Secret Santa 2018 - Sign up time!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

This means this thread won't die.

a) Fuck you grim reaper
100%
b) Secret Santa threads should live forever.
No votes

Total votes: 1

Jumper K

Re: Secret Santa 2018 - Sign up time!

Postby Jumper K » 26 Dec 2018, 08:42

My Japanese SS really went overt the top! A great festival t-shirt and a Fuji Rock bag. A cd that I’m going to play in the car on the way to work today. And a massive selection of Japanese candy. Awesome! thanks SS.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 26 Dec 2018, 08:51

Jumper K wrote:My Japanese SS really went overt the top! A great festival t-shirt and a Fuji Rock bag. A cd that I’m going to play in the car on the way to work today. And a massive selection of Japanese candy. Awesome! thanks SS.

So glad you like it! The Fuji Rock t-shirt is from the roots rock stage "Fields of Heaven". And a warning that the CDs are MP3 files, not proper CDs.
Question authority.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 26 Dec 2018, 12:13

Jimbo wrote:
Jumper K wrote:My Japanese SS really went overt the top! A great festival t-shirt and a Fuji Rock bag. A cd that I’m going to play in the car on the way to work today. And a massive selection of Japanese candy. Awesome! thanks SS.

So glad you like it! The Fuji Rock t-shirt is from the roots rock stage "Fields of Heaven". And a warning that the CDs are MP3 files, not proper CDs.

Thanks Jim. My car cd plays mp3. Have a great new year!

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 27 Dec 2018, 22:14

what a wonderful and generous not-so-secret santa!

the loot: a beatles coffee mug (reap can't have it)... somis nut house box of saltwater taffy (sigh, mine), cocoa and hot sauce (reap grabbed em both, but i will partake of the good and evil sauce)... a nut house tee shirt (reap stole it, so fitting for him)... two xmas cds, one home-made (i have four of those tracks on my own holiday play list, mwhaha, but yer mix is much more varied than mine) one traditional... a festive mardi party comp... and vincebus eruptum (yep, reap absconded with it). five cats on my card. i have five cats, fyi.

so sweet and thoughtful. you move us. *sniffle*

(and of course, thanks to pete for doing this happy thing.)

::smacksmacksmack::

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Dec 2018, 06:07

I'll do the full reveal on New Years Day - though most of you are aware of your SS, it seems!
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 29 Dec 2018, 11:47

Butch Manly wrote:

Nat is jealous. She loved all those Japanese sweets when Jimbo was my SS!

In the spirit of the times I might be persuaded to share them.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 30 Dec 2018, 22:42

Got such a grab bag of tweets from my SS (who is no more secret than I was to my recipient) that I'm worried I'll leave something out, but thanks for the jewelry (including some very cool Mardi Gras beads), the soft stuffed kitty (which Roscoe has adopted), the light up Xmas hat (NFL merchandise that lights up - I am now officially a Saints fan) and particularly the candies from Pizelle's -Alabama's finest confectioners, I've learned. Those were extremely lucky to have lasted 48 hours. Amazing, and in every flavor imaginable and some not. Particularly liked the PBJ and ginger ones, both coated in rich dark chocolate. Still drooling thinking about it. Thanks, SS. Fuquin excellent!!
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 05 Jan 2019, 07:57

I got a copy of 1001 Albums To Listen To Before You Die, which I thought I had, but turns out it was only the Songs and Beers books that I had. Thanks very much Matt! Especially considering the bitch that it would've been to post :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jan 2019, 08:42

Well as I'm sure you all worked out fairly quickly, for the first time ever this year I went with "Your Secret Santa is your Secret Santa". I've never done that before but, amazingly, it worked out well.

Martha <-> Harvey K Tel
Jimbo <-> Jumper K
Kath <-> Hatz
Fonz <-> Diamond Dog
Red Heifer <-> The Wright Profile
Griff <-> Minnie
Neige <-> Tom Waits For No One.

Some fabulous prezzies were sent and received by all. Let's hope we can keep this going next year (a few additions would be nice) as it really is one BCB tradition that makes us all glow that little bit more. And, no Jimbo, that's not a hint that someone was sending out uranium dressed up as Xmas pudding. :D
Cocaine

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Jan 2019, 12:32

Butch Manly wrote:First of all, sincere apologies to Anna and Mike for not getting my package to them before they left for Blighty a week ago. I did post it 10 days before they left but am mortified that it didnt arrive in time for them.

Now, to the thanks, again to Anna and Mike! I opened my package just before I left home a few days ago and they put a massive smile on my face! A copy of Nillson's The Point, which I have never heard, a copy of Michelle Alexander's The New Jim Crow and a truly Texan t-shirt! Many thanks, guys! Have a great Christmas and I hope you like your gifts when you get back home.

I’m so glad you liked the gifts! I opened yours last night and we were chuffed to mintballs - chocolate, gingerbread, Xmas tree stuff and a copy of Lost in music. Love it all! We scoffed the gingerbread immediately! Cheers Griff!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 05 Jan 2019, 23:33

Diamond Dog wrote:Well as I'm sure you all worked out fairly quickly, for the first time ever this year I went with "Your Secret Santa is your Secret Santa". I've never done that before but, amazingly, it worked out well.

Martha <-> Harvey K Tel
Jimbo <-> Jumper K
Kath <-> Hatz
Fonz <-> Diamond Dog
Red Heifer <-> The Wright Profile
Griff <-> Minnie
Neige <-> Tom Waits For No One.

Some fabulous prezzies were sent and received by all. Let's hope we can keep this going next year (a few additions would be nice) as it really is one BCB tradition that makes us all glow that little bit more. And, no Jimbo, that's not a hint that someone was sending out uranium dressed up as Xmas pudding. :D

Well, thanks a lot, Pete. My bunch of pressies (see previous post) were very well received- an amazing election of books, cds, a dvd, and nibbles! Having me as your Santa was a pretty brave move considering our last board interaction was...awkward... (something about food/diet)
I’m glad you paired us up- it gave me a chance to maybe put a smile on your face. The Zappa album was always a risk, but hopefully you’ve given it a try...and enjoyed it...
The 60’s antique book and ‘Concreteopia’ were inspired by what you’d posted on ‘Now Reading’ ( an appreciation of that post-war aesthetic). And the Bill Hicks book, well, he was just funny, and missed.

It was my first year doing SS, but I found myself really excited by the prospect of giving and receiving, and it raised my wife’s eyebrows when I opened my box on Christmas morning- she was impressed with your insight! And my dad was impressed with the Brill Building book!
So, again, cheers! And a happy New Year!
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jan 2019, 10:51

I've not tried the Zappa yet but I will.. just lots of new music etc... (new music I like....lol).
Thanks for your prezzie Guy - really nice and the books particularly will be read with glee.

That Brill Building book is one I send a copy of virtually every year - it's an absolutely delightful tome about the art/craft of songwriting - and the dynamics between the two personalities within the seven pairs of writers. The story of Hal David staying up overnight trying to find the elusive combination of words to fit the meter of one line of a song... that's inspirational, it really is.
Cocaine

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 22 Jan 2019, 15:26

Time to unsticky, I'm guessing

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Jan 2019, 15:28

Yeah and resticky random mundane thread!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 22 Jan 2019, 15:45

Minnie the Minx wrote:Yeah and resticky random mundane thread!

OBJECTION
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 22 Jan 2019, 15:56

Still Baron wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Yeah and resticky random mundane thread!

OBJECTION

Objection Denied!
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jan 2019, 02:13

The Prof wrote:Time to unsticky, I'm guessing

But what about the BCB Secret Valentine exchange? DD, you ready to organize that? ;)
Question authority.

Return to “Nextdoorland”