CRUFTS

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
SUMPTUOUS SI
hounds people off the board

CRUFTS

Postby SUMPTUOUS SI » 04 Oct 2018, 22:24

ImageImage

These contests should have no place in our future. Many believe an event that prioritizes beauty and overlooks the intelligence, accomplishments, and competence of its candidates is unfair at least.

The notion that these pageants are anything more than an opportunity to ogle hounds and pit them against each has long been debunked. Despite long-standing claims that Crufts is a major source of scholarships for young pups, the truth is that they offer only a fraction of the money that they claim they do. Dogs who participate are also much more likely to spend money than make money on the endeavour – the cost of grooming, training, entrance fees and more are the responsibility of the owners alone.

Despite the progress dogs have made over the years, there are still plenty of reminders of how far we still have to go.
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: CRUFTS

Postby The Modernist » 04 Oct 2018, 22:31

But you have to look at the alternative John. For many dogs it's a way out of the ghetto. Would you rather they commit crime?

SUMPTUOUS SI

Postby SUMPTUOUS SI » 04 Oct 2018, 22:41

For some people their appearance in such a charade IS a crime, G
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Oct 2018, 22:47

I think you're a little against aspiration, no?

We have to recognise the progress that has been made. Being a dachshund today is a very different thing to thirty years ago.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Oct 2018, 23:01

Toby wrote:I've been reading Heracles' history of the modern state which has some illuminating insights into this question. He makes the point that dog shows are an essential part of the social fabric which aid and pacify the process of civic society. It is worth remembering that the 100 years war happened during a part of British history when there were no dog shows.
Of course some may point to other countries, such as Rwanda or Libya, where there are no dog shows, but one has to note their histories of internecine conflict. While they may not be to everyone's taste, I would conclude the maintenance of such a tradition is a worthwhile and necessary bulwark against the bloodshed and tyranny we might otherwise face.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 04 Oct 2018, 23:10

The Modernist wrote:
Toby wrote:I've been reading Heracles' history of the modern state which has some illuminating insights into this question. He makes the point that dog shows are an essential part of the social fabric which aid and pacify the process of civic society. It is worth remembering that the 100 years war happened during a part of British history when there were no dog shows.
Of course some may point to other countries, such as Rwanda or Libya, where there are no dog shows, but one has to note their histories of internecine conflict. While they may not be to everyone's taste, I would conclude the maintenance of such a tradition is a worthwhile and necessary bulwark against the bloodshed and tyranny we might otherwise face.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Stalky the Paranoid Pooch

Postby Stalky the Paranoid Pooch » 04 Oct 2018, 23:12

This post gets my piss of approval.
More Doggo-lumps upfront now, or we're going to make you fetch your own fucking sticks
K wrote: I must be deficient in the love hormone.

SUMPTUOUS SI

Postby SUMPTUOUS SI » 04 Oct 2018, 23:22

:D

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 05 Oct 2018, 07:48

Judging dogs? Pah!
Save your ire for rabbit showjumping which seems to be big in Sweden....

Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 05 Oct 2018, 08:09

Moddy is a genius!!
The Happy Mondays were disqualified from a special edition of the BBC’s Bargain Hunt after Bez broke the show’s rules by artificially inflating prices, handing victory to Pulp.

caramba

Postby caramba » 05 Oct 2018, 09:27

On the plus side, shows like Crufts are probably the only places on earth where you'll find more sons of bitches than on a good day at BCB.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 05 Oct 2018, 09:37

Joking aside though, does anyone find the spectacle of Crufts slightly erotic?
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

wannabee enfant terrible
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby wannabee enfant terrible » 05 Oct 2018, 10:23

The Clare Balding Effect
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 05 Oct 2018, 13:57

wannabee enfant terrible wrote:The Clare Balding Effect

She is quite masterful. I like that.

But it’s the finely turned-out dogs that I like.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

TG

Postby TG » 05 Oct 2018, 14:20

Dogs? DOGS??? We call then Canine-Americans.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Oct 2018, 17:47

Fonz wrote:Joking aside though, does anyone find the spectacle of Crufts slightly erotic?

:?