Brexit Countdown

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby yomptepi » 24 Sep 2018, 14:28

Robert wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Robert wrote:Democratic? The entire EU committed to the four F's. Just because 17.4 million people in the UK say no to it we have to forget about it?


You can keep your four F's . if they are so important. Clearly you do not have an issue like the Northern Ireland border to deal with. But this is not about the four F's. It is about letting the UK leave the EU without damaging the whole construct. If we crash out with no deal, everyone loses. Is that a price the Germans are really willing to pay? Because let's be honest. It is only the Germans who really have any say.



You wouldn't have that issue with the Northern Irish border if it wasn't for Brexit!

Nearly half of UK's exports go to EU whereas only 8% of the EU's go to UK. Who has the bigger issue you think?


Do you think Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen are going to be happy to have to pay tariffs on all the cars they sell here? The whole thing is madness, but it doesn't have to be this way. It is only the protectionist ethos of the EU that is making things so difficult. And you know as well as I do that we will not be the only ones to go.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 8888
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Sep 2018, 15:34

yomptepi wrote:
Robert wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
You can keep your four F's . if they are so important. Clearly you do not have an issue like the Northern Ireland border to deal with. But this is not about the four F's. It is about letting the UK leave the EU without damaging the whole construct. If we crash out with no deal, everyone loses. Is that a price the Germans are really willing to pay? Because let's be honest. It is only the Germans who really have any say.



You wouldn't have that issue with the Northern Irish border if it wasn't for Brexit!

Nearly half of UK's exports go to EU whereas only 8% of the EU's go to UK. Who has the bigger issue you think?


Do you think Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen are going to be happy to have to pay tariffs on all the cars they sell here? The whole thing is madness, but it doesn't have to be this way. It is only the protectionist ethos of the EU that is making things so difficult. And you know as well as I do that we will not be the only ones to go.


There maybe a few companies that may be phased by tariffs but you mention 3 of the most recognisable names in the car industry who are bought by people regardless of the price. Tarriffs won't phase them much and to be fair tariffs are not the hugest issue. There's a million other technical things around international trade that will become apparent after we leave and will inconvenience trade between UK and EU, and no they cannot be avoided if we leave the EU. What you fail to understand is that this is a legal issue and is treated as such by the EU. The British government sees it a political andvthat's why they're being roundly laughed off as the clueless cunts they are. I wouldn't be as patient and polite as Tusk and Macron if I had to deal with May.
I run out of talent

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 1054
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Robert » 24 Sep 2018, 15:53

yomptepi wrote:
Robert wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
You can keep your four F's . if they are so important. Clearly you do not have an issue like the Northern Ireland border to deal with. But this is not about the four F's. It is about letting the UK leave the EU without damaging the whole construct. If we crash out with no deal, everyone loses. Is that a price the Germans are really willing to pay? Because let's be honest. It is only the Germans who really have any say.



You wouldn't have that issue with the Northern Irish border if it wasn't for Brexit!

Nearly half of UK's exports go to EU whereas only 8% of the EU's go to UK. Who has the bigger issue you think?


Do you think Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen are going to be happy to have to pay tariffs on all the cars they sell here? The whole thing is madness, but it doesn't have to be this way. It is only the protectionist ethos of the EU that is making things so difficult. And you know as well as I do that we will not be the only ones to go.



Sadly, it's you, the consumer that will pay for it.

So you won't buy a mercedes. Will you stop buying Cheese and Butter too?

EU is not that protectionist it just requires that all freedoms are respected. Freedoms that the UK helped design.

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 8888
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Sep 2018, 16:29

Robert wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Robert wrote:

You wouldn't have that issue with the Northern Irish border if it wasn't for Brexit!

Nearly half of UK's exports go to EU whereas only 8% of the EU's go to UK. Who has the bigger issue you think?


Do you think Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen are going to be happy to have to pay tariffs on all the cars they sell here? The whole thing is madness, but it doesn't have to be this way. It is only the protectionist ethos of the EU that is making things so difficult. And you know as well as I do that we will not be the only ones to go.



Sadly, it's you, the consumer that will pay for it.

So you won't buy a mercedes. Will you stop buying Cheese and Butter too?

EU is not that protectionist it just requires that all freedoms are respected. Freedoms that the UK helped design.

Well to be fair the four freedoms were there long before the UK joined. Thw Treaty of Rome was signed in 1959.
I run out of talent

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby yomptepi » 24 Sep 2018, 16:36

Robert wrote:[

EU is not that protectionist it just requires that all freedoms are respected. Freedoms that the UK helped design.


Nonsense. Of course the EU is protectionist. It requires that it's laws are respected. I wouldn't necessarily say the were freedoms. That is a matter of opinion. Certainly they are not enforced equally. How can they be when half the countries are broke?
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 1054
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Robert » 24 Sep 2018, 16:44

WG Kaspar wrote:
Robert wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Do you think Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen are going to be happy to have to pay tariffs on all the cars they sell here? The whole thing is madness, but it doesn't have to be this way. It is only the protectionist ethos of the EU that is making things so difficult. And you know as well as I do that we will not be the only ones to go.



Sadly, it's you, the consumer that will pay for it.

So you won't buy a mercedes. Will you stop buying Cheese and Butter too?

EU is not that protectionist it just requires that all freedoms are respected. Freedoms that the UK helped design.

Well to be fair the four freedoms were there long before the UK joined. Thw Treaty of Rome was signed in 1959.



Fair point but UK embraced them and helped shape how policy developed around that since.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 23248
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Deebank » 24 Sep 2018, 19:19

We don’t want their nasty continental freedoms! :x
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24174
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Copehead » 24 Sep 2018, 20:22

caramba wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Cameron has gone. He didn't do anything dramatic like take us into an illegal war , or turn us into the most cctv surveyed country in the world. His only contribution has been this, and he has paid the price and disappeared.




"didn't do anything dramatic"? He's effectively fucked the entire UK every which way from Wednesday for the next god knows how many years.

And as for paying the price, what price exactly has he paid?


How soon Mike forgets Libya and how angry Cammers got when Miliband scuppered his desire to get involved militarily in Syria

Silly old Bear
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby yomptepi » 24 Sep 2018, 20:25

Copehead wrote:
caramba wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Cameron has gone. He didn't do anything dramatic like take us into an illegal war , or turn us into the most cctv surveyed country in the world. His only contribution has been this, and he has paid the price and disappeared.




"didn't do anything dramatic"? He's effectively fucked the entire UK every which way from Wednesday for the next god knows how many years.

And as for paying the price, what price exactly has he paid?


How soon Mike forgets Libya and how angry Cammers got when Miliband scuppered his desire to get involved militarily in Syria

Silly old Bear


Of course neither even registered on the genocidometer next to your hero , do they?
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24174
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Copehead » 24 Sep 2018, 20:29

yomptepi wrote:
Robert wrote:
UK is part of the EU project that has brought properity for all member states .


Tell that to the Greeks and the Portuguese and the Spanish and the Italians. The EU has bought prosperity to the Northern European states, and very few others.


Here speaks a man who never visited one of those countries in the 70s and again today

Spain was basically a third world country with a well developed tourist industry in the 70s, today it puts the UK to shame in many areas.

Portugal was even worse and today it is in far better shape than the UK because it had a left wing government after the financial crash.

People always bang on about how high youth unemployment is in these countries but it is only high because they actually count it, it is basically impossible to be an unemployed youth in this country even if you have no job
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24174
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Copehead » 24 Sep 2018, 20:32

Robert wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Robert wrote:

You wouldn't have that issue with the Northern Irish border if it wasn't for Brexit!

Nearly half of UK's exports go to EU whereas only 8% of the EU's go to UK. Who has the bigger issue you think?


Do you think Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen are going to be happy to have to pay tariffs on all the cars they sell here? The whole thing is madness, but it doesn't have to be this way. It is only the protectionist ethos of the EU that is making things so difficult. And you know as well as I do that we will not be the only ones to go.



Sadly, it's you, the consumer that will pay for it.

So you won't buy a mercedes. Will you stop buying Cheese and Butter too?

EU is not that protectionist it just requires that all freedoms are respected. Freedoms that the UK helped design.


Yompy will buy British

Cars from that famous British owned marque "..............

Er

A little help

Can we all drive black cabs and Caterhams
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24174
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Copehead » 24 Sep 2018, 20:34

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
caramba wrote:

"didn't do anything dramatic"? He's effectively fucked the entire UK every which way from Wednesday for the next god knows how many years.

And as for paying the price, what price exactly has he paid?


How soon Mike forgets Libya and how angry Cammers got when Miliband scuppered his desire to get involved militarily in Syria

Silly old Bear


Of course neither even registered on the genocidometer next to your hero , do they?


I’ve no idea, surely an illegal war is an illegal war?

Have you handy figures for the death tolls in “Trotters up, twat, twat”’s illegal wars?
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby yomptepi » 24 Sep 2018, 20:38

Copehead wrote:
I’ve no idea, surely an illegal war is an illegal war?

Have you handy figures for the death tolls in “Trotters up, twat, twat”’s illegal wars?


Libya was not an illegal war. No one, apart from you of course, has suggested it was. Only you.

And you can hardly accuse Syria of being an illegal , since he dropped it after the vote went against him. If only your hero had bothered to have a vote. Your continued support of the war criminal Blair is very worrying.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby yomptepi » 24 Sep 2018, 20:42

Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Do you think Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen are going to be happy to have to pay tariffs on all the cars they sell here? The whole thing is madness, but it doesn't have to be this way. It is only the protectionist ethos of the EU that is making things so difficult. And you know as well as I do that we will not be the only ones to go.



Sadly, it's you, the consumer that will pay for it.

So you won't buy a mercedes. Will you stop buying Cheese and Butter too?

EU is not that protectionist it just requires that all freedoms are respected. Freedoms that the UK helped design.


Yompy will buy British

Cars from that famous British owned marque "..............

Er

A little help

Can we all drive black cabs and Caterhams


As always , you miss the point. Must be some sort of ocean madness, or tax dodgers delirium.
The point is that they will not want to see their sales dip even by 1% let alone 25%. All this hot air from the ( mainly French) Europeans is only making everything worse than it needs to be. It is just bluster and bullying, playing to the crowd. In the end there will be a deal, and no one will be happy.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 8888
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Sep 2018, 20:53

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
I’ve no idea, surely an illegal war is an illegal war?

Have you handy figures for the death tolls in “Trotters up, twat, twat”’s illegal wars?


Libya was not an illegal war. No one, apart from you of course, has suggested it was. Only you.

And you can hardly accuse Syria of being an illegal , since he dropped it after the vote went against him. If only your hero had bothered to have a vote. Your continued support of the war criminal Blair is very worrying.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but the invasion was vetoed in the UN security council by both Russia and China, and the civil unrest was incited by foreign powers, I'm not going to name names. I don't know how much more illegal you can get.
I run out of talent

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35630
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby yomptepi » 24 Sep 2018, 21:04

WG Kaspar wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
I’ve no idea, surely an illegal war is an illegal war?

Have you handy figures for the death tolls in “Trotters up, twat, twat”’s illegal wars?


Libya was not an illegal war. No one, apart from you of course, has suggested it was. Only you.

And you can hardly accuse Syria of being an illegal , since he dropped it after the vote went against him. If only your hero had bothered to have a vote. Your continued support of the war criminal Blair is very worrying.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but the invasion was vetoed in the UN security council by both Russia and China, .


Really. You do surprise me. Russia and China eh? I cannot think of a single time they have used their veto's. Oh wait. It's every time isn't it...
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 8888
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Sep 2018, 21:26

yomptepi wrote:
WG Kaspar wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Libya was not an illegal war. No one, apart from you of course, has suggested it was. Only you.

And you can hardly accuse Syria of being an illegal , since he dropped it after the vote went against him. If only your hero had bothered to have a vote. Your continued support of the war criminal Blair is very worrying.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but the invasion was vetoed in the UN security council by both Russia and China, .


Really. You do surprise me. Russia and China eh? I cannot think of a single time they have used their veto's. Oh wait. It's every time isn't it...

And?
I run out of talent

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 23248
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Deebank » 24 Sep 2018, 21:29

Toby wrote:It will go down to the wire, but I suspect the Canada option is what will happen. It seems that the cabinet is veering towards that as Chequers thankfully is dead in the water.

The EU is playing hardball, but they need our cash.


The Canada option is incompatible with the Irish border... Try again.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 8888
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Sep 2018, 21:35

A free trade deal will not happen by March. If cooler heads prevail we might get a withdrawal agreement and then we can start negotiating a trade deal that will probably take a few years to be agreed. The important issue is to agree all the little things that the preparedness notices the EU and the government have been releasing are talking about.
I run out of talent

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24174
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Copehead » 24 Sep 2018, 22:37

WG Kaspar wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
I’ve no idea, surely an illegal war is an illegal war?

Have you handy figures for the death tolls in “Trotters up, twat, twat”’s illegal wars?


Libya was not an illegal war. No one, apart from you of course, has suggested it was. Only you.

And you can hardly accuse Syria of being an illegal , since he dropped it after the vote went against him. If only your hero had bothered to have a vote. Your continued support of the war criminal Blair is very worrying.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but the invasion was vetoed in the UN security council by both Russia and China, and the civil unrest was incited by foreign powers, I'm not going to name names. I don't know how much more illegal you can get.


But it was a Tory illegal war so that’s alright
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.