Malthouse Plan B - For: 139 Against: 422
EFTA and EEA membership - For: 65 Against: 377

Ok, keep the ideas coming!

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby The Prof » 28 Mar 2019, 09:04

Rorschach wrote:
Penk! wrote:Meanwhile, Jacob Rees-Mogg is now saying that the choice would appear to be between a no-deal Brexit and May's deal, while Steven Brine, who quit the cabinet last night, says the indication is that MPs will support a soft Brexit or second referendum.

In short, we are two and a half weeks from the absolute final extended deadline, and we still don't know a fucking thing.

I believe that Rees-Mong has actually said that it's between May's deal and NO Brexit. I.e. his shower have to support May's deal. Michael Fabricunt has agreed with that.

He swapped to support May's deal yesterday assuming that the DUP would, and when they didn't, flopped back again

It's not really about the deal.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 28 Mar 2019, 09:08

Robert wrote:How MPs voted

Confirmatory referendum - For: 268 Against: 295
Customs union - For: 264 Against: 272
Labour's Brexit plan - For: 237 Against: 307
Common Market 2.0 - For: 188 Against: 283
Revoking Article 50 to avoid no deal - For: 184 Against: 293
No-deal exit on 12 April - For: 160 Against: 400

I thought it would have made more sense to vote for JUST the options they could live with. Rather than that AND against the options they couldn't live with.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 28 Mar 2019, 09:20

The Prof wrote:

I thought it would have made more sense to vote forJUST the options they could live with. Rather than that AND against the options they couldn't live with.

Come on, Prof, we're talking about the Houses of Parliament here. Sense walked out the door on June 24, 2016, and hasn't been seen or heard in the Chamber since.

Robert

Postby Robert » 28 Mar 2019, 11:55

The Prof wrote:

I thought it would have made more sense to vote for JUST the options they could live with. Rather than that AND against the options they couldn't live with.

I guess the trick is in formulating your proposal such that the No's yield a required result.

Robert

Postby Robert » 28 Mar 2019, 11:56

dp

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 28 Mar 2019, 14:13

caramba wrote:
The Prof wrote:

I thought it would have made more sense to vote forJUST the options they could live with. Rather than that AND against the options they couldn't live with.

Come on, Prof, we're talking about the Houses of Parliament here. Sense walked out the door on June 24, 2016, and hasn't been seen or heard in the Chamber since.

Indeed. yesterday was little more than an excercise in navel gazing, with the Labour front bench trying to pretend they had something relevant to offer. Which , of course they do not. They are utterly hapless. It has come to something when the only sense on the opposition benches comes from Jess Phillips. I loved how keen all the metropolitan elite mp's were on doing it all again on Monday, and perhaps making a regular occurrence of it. Utter cunts every one. The house of commons is a shameful , desperate place these days. There is not a single person in it who deserves the privilege on being an MP. Self serving cunts to a man ( and woman)
You don't like me...do you?

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 01 Apr 2019, 13:06

Rorschach wrote:
Penk! wrote:Meanwhile, Jacob Rees-Mogg is now saying that the choice would appear to be between a no-deal Brexit and May's deal, while Steven Brine, who quit the cabinet last night, says the indication is that MPs will support a soft Brexit or second referendum.

In short, we are two and a half weeks from the absolute final extended deadline, and we still don't know a fucking thing.

I believe that Rees-Mong has actually said that it's between May's deal and NO Brexit. I.e. his shower have to support May's deal. Michael Fabricunt has agreed with that.

Blimey, you're right. Although it seems Rees-Mogg wasn't. I guess I'm so used to him blethering on about No Deal that I assume that everything that comes out of his pointy little mouth is related to it somehow.

Another thing Rees-Mogg is wrong about is whether or not it's a good idea to retweet videos from extremist nutcrackers. See he thinks it's perfectly fine and everybody else with half a brain thinks it's not. What's that they're saying about the Tories and Islamophobia?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Apr 2019, 09:22

Possibly :?

Anyway May clearly has absolutely nothing to lose and nowhere else to go. Risky for JC though.

But you also have the reassurance (just like in the old Thatcher days) that anything the ERG is pissed off by has got to be excellent news both personally and for the country... if not Europe and indeed the whole world.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Apr 2019, 15:49

I’d like to burrow into the ground till it’s all over. Reading the news makes me physically sick.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 03 Apr 2019, 17:00

Minnie the Minx wrote:I’d like to burrow into the ground till it’s all over. Reading the news makes me physically sick.

Suggest you hunker down for a long wait.

The bitterness and rancour Cameron unleashed in opening this particular Pandora's box is going to drag on for years.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 03 Apr 2019, 23:43

Deebank wrote:Image

Anyway May clearly has absolutely nothing to lose and nowhere else to go. Risky for JC though.

But you also have the reassurance (just like in the old Thatcher days) that anything the ERG is pissed off by has got to be excellent news both personally and for the country... if not Europe and indeed the whole world.

I notice JC took arch Blairite stooge and interloper Kier Starmer into the meetings with him. I bet his phone was red hot all afternoon. Good to know Tony is still calling the shots in the real Labour party.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 04 Apr 2019, 09:13

yomptepi wrote:

I notice JC took arch Blairite stooge and interloper Kier Starmer into the meetings with him. I bet his phone was red hot all afternoon. Good to know Tony is still calling the shots in the real Labour party.

Given that he's presumably stuck on a leaky dredger somewhere in the South China Sea, one can only begin to imagine poor old Copehead's confusion when he heard the latest news.

Fresh from opinion polling his barely literate Philipino and Indonesian shipmates about their voting intentions*, he must have had conniptions when he heard the words "Corbyn enters Downing Street" come over the ship-to-shore radio.

Perhaps Sylvie Krin can write it up for the next edition of Private Eye.

* They indicated a 200 seat majority for Jezbollah

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 04 Apr 2019, 09:28

yomptepi wrote:

Starmer might not have imbibed the Corbyn Kool Aid but that doesn't make him a Blairite. :lol:
Call me naive, but I expect he was at the meeting because he's shadow brexit minister*!

*and to interject: COUGH "peoples' vote" COUGH every couple of minutes, just to remind the Great Comrade what party policy is.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 04 Apr 2019, 10:39

Deebank wrote:

Starmer might not have imbibed the Corbyn Kool Aid but that doesn't make him a Blairite. :lol:
Call me naive, but I expect he was at the meeting because he's shadow brexit minister*!

*and to interject: COUGH "peoples' vote" COUGH every couple of minutes, just to remind the Great Comrade what party policy is.[/quote]

He was in chambers with Cherie Blair and it was she that got him the job in the DPP. He is solidly Blairite and a very close friend of the family. He is almost certainly a Blair spy in the Corbyn camp. And let us be realistic. Corbyn has about as much idea what Brexit is about as he does about marital fidelity. He is an utterly clueless cunt bumbling about like senile uncle at a car boot sale. I should imagine Starmer would find it very easy indeed to get him to follow the Blairite path.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Apr 2019, 11:28

I'm amused that you're still knocking Corbyn & Labour, whilst the country goes through the greatest constitutional crisis in decades - brought about entirely by your lovely Theresa and her shower of Nimrods.

Fascinating.
From the heart – may it return to the heart!
We first make our habits, then our habits make us
You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 04 Apr 2019, 11:37

Diamond Dog wrote:I'm amused that you're still knocking Corbyn & Labour, whilst the country goes through the greatest constitutional crisis in decades - brought about entirely by your lovely Theresa and her shower of Nimrods.

Fascinating.

Corbyn is an imbecile. Of course I will continue to slag him off. Are you not concerned that one of Blair's most trusted, and closest allies is at the head of labour's pitiful attempts at playing politics?

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 04 Apr 2019, 12:09

I love caramba's assumption that Filipino and Indonesian crew would be barely literate.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 04 Apr 2019, 12:21

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:I'm amused that you're still knocking Corbyn & Labour, whilst the country goes through the greatest constitutional crisis in decades - brought about entirely by your lovely Theresa and her shower of Nimrods.

Fascinating.

Corbyn is an imbecile. Of course I will continue to slag him off. Are you not concerned that one of Blair's most trusted, and closest allies is at the head of labour's pitiful attempts at playing politics?

Nurse! The screens!

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Apr 2019, 14:11

yomptepi wrote:

Fascinating.

I'm a touch more alarmed that you've not yet realised that your beloved Theresa isn't calling Corbyn and clan in to actually make a deal, but to get her ERG recalcitrants onside when they realise the alternative may be Corbyn having a say.

Are you really that blind?
From the heart – may it return to the heart!
We first make our habits, then our habits make us
You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose.