I hear there has been a Genocide in Myanmar

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Re: I hear there has been a Genocide in Myanmar

Postby Butch Manly » 09 Sep 2018, 18:53

Horrendous.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Sep 2018, 00:26

It's a tough story to buy because of how at odds it is with Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi running the country.
Gadfly

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Sep 2018, 01:32

Jimbo wrote:It's a tough story to buy because of how at odds it is with Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi running the country.

She caved to the same army that kept her locked up for so long. Looks like she was a good opponent but nor much good as a figure head because that is all she was allowed to be in the final analysis.

Well played the generals.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Sep 2018, 15:18

I had heard some contrary/alternative reports about the Rohingya/Myanmar situation a while back but I couldn't really follow the story except that it went against the prevailing narrative and prompted me to keep an open mind when other reports appeared. So when you posted this with articles backed up by the Guardian I suspected that something in the story might be amiss(ing). So I starting by Googling "CIA Rohingya" and I came upon that alternative report. (video below) According to this guy. Gearoid O Colmain, http://www.gearoidocolmain.org/ it is! According to him we are not being told the other sides of the story. He likens the situation there to Syria where western/Saudi sponsored Islamic terror groups do the killing, raping, beheading and village burning and then blame it on the government like the moderate rebels (Al Qaida) do in Syria. And that is why I think the Guardian articles are bullshit-ish. They fail to mention the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army which attacked and killed Burmese soldiers and Buddhist civilians. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arakan_Ro ... ation_Army Had the Guardian mentioned them as a possible spark for Burmese military heavy handedness I'd buy the story. The innocents caught in this mess deserve help but now I am prone to think this is another op done by our side in the name of geopolitics. When will we see boots on the ground in Myanmar?

Video https://www.ukcolumn.org/ukcolumn-news/ ... ember-2017
Gadfly

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Sep 2018, 16:55

Jimbo wrote:So I starting by Googling "CIA Rohingya" and I came upon that alternative report.

:roll:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D