Happy birthday, Martha.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Happy birthday, Martha.

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Sep 2018, 16:34

Happy birthday, Martha.

Looks like the move has gone well for you guys.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Sneelock

Re: Happy birthday, Martha.

Postby Sneelock » 24 Sep 2018, 16:35

Happy Birthday!
scan not a friend with a microscopic glass

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Sep 2018, 17:10

Happy Birthday dear, dear Martha.

As kath would say - ::smack::

Six String

Postby Six String » 24 Sep 2018, 20:02

Happy Birthday Ms M. Hope your move has gone well.

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Sep 2018, 01:46

Happy Birthday!
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 25 Sep 2018, 08:15

Happy birthday, Marth, and many happy returns!
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 25 Sep 2018, 14:12

Happy fuckin' Birthday, Martha!!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Sep 2018, 14:37

Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday, Martha
Nikki Gradual wrote: Santana is just lift music really, isn’t it ?

watts

Postby watts » 04 Oct 2018, 22:55

Thanks everyone! Smack back at ya. I had a nice birthday, took a big nap and had some home cooked food with the family and some store bought cake. Both were delicious. I could not blow out my candle due to my breathing and asthma issues, but I was crying/laughing about it and somehow it finally went out when I laughed or snorted or something, so hey -- may my wish come true! My kid found this hysterical for some reason and just kept laughing "you're so old!" and man do I feel it these days.

48! Woo. Almost there. If I make it to 55 I will beat my mom's and grandpa's record. I found a gray hair recently (my first) and was very excited!

The move went well. We are adjusting to life in Boston. I can't find good mexican food, but that has been true nearly everywhere I've lived outside of San Diego county. I can however find excellent Russian food, Turkish food, Thai food and Punjab food, so I am coping without good Mexican food for a bit. I will probably start looking for work after christmas right now I'm still unpacking and focusing my attention on getting the kid the study skills and time management organizational skills she needs to succeed in a much more competitive academic world. She's getting straight A's. Very proud of her for that. The kid is doing great at school academically and slowly making some friends. She loves the clubs. She has joined Fencing, LARP (live action role play), Anime, Drawing Manga and the Film Club as well as her usual academic clubs (Mathletes, Debate, Mock Trial, Mock UN, Literature Club). She auditioned for the Chamber Orchestra and made it in (albeit as a second violinist), so she's excited about that. The husband likes the new job and has friends here in town from his previous jobs and his high school days at Bellarmine. I am overwhelmed by relief to be out of Montana in some ways (culturally and politically) but I miss my friends back there and I'm pretty isolated here, especially owing to health issues that make me sort of a shut in these days, but I'm happy and loved and that's the key things in life. Once we get the house unpacked and I can start doing board game parties and movie nights again that will abate.

The hardest thing for me about Boston is the lack of accessible parking as I am being stubborn about getting a handicapped permit but I also really can't walk very far. But other than that and some enormous house centipedes and the crazy roads here, we love it in Boston.

The best things about Boston so far are the cultural amenities and activities, the food and diversity and the school system. Everyone we meet is really nice. And driving around with Montana plates on my car has led to a lot of pleasant exchanges. Its very different than having California Plates in Oregon and Montana was.... lol. People find Montana a bit of a curiosity, which you know, it is.
Last edited by watts on 06 Oct 2018, 04:21, edited 2 times in total.
--m

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 05 Oct 2018, 03:45

A little late on the uptake here, but happy birthday!

"Quite."

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Oct 2018, 00:03

Sounds like everything is worked ng out Martha and glad to hear it. Boston sounds fab and your daughter sounds like she is really blossoming into a wonderful young lady.