Brexit Countdown

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby The Prof » 24 Dec 2018, 11:31

We could go round in circles on democracy and the referendum in 2016 but just to say that the latest YouGov poll puts it at 46% remain to 37% Leave with 17% undecided.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Dec 2018, 11:33

Just fucking leave and see what happens.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 24 Dec 2018, 11:44

Deebank wrote:Not 52% of the population bruv. %2% of those who voted in the referendum - different thing.

Don't get him started again. You know he has no idea about percentages and poll numbers. He'll think Corbyn is a dead cert for a 500 seat majority next.. :|
Last edited by yomptepi on 24 Dec 2018, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
You don't like me...do you?

caramba

Postby caramba » 24 Dec 2018, 12:09

Copehead wrote:
I think the country is almost completely polarised now and people like you have decide who you are going to support; a far right Tory government or a moderate left Labour one.

Or you can do what literally millions of current Labour voters did for many years and not vote at all.

But I do wish if you close the last options you'd just shut the fuck up bleating about how awful it all is and let the rest of us getting on with our culture war.

But I'm not the one "bleating about how awful it all is" - the Board gets quite enough of that from you.

I'm merely one of several BCBers pointing out how awful Corbyn is as a credible alternative to what I obviously can't say often enough - is the worst government in living memory.

Corbyn's tragedy isn't that he's a proven liar (all pols are), it's that he's such an abject failure at trying to hoodwink the electorate.

Anyway, Merry Xmas wherever you are, CH.

caramba

Postby caramba » 24 Dec 2018, 12:10

Jimbo wrote:Just fucking leave and see what happens.

Given May's reckless "my way or the highway" brinksmanship, It's beginning to look as though that's exactly
what might happen.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 24 Dec 2018, 12:22

caramba wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Just fucking leave and see what happens.

Given May's reckless "my way or the highway" brinksmanship, It's beginning to look as though that's exactly
what might happen.

and the thing is, no matter how bad it gets no-one will take the blame.
If only half the shit happens that is predicted to, how many of the vocal Brexiteers will say, Ooops - I got it wrong.
The public are changing their minds but will the likes of John Redwood say he got it wrong? Not on your Nelly.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 24 Dec 2018, 12:24

The Prof wrote:We could go round in circles on democracy and the referendum in 2016 but just to say that the latest YouGov poll puts it at 46% remain to 37% Leave with 17% undecided.

But what did You Gov have on the eve of the referendum? They are hardly accurate or reliable. Polls schmolls.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 24 Dec 2018, 12:50

YouGov, BMG, Survation all have Remain between 5 and 12 points ahead since September

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/s ... eferendum/

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 24 Dec 2018, 13:47

yomptepi wrote:
The Prof wrote:We could go round in circles on democracy and the referendum in 2016 but just to say that the latest YouGov poll puts it at 46% remain to 37% Leave with 17% undecided.

But what did You Gov have on the eve of the referendum? They are hardly accurate or reliable. Polls schmolls.

I think they probably have moved in the remain direction but I don’t think they will have gone anywhere near far enough to settle things once (!) and for all.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 24 Dec 2018, 14:13

Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

I think they probably have moved in the remain direction but I don’t think they will have gone anywhere near far enough to settle things once (!) and for all.

The worry I have is that stupid people are often very stubborn, and that all the leavers would once again get to the polls to make sure they get their way, just because they want to get their way. I think it is dangerous to assume that anyone has learned anything in the intervening years since the first vote. And unless it is a resounding rout for the remainers, then all we will have is a civil war of sorts.

The only way to guarantee a remain vote would be to only allow Londoners and rich Scottish people to vote. That way the metropolitan elite and the whining Scots will get their way. We could have some sort of system where people who spoke badly were excluded from the vote.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 24 Dec 2018, 14:27

I'm happy with that.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Dec 2018, 14:27

Thank fuck I can't vote in these things
I run out of talent

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 24 Dec 2018, 14:28

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

The worry I have is that stupid people are often very stubborn, and that all the leavers would once again get to the polls to make sure they get their way, just because they want to get their way. I think it is dangerous to assume that anyone has learned anything in the intervening years since the first vote. And unless it is a resounding rout for the remainers, then all we will have is a civil war of sorts.

The only way to guarantee a remain vote would be to only allow Londoners and rich Scottish people to vote. That way the metropolitan elite and the whining Scots will get their way. We could have some sort of system where people who spoke badly were excluded from the vote.

Dear Michael.

Fuck Off

A not rich or whining Scot

amd A Happy New Year.

Me.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 24 Dec 2018, 14:36

He does know that Hungry Joe doesn't post round here anymore, doesn't he?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 24 Dec 2018, 15:02

Goat Boy wrote:He does know that Hungry Joe doesn't post round here anymore, doesn't he?

No offence chaps. But the party making the most noise about remaining are the SNP, as they desperately want all the hand outs the EU can give them. And it isn't just that they are making the most noise. They are being so supercilious about it. Talking down to through their noses at anyone who will listen. ( increasing few). The idea that the 2 million or so in Scotland who voted remain have some sort of sacred right to have their wishes granted , whilst the 17 million or so in England who rejected the EU should be steam rollered and ignored is symptomatic of how the SNP operate. Almost as if they have some sacred right to dictate who does what and when and with whose money. I absolutely despise the way they do politics.

Of course the real agenda is that if there is a second referendum on Europe than they can , with some authority, claim a second referendum on independence ( which they would lose again) and so on and so on and so on. My ire is for the SNP, not the Scottish general, who I have always found to be OK ( ish)

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 24 Dec 2018, 15:31

yomptepi wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:He does know that Hungry Joe doesn't post round here anymore, doesn't he?

No offence chaps. But the party making the most noise about remaining are the SNP, as they desperately want all the hand outs the EU can give them. And it isn't just that they are making the most noise. They are being so supercilious about it. Talking down to through their noses at anyone who will listen. ( increasing few). The idea that the 2 million or so in Scotland who voted remain have some sort of sacred right to have their wishes granted , whilst the 17 million or so in England who rejected the EU should be steam rollered and ignored is symptomatic of how the SNP operate. Almost as if they have some sacred right to dictate who does what and when and with whose money. I absolutely despise the way they do politics.

Of course the real agenda is that if there is a second referendum on Europe than they can , with some authority, claim a second referendum on independence ( which they would lose again) and so on and so on and so on. My ire is for the SNP, not the Scottish general, who I have always found to be OK ( ish)

The SNP that didnt get a mention in the original post.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 24 Dec 2018, 15:34

Jeemo wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

The SNP that didnt get a mention in the original post.

Fair enough, but I think Whining Scots does apply mainly to the SNP. After all , I never hear any other Scots whining. Do you?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 25 Dec 2018, 00:13

yomptepi wrote:[q
The worry I have is that stupid people are often very stubborn,

:?

Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 25 Dec 2018, 00:16

caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:
I think the country is almost completely polarised now and people like you have decide who you are going to support; a far right Tory government or a moderate left Labour one.

Or you can do what literally millions of current Labour voters did for many years and not vote at all.

But I do wish if you close the last options you'd just shut the fuck up bleating about how awful it all is and let the rest of us getting on with our culture war.

But I'm not the one "bleating about how awful it all is" - the Board gets quite enough of that from you.

I'm merely one of several BCBers pointing out how awful Corbyn is as a credible alternative to what I obviously can't say often enough - is the worst government in living memory.

Corbyn's tragedy isn't that he's a proven liar (all pols are), it's that he's such an abject failure at trying to hoodwink the electorate.

Anyway, Merry Xmas wherever you are, CH.

I'm merely one of several BCBers pointing out how awful Corbyn is

You say pointing out, I say bleating

I keep pointing out that he has made the Labour movement the biggest political movement in Europe, made it financially independent of individuals and companies and increased its vote by 30% but you don't seem to be able to take that in.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 25 Dec 2018, 01:40

Copehead wrote: Labour movement the biggest political movement in Europe, made it financially independent of individuals and companies and increased its vote by 30% but you don't seem to be able to take that in.

Can I see some proof of these claims please. I don't believe you. Also, it looks like Corbyn's children will be deserting him in droves as he has confirmed his anti EU credentials. By this time nest year he will be a broken old man in a care home.