What’s going on BCB?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: What’s going on BCB?

Postby Lord Rother » 26 Oct 2018, 15:01

The Prof wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So... another good poster hounded off the board by the usual bunch of inadequates. I wonder what the moderators ARE going to do about it?

Nothing, you say?

Of course.

:lol:

Embarrassing really.

Gee thanks.

Ever thought of reporting their contemptible behaviour to the board’s owner with a suggestion...?

I mean Jeez, in this day and age this bullying shite really should not be tolerated and surely, if it is, it could mean the owner would be in a slightly delicate situation if ever reported to the authorities.

Nobody knows the true mental state of anyone else on this board but (and I truly hope no-one would laugh at this suggestion) that sort of harassment can actually lead to suicidal thoughts.

We all KNOW this is real, and yet 2 deeply unpleasant characters are allowed to carry on doing their stuff completely untouched (it seems).

It beggars belief, it really does.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 26 Oct 2018, 15:04

Lord Rother wrote:
I mean Jeez, in this day and age this bullying shite really should not be tolerated and surely, if it is, it could mean the owner would be in a slightly delicate situation if ever reported to the authorities.

You'd have thrived under the Stasi. You'd have just loved doing your patriotic duty I'm sure.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 26 Oct 2018, 15:24

Lord Rother wrote:Ever thought of reporting their contemptible behaviour to the board’s owner with a suggestion...?

Nobody knows the true mental state of anyone else on this board but (and I truly hope no-one would laugh at this suggestion) that sort of harassment can actually lead to suicidal thoughts.

We all KNOW this is real, and yet 2 deeply unpleasant characters are allowed to carry on doing their stuff completely untouched (it seems).

Paul is well aware of what goes on on the board.
Coan had been asked to refrain and has removed K's work profile picture.
Kal has been persuaded not to have his account deleted along with all his posts but just take some time away.

Admin are not the police so I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 26 Oct 2018, 15:30

The Modernist wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:

You'd have thrived under the Stasi. You'd have just loved doing your patriotic duty I'm sure.

You can tell just by his profile pic he has that authoritarian air about him.

Grassing up his mates so he can slide up the greasy pole.

Terrible fella
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Earl E. Eel
hounds people off the board

Postby Earl E. Eel » 26 Oct 2018, 15:48

He sent me a PM the other day calling me an 'enemy of the State' :o
yomptepi wrote:Who in their right minds would voluntarily go to Wales?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 26 Oct 2018, 16:18

space. invadere wrote:He sent me a PM the other day calling me an 'enemy of the State' :o

You will be first up against that BCB wall when the revolution comes.

Very few of us will be safe if what I have read on this thread is anything to go by.

:|
You don't like me...do you?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Oct 2018, 16:26

If I may, I'd say a fitting punishment would be to tie Coan to a chair and make him listen to BOC's Godzilla, over and over again until he wets himself and cries like a baby.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 26 Oct 2018, 16:29

The Prof wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Ever thought of reporting their contemptible behaviour to the board’s owner with a suggestion...?

Paul is well aware of what goes on on the board.
Coan had been asked to refrain and has removed K's work profile picture.
Kal has been persuaded not to have his account deleted along with all his posts but just take some time away.

Admin are not the police so I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you.

More than good enough. Very diplomatic. I am sure no one here really wants to have anyone leave.
You don't like me...do you?

Earl E. Eel

Postby Earl E. Eel » 26 Oct 2018, 16:31

sloopjohnc wrote:If I may, I'd say a fitting punishment would be to tie Coan to a chair and make him listen to BOC's Godzilla, over and over again until he wets himself and cries like a baby.

I'm already doing that as penance for my latest hounding :(

gash’s trollish obsession
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby gash’s trollish obsession » 26 Oct 2018, 16:32

Goat Boy wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:

You can tell just by his profile pic he has that authoritarian air about him.

Grassing up his mates so he can slide up the greasy pole.

Terrible fella

He looks like an ex-copper.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Oct 2018, 16:38

BCB can be combative, but many of the insults are not meant to be anything other than playful taunts. BCB has been good for me in so many ways, especially the high level of articulacy here makes one try harder, plus you really learn to argue your case. I have developed a thick skin and am inured to empty epithets like "twat", but in the very early days I could sometimes be so distressed that I'd have to take a prescription benzo.
1966 and all that

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Oct 2018, 16:45

GoogaMooga wrote:BCB can be combative, but many of the insults are not meant to be anything other than playful taunts. BCB has been good for me in so many ways, especially the high level of articulacy here makes one try harder, plus you really learn to argue your case. I have developed a thick skin and am inured to empty epithets like "twat", but in the very early days I could sometimes be so distressed that I'd have to take a prescription benzo.

And then there's John Coan, using cheap props like a bald wig and monkey faces to get laughs.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 26 Oct 2018, 17:20

You guys make me hoot, you really do.

Are you really all so naive that you don’t get the damage that bullying online can do to vulnerable people? And do you not realise that you actually don’t know who the vulnerable ones are?

That said, I do appreciate the update given - but seriously, Coan has been asked to rein it in a bit has he?

Big ouch. That’ll work a treat I’m sure.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 26 Oct 2018, 17:33

Terrible fella, Stasi. Ex copper etc.

I’m loving the theme.

But seriously, I just have a working sense of right and wrong, that’s all. I know I am not unique on here in that regard but I just can’t fathom how it has come to the point where 2 guys are allowed to do what the hell they like for lengthy periods. It is ridiculous.

And yes Googa, of course a good deal of the taunting and insults are nothing much more than teasing and in jest but it is not that stuff that is being questioned here. It’s the nasty and personal stuff we are talking about.

They don’t bother trying to rile me anymore because it’s pretty clear I have a skin they will struggle to penetrate so I am not a suitable target.

I’ve said it before - they are not right in the head.

Sad thing is they probably even know it themselves but can’t stop.

Oh well, who gives a fuck - I’m only here for the prog anyway.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 26 Oct 2018, 18:04

PENK wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So... another good poster hounded off the board by the usual bunch of inadequates. I wonder what the moderators ARE going to do about it?

Nothing, you say?

Of course.

Embarrassing really.

Not really. We don’t have moderators. We have admins. Their job isn’t to police the board.

And I really don't know how many bloody times I have to say it.

Admins are pretty much there to do the thankless, tedious job of holding the (numerous) spammers at bay.

The idea that any of us should "do something" about tedious schoolyard name-calling is preposterous. And while I'm not taking sides on this particular bout of BCB gazing at its own navel, I will point out that K was another person that needed to be constantly reminded of what we actually do with our (volunteer) time.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 26 Oct 2018, 18:19

What Hatz said.

Talking of Spammers, anyone want a professionally produced fake Belarus passport?

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 26 Oct 2018, 18:41

space. invadere wrote:He sent me a PM the other day calling me an 'enemy of the State' :o

Yeah, but the state is Wyoming, so don't worry about it.

"Quite."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Oct 2018, 18:43

toomanyhatz wrote:
PENK wrote:

Nothing, you say?

Of course.

Embarrassing really.

Not really. We don’t have moderators. We have admins. Their job isn’t to police the board.

And I really don't know how many bloody times I have to say it.

Admins are pretty much there to do the thankless, tedious job of holding the (numerous) spammers at bay.

The idea that any of us should "do something" about tedious schoolyard name-calling is preposterous. And while I'm not taking sides on this particular bout of BCB gazing at its own navel, I will point out that K was another person that needed to be constantly reminded of what we actually do with our (volunteer) time.

You're a butthead.

Earl E. Eel

Postby Earl E. Eel » 26 Oct 2018, 18:45

zoomboogity wrote:

Yeah, but the state is Wyoming, so don't worry about it.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 26 Oct 2018, 19:27

yomptepi wrote:I am sure no one here really wants to have anyone leave.

Speak for yourself. Most of us would love it if Footy would bugger off.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.