Brexit Countdown

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68074
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Apr 2019, 11:48

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote::lol:

If the plimsoll line is the level here, you've sunk.


Are you new here?


As I'm the Doyen, you're the arriviste.

Eat that.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 36007
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby yomptepi » 06 Apr 2019, 11:53

:(
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
WG Kaspar
Posts: 9048
Joined: 28 Jan 2007, 09:07

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby WG Kaspar » 06 Apr 2019, 13:32

There is no reason to derail the debate like this Pete. Disgusting behavior.
I run out of talent

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68074
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Apr 2019, 13:45

Of course.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68074
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Apr 2019, 06:13

It doesn't exactly fill one with confidence to know we are five days from Brexit - and the Labour Party & The Govt don't actually even know if they are going to resume the talks of last week yet.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45429
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby The Prof » 08 Apr 2019, 10:45

Interesting article from Peter Oborne. Tory and (former) prominent Brexiteer.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opende ... ink-again/

Questioning wether MPS are even in a fit mental state to make these mammoth decisions

"Ask any psychologist when is the worst time to reach a decision.

They agree that it is when you suffer from exhaustion and emotional collapse. Speaking candidly, that is the state of mind in which most of our MPs and cabinet ministers now find themselves.

And now consider this very sombre thought. We are not talking about a normal decision".

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45429
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby The Prof » 09 Apr 2019, 15:35

Even the Queen is against the "Will of the People"!©

Image

Powehi
Posts: 806
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Powehi » 10 Apr 2019, 09:15

The Prof wrote:Even the Queen is against the "Will of the People"!©

Image


Organised anarchy - what an excellent idea.

Let's have a spontaneous demonstration in support of the notion at 3pm sharp tomorrow afternoon

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68074
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Apr 2019, 10:42

Diamond Dog wrote:It doesn't exactly fill one with confidence to know we are five days from Brexit - and the Labour Party & The Govt don't actually even know if they are going to resume the talks of last week yet.



But apparently May's "Red Lines" haven't changed one iota, so it's a tad difficult to understand exactly what her and the Labour negotiating teams are 'negotiating' over exactly, isn't it?

It's also a little pathetic to see May courting various power brokers within the EU, trying to arrange an extension to Article 50 on her terms. Why doesn't someone just tell her - it's an extension, it's until such and such a date, and you either take it or leave on Friday. Oh, maybe they already have... and will make it public later today.

Does it feel like we've 'taken our country back' yet?
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Powehi
Posts: 806
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Powehi » 10 Apr 2019, 11:07

Diamond Dog wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:It doesn't exactly fill one with confidence to know we are five days from Brexit - and the Labour Party & The Govt don't actually even know if they are going to resume the talks of last week yet.



But apparently May's "Red Lines" haven't changed one iota, so it's a tad difficult to understand exactly what her and the Labour negotiating teams are 'negotiating' over exactly, isn't it?

It's also a little pathetic to see May courting various power brokers within the EU, trying to arrange an extension to Article 50 on her terms. Why doesn't someone just tell her - it's an extension, it's until such and such a date, and you either take it or leave on Friday. Oh, maybe they already have... and will make it public later today.

Does it feel like we've 'taken our country back' yet?


Given the way she's been publicly shunned in Europe and repeatedly savaged in parliament, I think May has long since abandoned the pretence of doing anything in the neighbourhoood of "on her own" terms.

Think Merkel is being pretty judicious in calling for her fellow EU leaders to treat the UK with dignity.

Macron's sabre-rattling just comes across as being an unpleasant distraction from his own domestic woes. If carried through, his threats are likely to come back and bite him on his postérieur sooner or later.

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12407
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Geezee » 10 Apr 2019, 14:02

Two-day countdown before I become an illegal immigrant. :| :?
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 1150
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Robert » 10 Apr 2019, 15:21

caramba wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:It doesn't exactly fill one with confidence to know we are five days from Brexit - and the Labour Party & The Govt don't actually even know if they are going to resume the talks of last week yet.



But apparently May's "Red Lines" haven't changed one iota, so it's a tad difficult to understand exactly what her and the Labour negotiating teams are 'negotiating' over exactly, isn't it?

It's also a little pathetic to see May courting various power brokers within the EU, trying to arrange an extension to Article 50 on her terms. Why doesn't someone just tell her - it's an extension, it's until such and such a date, and you either take it or leave on Friday. Oh, maybe they already have... and will make it public later today.

Does it feel like we've 'taken our country back' yet?


Given the way she's been publicly shunned in Europe and repeatedly savaged in parliament, I think May has long since abandoned the pretence of doing anything in the neighbourhoood of "on her own" terms.

Think Merkel is being pretty judicious in calling for her fellow EU leaders to treat the UK with dignity.

Macron's sabre-rattling just comes across as being an unpleasant distraction from his own domestic woes. If carried through, his threats are likely to come back and bite him on his postérieur sooner or later.


Macron's sentiment I believe is that of most EU leaders. Others just prefer not to be on record saying it.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68074
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Apr 2019, 15:55

Robert wrote:Macron's sentiment I believe is that of most EU leaders. Others just prefer not to be on record saying it.


Indeed.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45429
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby The Prof » 11 Apr 2019, 09:13

Yeehh - this thread can continue until Halloween!

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68074
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Apr 2019, 09:18

The Prof wrote:Yeehh - this thread can continue until Halloween!



It's going to be a Thriller!
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Powehi
Posts: 806
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Powehi » 11 Apr 2019, 09:45

Diamond Dog wrote:
The Prof wrote:Yeehh - this thread can continue until Halloween!



It's going to be a Thriller!


I think you mean Bad

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68074
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Apr 2019, 11:08

caramba wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
The Prof wrote:Yeehh - this thread can continue until Halloween!



It's going to be a Thriller!


I think you mean Bad


That's an off the wall idea.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 7134
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby John aka Josh » 11 Apr 2019, 20:23

Diamond Dog wrote:
caramba wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

It's going to be a Thriller!


I think you mean Bad


That's an off the wall idea.







And what might you blame it on?
Image

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10622
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Samoan » 11 Apr 2019, 20:59

I'd blame it on the boogie

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68074
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Apr 2019, 08:11

The way this is going on and on, it's obvious the ERG are prompting May to stick it out. "Don't going to stop 'til you get enough" is their mantra.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."