What do you make of this?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: What do you make of this?

Postby The Modernist » 07 Sep 2018, 08:17

Snarfyguy wrote:
The Modernist wrote:Most British schools now have software where you tick sentences rather than write it yourself, in part because many teachers lack the language skills to do it themselves.

No idea what that is. Do you mean multiple choice options in which you identify properly contracted sentences?

It was like a structured thing where they had options -"He/she has made an outstanding start..", "He/she has made a positive start", "He/ she has made a reasonable start.." and then you went on to the next bit where you had further options. None of the options were strongly critical because schools are obsessed with giving positive feedback these days, even to a kid who's just called you a 'cunt'. :lol:
I was given the impression this was fairly widespread in British schools. I'd always been used to writing my own reports when I worked in colleges.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Sep 2018, 17:42

What I think about this:
Snarfyguy wrote:Clementine has started second grade.

is: :shock: :o :shock:

She was just little not a minute ago!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Sep 2018, 18:42

I know - other people's kids grow up so fast!
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.