24%
No
52%

Total votes: 29

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Bald?

Postby Jimbo » 07 Sep 2018, 15:39

I tend to notice other foreigners here, usually tourists, especially white or black ones. There are loads of Chinese and other Asian visitors but they look Japanese and so they slip through my race-radar. Hanging out this evening in Shinjuku station (the Guiness Book of Records busiest station) waiting for my wife and I see these "white guys" and man are they ugly, especially the bald ones. What doofusses! So I pop into the bathroom for a pee and see myself in the mirror. Like a moron wrote it on the mirror in lipstick I see: DOOFUS! I look like every cowboy movie grocer, barber or bartender, not at all like the hero or even the bad guy. Japanese bald guys don't look so dumb but we white guys look like shiny domed clowns. I haven't been to a barber in 20 or more years. I keep my remaining hair short with a buzz shaver. Five minutes in the shower and I'm done. Saved myself some cash too. How much is a haircut these days? If I let it grow but I'd only end up with what my friend calls a Bozo-Fro. Man, it does look clowny!
Question authority.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Re: Bald?

Postby naughty boy » 07 Sep 2018, 16:02

I'd hate to be bald.

I notice a LOT of fellas shave their heads these days. Don't get it, really. And not sure if it's a trend or if they'd justify it the way you do, Jimbo - that it's a matter of convenience. Either way it's unseemly.

JSJ, Clive and the big G fella know how to keep a good barnet. Not sure whether Jeff Beck circa 1966 is really what you should be after at 50, mind.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Sep 2018, 16:11

BOXO wrote:I'd hate to be bald.

I notice a LOT of fellas shave their heads these days. Don't get it, really. And not sure if it's a trend or if they'd justify it the way you do, Jimbo - that it's a matter of convenience. Either way it's unseemly.

Oh, one cowboy hero is bald, Yul Brenner. He's the reason we nerds shave our heads, or keep it closely cropped like I do. I think about shaving it all of it all the way down because the bald part on top with the half girdle really makes me looks like I'm wearing a clown wig. All-bald guys look tougher than Bozos - - - we'd like to think. :?
Question authority.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 07 Sep 2018, 16:13

I'm getting a bald spot now in the back of my head. I didn't even know it was there until a few years ago. I was talking to a student of mine about male pattern baldness and I was saying something like if I was going to lose my hair it would've started by now. He says "Mr Wilson, you are going bald." I told him he was crazy. He took out his camera and photographed the back of my head. WTF! There it was. How come no one told me?! At first my hair would naturally cover it, but now you can plainly see it.

So uh, there's one more of life's little ironies for ya...

:lol:

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 07 Sep 2018, 16:18

Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 07 Sep 2018, 16:20

I'm nearly bald, have been for 20 years. I shaved it off completely last month in the Philippines (head shaved with electric razor and beard with a cut throat razor for US$2.5....bargain!) but it's grown back a bit now and needs another trim. When you're going bald you may as well just get rid of what you have, life is little easier though is does mean hats become even more essential when you're out in the sun. My brother never lost his hair like I did and has it very long and it's way too much trouble to look after, requiring constant washing. I don't know why he bothers....actually I do know, it's his wife that won't let him cut it :)

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 07 Sep 2018, 16:48

Nope, still got an unruly mop of thick unkempt (neither Gary nor Martin) hair. Decent widow's peak, though.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 07 Sep 2018, 16:55

What worse is every winter I get a bad case of dandruff.
Question authority.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 07 Sep 2018, 17:19

Ae you sure that's not the snow falling?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 07 Sep 2018, 17:25

BOXO wrote:
JSJ, Clive and the big G fella know how to keep a good barnet. Not sure whether Jeff Beck circa 1966 is really what you should be after at 50, mind.

I've been cutting my own hair recently. I'm quite good at it!

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 07 Sep 2018, 18:11

The Modernist wrote:
BOXO wrote:

I've been cutting my own hair recently. I'm quite good at it!

I've been doing it for years. Don't do it all in one sitting, that's the secret.

Can't do a good job at the back without someone else helping out, tho'.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 07 Sep 2018, 18:24

I've gone completely grey, but I have the hairline of a 14 year-old boy and not even a hint of a bald spot.

The rest of me is falling apart, but at least I've got hair!
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Sep 2018, 18:44

I've never had the thickest hair, but at least it's still there.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 07 Sep 2018, 19:26

I have my hair but I'm still struggling to find a decent barber.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 07 Sep 2018, 19:27

It's thinner than it was, but not in a male pattern sort of way, and is pretty much 70% white, not grey. Neither I, nor anyone else, has been anywhere near it with scissors, razors nor buzzsaws for more than 30 years - I had a barbershop cut before my wedding in June 1988, and never again. I just tie it back, or occasionally into a samurai-style topknot, which, it occurs to me, would be a lot cooler way to cover a bald patch than a combover.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

NMB

Postby NMB » 07 Sep 2018, 19:29

I’ve just started losing my hair this year, annoyingly on one side of my head instead of centrally. But it is what it is, I wouldn’t try and hide it.
turn on, tune in, nod off

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 07 Sep 2018, 19:35

There is baldness on both sides of my family, so I always knew there was a fair chance I'd go that way. Never bothered me, as there's nothing I could do about it. I get it cut every 6 weeks or so, half or number 1 all over. If I let it grow, it's just grey on the sides and very little on top, which looks worse than a buzz cut.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 07 Sep 2018, 19:52

My profile pic is me.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 07 Sep 2018, 22:19

Mine is falling out by the handful. But what can I do. There are worse things than hair loss at 60.
You don't like me...do you?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 07 Sep 2018, 22:31

I think my eyebrows may be a trifle thinner
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Return to “Nextdoorland”