter Hain and the earlier investigation into his financial misdealings was pursued and led by a Labour ( now independent) MP Frank Field.
I expect this will be met by more hysterical rhetoric, but I'm not interested in talking about your fevered fantasies.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20720
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby Jeemo » 27 Oct 2018, 18:43

Where's the Labour tag coming from. I thought he was a supporter of Cameron and Osborne's austerity plan.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45203
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby The Prof » 27 Oct 2018, 19:08

yomptepi wrote:
The Prof wrote:You think it's OK for rich people to buy the silence of victims?


Do you think it is OK for Labour party members to rob people's pensions and avoid tax?

How do you think the law works?
If you get a speeding ticket, can you afford that lawyer who gets all the rich people off with a slap on the wrist?
The law works in the same way accountancy works. You get what you pay for. Anyone would think you thought there was still such a thing as Justice. Blair and his witch wife put an end to that 20 years ago.



Eh?

You seem to be arguing with me by expanding on the point I was making. :?

and then just adding Tony Blair in like you usually do. :roll:

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35497
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: So who do you think it is?

Postby yomptepi » 27 Oct 2018, 19:25

The Prof wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
The Prof wrote:You think it's OK for rich people to buy the silence of victims?


Do you think it is OK for Labour party members to rob people's pensions and avoid tax?

How do you think the law works?
If you get a speeding ticket, can you afford that lawyer who gets all the rich people off with a slap on the wrist?
The law works in the same way accountancy works. You get what you pay for. Anyone would think you thought there was still such a thing as Justice. Blair and his witch wife put an end to that 20 years ago.



Eh?

You seem to be arguing with me by expanding on the point I was making. :?

and then just adding Tony Blair in like you usually do. :roll:


Isn't that how political debate works. Bluster + hot air x mis information = Tony Blair.

You asked "You think it's OK for rich people to buy the silence of victims?"

The answer is Yes. It is OK as long as they are rich enough. Do I approve, no. But who cares what I think?
You don't like me...do you?