Brexit Countdown

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
caramba

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby caramba » 25 Dec 2018, 09:05

Copehead wrote:

I'm merely one of several BCBers pointing out how awful Corbyn is

You say pointing out, I say bleating

I keep pointing out that he has made the Labour movement the biggest political movement in Europe, made it financially independent of individuals and companies and increased its vote by 30% but you don't seem to be able to take that in.

So you keep repeating/bleating yourself!

It's all very well your claiming that Labour is now the "biggest political movement in Europe" and "financially independent", yada, yada, yada...

The big question is, where was this extra 30% of the vote you bang on about when it really mattered?

Where were all these voters (and especially the youngsters whose much ballyhooed integrity JC has allegedly done so much to energise) during the EU referendum when he was giving the remain campaign his unstinting (70%!) backing?

Where were all these voters during the 2017 election when Labour coulda, shoulda - and with better leadership - undoubtedly woulda kicked May and her ineffectual stooges out of Downing Street?

Maybe they were all waiting for that blinding leadership you ascribed to JC a few pages back. If so, they'll be waiting for quite some time yet...

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 26 Dec 2018, 10:13

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote: Labour movement the biggest political movement in Europe, made it financially independent of individuals and companies and increased its vote by 30% but you don't seem to be able to take that in.

Can I see some proof of these claims please. I don't believe you. Also, it looks like Corbyn's children will be deserting him in droves as he has confirmed his anti EU credentials. By this time nest year he will be a broken old man in a care home.

You can see proof, you can type the claims into google and look at the results.

The easiest one to check would be the 30% increase in vote

All you would have to do to get that done would be google Labour's 2015 GE result under the ant-semitic Miliband ( 29% ) and google Labour's 2017 GE result under the anti-semite Corbyn ( 40% )

Then you express the difference between those numbers - 11 - in terms of a % of the first number.

That would be 11/29 X 100/1

0r nearly 38%

Just imagine how many millions of disaffected and disenfranchised voters that represents.

I think we can afford to lose a people who care more about a second referendum than homelessness or the collapse of the NHS. They aren't going to vote for a Labour government anyway if that is how they feel.

And most of them do not even understand Labour's position on Europe because they choose to learn about it through the a media which hates labour and all it stands for rather than actually checking what the Labour Party says and what its policy, voted for democratically by the membership at conference, is.

Labour only say they can't see the point of a second referendum on the May deal as it it has no chance of making things any better as it will just deliver another vote from an evenly divided country.

Unfortunately some retainers are becoming the mirror image of the deranged, single issue weirdos on the Leave side. There is no point just further emphasising what divides us as a nation we have to try and come to a position that a large majority - 60%+ - can agree on before we can move on as a nation.

That won't be easy, under this government it will be impossible.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 26 Dec 2018, 10:21

caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:

I'm merely one of several BCBers pointing out how awful Corbyn is

You say pointing out, I say bleating

I keep pointing out that he has made the Labour movement the biggest political movement in Europe, made it financially independent of individuals and companies and increased its vote by 30% but you don't seem to be able to take that in.

So you keep repeating/bleating yourself!

It's all very well your claiming that Labour is now the "biggest political movement in Europe" and "financially independent", yada, yada, yada...

The big question is, where was this extra 30% of the vote you bang on about when it really mattered?

errr voting for them at the GE and still voting for them now if polls are to be believed. What the hell are you on about?

Where were all these voters (and especially the youngsters whose much ballyhooed integrity JC has allegedly done so much to energise) during the EU referendum when he was giving the remain campaign his unstinting (70%!) backing?

err that was before the GE and the massive swing to JC and Labour when Corbyn was widely believed to be toxic and was kept as far away from the official remain campaign as possible.

Do you even engage your brain before posting another anti-Corby diatribe?

Where were all these voters during the 2017 election when Labour coulda, shoulda - and with better leadership - undoubtedly woulda kicked May and her ineffectual stooges out of Downing Street?

Err that was when they actually re-engaged with politics to increase the Labour vote by the largest margin since 1945 to give the most shocking GE result in living memory.

Seriously you are sounding a bit deranged and stupid now.

If you remember before that GE people like you were crowing about how May was going to get a 200 seat majority because Corbyn was so useless.

Maybe they were all waiting for that blinding leadership you ascribed to JC a few pages back. If so, they'll be waiting for quite some time yet...

May be they are just a bit more rational than you and can look at the changes brought about by Corbyn honestly.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 26 Dec 2018, 14:20

FFS it's xmas

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Dec 2018, 11:51

Toby wrote:FFS it's xmas

On HMS Copehead? Apparently not.
“The truth is like poetry- And most people fucking hate poetry"
"That's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination"
"Normality is a paved road: It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it"

caramba

Postby caramba » 28 Dec 2018, 11:54

sorrry, dp, see below
Last edited by caramba on 28 Dec 2018, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

caramba

Postby caramba » 28 Dec 2018, 11:54

caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:errr

Copehead wrote:
err

Copehead wrote:
Err

Bloody hell, Dave Spart is alive, well, and posting on BCB

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Dec 2018, 12:23

caramba wrote:
caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:errr

Copehead wrote:
err

Copehead wrote:
Err

Says Bufton Tufton.
"Normality is a paved road: It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it"

caramba

Postby caramba » 28 Dec 2018, 12:53

Diamond Dog wrote:
caramba wrote:
caramba wrote:

Says Bufton Tufton.

Belated Happy Xmas, Colin

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Dec 2018, 13:23

:)

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 30 Dec 2018, 23:47

So, that £100m of public money the Tories have just spent on irrelevant contingency ferry deals that even the ferry operators say won’t have any effect on customs?

Turns out £14m of it went to a company who have never run a ferry service and who do not even own any ferries. The company seem also to have no employees, assets or premises.

NOTHING DODGY HERE NO NOT AT ALL

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46714984
GoogaMooga wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Baron got into a fight with some Satan’s Slaves over some culinary issue

Awful thing when that happens. I had a similar experience at a Tom Jones concert.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 31 Dec 2018, 09:42

Spivs
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

caramba

Postby caramba » 31 Dec 2018, 10:13

Haven't seen very much in the press about any EU plans in the event of the UK's refusing to pay them the notorious £39 billion should we crash out with no deal.

Anyone know if they've made any such provisions in the event of this happening?

If one of its three richest countries stop paying in, would imagine the EU is going to be every bit as fucked as the UK is in the short term. It'll be even more screwed if its wantaway members see the UK survive the initial impacts of Brexit and - unlikely as it looks right now - somehow start to do well.

Was surprised to touch bases with a couple of formerly staunch remainers who are now saying the UK should give the EU the middle finger as they've had it up to here with "Project Fear" scare stories and the EU's dismissive treatment of the UK.

What a mess Cameron has left us all to try and deal/live with.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 31 Dec 2018, 10:34

I've seen a few flippant threats by government ministers threatening to not pay.

Nothing from the EU about what would happen if the UK didn't, but i guess they will make it even more difficult than it is already going to be.

Robert

Postby Robert » 31 Dec 2018, 10:59

The Prof wrote:I've seen a few flippant threats by government ministers threatening to not pay.

Nothing from the EU about what would happen if the UK didn't, but i guess they will make it even more difficult than it is already going to be.

The threat is simply too stupid to respond to I’d think.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Dec 2018, 11:16

caramba wrote:Haven't seen very much in the press about any EU plans in the event of the UK's refusing to pay them the notorious £39 billion should we crash out with no deal.

If one of its three richest countries stop paying in, would imagine the EU is going to be every bit as fucked as the UK is in the short term. It'll be even more screwed if its wantaway members see the UK survive the initial impacts of Brexit and - unlikely as it looks right now - somehow start to do well.

Was surprised to touch bases with a couple of formerly staunch remainers who are now saying the UK should give the EU the middle finger as they've had it up to here with "Project Fear" scare stories and the EU's dismissive treatment of the UK.

Just because this Government Of Clowns hasn't prepared for it doesn't mean the EU hasn't. I'm sure there is a contingency. And the idea that the EU will be more adversely effected by a non payment than the UK is laughable. Can you imagine the sanctions that would be imposed immediately?

caramba

Postby caramba » 31 Dec 2018, 12:29

Quote of the year re Brexit has to go to Richard Branson's:

"Brexit is the worst thing to happen to the UK since I was born."

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 31 Dec 2018, 19:46

Diamond Dog wrote:
caramba wrote:Haven't seen very much in the press about any EU plans in the event of the UK's refusing to pay them the notorious £39 billion should we crash out with no deal.

Just because this Government Of Clowns hasn't prepared for it doesn't mean the EU hasn't. I'm sure there is a contingency. And the idea that the EU will be more adversely effected by a non payment than the UK is laughable. Can you imagine the sanctions that would be imposed immediately?

Airbus would be fucked then, plus a ton of other businesses , particularly in France that rely on us for their markets. Given that Northern France is already gunning for Macron, I really don't think it would be a wise move.

Sanctions would be absolutely disastrous for the EU.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 31 Dec 2018, 20:18

Robert wrote:
The Prof wrote:I've seen a few flippant threats by government ministers threatening to not pay.

The threat is simply too stupid to respond to I’d think.

This is exactly why 17 million people want nothing to do with the arrogant cunts in Brussels.
You don't like me...do you?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Dec 2018, 20:40

Toby wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Airbus would be fucked then, plus a ton of other businesses , particularly in France that rely on us for their markets. Given that Northern France is already gunning for Macron, I really don't think it would be a wise move.

Sanctions would be absolutely disastrous for the EU.

Do you honestly believe that the UK economy is better built to withstand a trade war with the EU than the other way around? Good luck with that Toby.