Robert wrote:Toby wrote:Only two people get a fellowship at All Souls.
Here are the questions
1. Is ignorance bliss?
2. Are there too many books?
3. Defend tweeting
4. Does Google know us better than we do?
5. Are Old Masters overrated?
6. Would you rather be a Vampire or a Zombie?
7. Are there topics one should not joke about?
8.Music came to a stop with Brahms (Wittgenstein). Discuss.
9. What, if any, are the advantages of binge-watching?
10. How should we close the gender pay gap?
11. Should sugar be taxed?
12. Is Classics racist?
13. Did the Englightement happen?
14. Is Tourism a necessary evil?
15. Is it time to give up the Nobel Peace Prize?
There are no answers to any of these questions. They are merely invitations to eloquently express a point of view.
Indeed, that's not hard - It might be hard to satisfy the examiners perhasp but anyone could have a go.
You couldn't say the same about a paper covering differential calculus (the hardest thing I can think of ) though for example.