Bicycles

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
$P.Muff$

Re: Bicycles

Postby $P.Muff$ » 06 Oct 2018, 16:37

Butch Manly wrote:Where do you live?

MAGAland = rural southern US. Though I'm only about 10 miles from a liberal arts university town.

I called the bike shop a little after they opened this morning to see if they had a 56cm Checkpoint ALR 4 in stock, they did not. I then inquired if it was possible to set up an actual test ride on gravel, since that is what I predominently ride on. Negative. You can only test ride around the parking lot. So I told her I would seek a different option. There's no way I'm spending 2K on a gravel bike if I can't even test it on gravel.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 06 Oct 2018, 22:23

Pollution is responsible for around 40,000 deaths per year. The UK won't reach targets for air pollution until 2028. Eight authorities have been identified as having dangerously high levels of emissions.

But cyclists ridng "5 abreast" us the issue.
The Happy Mondays were disqualified from a special edition of the BBC’s Bargain Hunt after Bez broke the show’s rules by artificially inflating prices, handing victory to Pulp.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 10 Oct 2018, 01:56

Just ordered these aluminum flats with adjustable traction pins:

Would have gladly bought them directly from the supposed best bike shop in the state if they didn't suck. Shit attitude and shit selection.

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 15 Oct 2018, 10:13

Very pleased with my new pedals. The traction is so much better than the cheap resin Wellgo ones that came stock. And they look sharp. Next I'm gonna get a Brooks saddle - still trying to decide which one I want, though. Kind of a toss up between the B15 Swallow and a sprung Flyer at the moment. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy what I have and continue reading up on cool ass gravel bikes such as this:

https://jguillem.com/bike/atalaya-gravel

I've never ridden a titanium frame bike.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 15 Oct 2018, 13:18

British YouTuber Chris Broad (Abroad In Japan) is now on day three (or four) of his cycling "Journey Across Japan." Broad is a funny guy and all his videos are worthy. Posted below is his day before his journey video.

Gadfly