Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Copehead » 18 Feb 2019, 17:16

The Modernist wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
That's exactly what a Blairite would say

Indeed. He is part of the pro Blairite cabal deeply entrenched in the BCB psyche.Sad, deranged desperado's who still believe in St Tony.

Very sad.

:lol: You are a wag.

Sorry couldn't resist :(
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Feb 2019, 19:33

So May is off to see Juncker again this evening - what do we think the chances are that she has changed her tack one single iota?
"Excuse my dust."
"In the back room, Under the stars, And your ceiling is my floor"
"It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes I'm just a cunt in a clown suit."

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 20 Feb 2019, 20:04

Maybe they’re having an affair? It would explain why they’re not getting anything useful done

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 20 Feb 2019, 21:25

The Prof wrote:Maybe they’re having an affair? It would explain why they’re not getting anything useful done

He'll be passed out drunk by 6pm, so she will probably get an early night, and Eurostar home in the morning.
You don't like me...do you?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 20 Feb 2019, 22:02

yomptepi wrote:
The Prof wrote:Maybe they’re having an affair? It would explain why they’re not getting anything useful done

He'll be passed out drunk by 6pm, so she will probably get an early night, and Eurostar home in the morning.

I'd be passed out drunk by 5pm if I had to spend a day with that charisma black hole

Robert

Postby Robert » 21 Feb 2019, 14:10

From The Independent:

Brexit: EU president Juncker says he is 'not optimistic' that no-deal can be avoided after meeting with Theresa May

I'd suggest you all to take your sticks and drive the lot of them out of town.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 21 Feb 2019, 19:04

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/21/starmer-pm-is-running-down-clock-so-mps-only-get-binary-choice

Jeremy Corbyn inching closer to backing a second referendum
Labour leader under intense pressure to act to prevent more restive MPs from leaving party

I don't understand this bullshit.

Labour policy was set at conference last year and hasn't changed since and it has always had the facility to go back to the people for a second referendum if required.

So why make up this shit?

What has never been Labour policy is just to go back and ask the same question again, that is not democratic and I imagine the answer would be near enough the same to solve nothing.

Labour policy is to give a second referendum on a deal if one becomes available that can pass through Parliament.

This stuff isn't difficult, and these people are political journalists, you can only draw the conclusion that they wish to misinform the British public as to Labour policy.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 24 Feb 2019, 08:56

This was quite thoughtful:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/feb/23/beyond-brexit-james-meek

This bit rang very true:

For leavers, the merit of voting to leave the EU wasn’t only in winning. It was in getting their opponents to feel loss – to feel what they had felt, that deep unease at the shattering of their representation of the world.

Robert

Postby Robert » 25 Feb 2019, 12:03

Brexit could be delayed until 2021, EU sources reveal
EU reportedly determined to avoid uncertainty of three-month extension requests

The EU is keen to avoid offering a short extension only to have to revisit the issue in the summer. Photograph: Andy Rain/EPA
Brexit could be delayed until 2021 under plans being explored by the EU’s most senior officials, at a time of growing exasperation over Theresa May’s handling of the talks, the Guardian can reveal.

A lengthy extension of the negotiating period is gaining traction as the EU’s default position should the Commons continue to reject May’s deal, and a request emerge.

Replacing the 21-month transition period with extra time as a member state would allow the UK and the EU to develop their plans for the future relationship with the aim of making the contentious Irish backstop redundant.

Brussels is determined to avoid offering a short extension only to have to revisit the issue in the summer when the government again fails to win round parliament.

“If leaders see any purpose in extending, which is not a certainty given the situation in the UK, they will not do a rolling cliff-edge but go long to ensure a decent period to solve the outstanding issues or batten down the hatches,” one EU diplomat said.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Feb 2019, 12:12

Copehead wrote:This was quite thoughtful:

This bit rang very true:

For leavers, the merit of voting to leave the EU wasn’t only in winning. It was in getting their opponents to feel loss – to feel what they had felt, that deep unease at the shattering of their representation of the world.

I don't sense that.

What I did (and do) get is a deep dissatisfaction with the whole political process. I know of a lot of Leavers who were also Trump supporters - you know, the kind of person that has decided to just thumb their nose at the 'establishment' and go for the anti-vote, no matter how much it personally hurts them.

A bit like Jimbo.
"Excuse my dust."
"It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes I'm just a cunt in a clown suit."

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Feb 2019, 19:02

fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 25 Feb 2019, 20:03

Wrong link.

That's just a story about Chris Grayling being sued for breaking the law.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 25 Feb 2019, 22:31

I fuckin' despair with how utterly useless May is.
I run out of talent

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Feb 2019, 04:18

WG Kaspar wrote:I fuckin' despair with how utterly useless May is.

Even those within her own party are now seeing that she is winding the clock down, to force either an extension of Article 50 or a no deal. Rather than actually lead the country and make/suggest those decisions/alternatives, she's abrogating responsibility and going through this sorry charade of meeting EU leaders ( who have absolutely no inclination to change the agreement she herself negotiated) with nothing new to put on the table. It's pathetic.
"Excuse my dust."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2019, 05:47

Diamond Dog wrote:
Copehead wrote:This was quite thoughtful:

This bit rang very true:

I don't sense that.

What I did (and do) get is a deep dissatisfaction with the whole political process. I know of a lot of Leavers who were also Trump supporters - you know, the kind of person that has decided to just thumb their nose at the 'establishment' and go for the anti-vote, no matter how much it personally hurts them.

A bit like Jimbo.

So we agree. We are both dissatisfied with the political process. Thinking Trump voters, however, are dissatisfied as well, with cause, i.e., though Trump has since reneged they think detente' with Russia is a good thing. Thinking leavers also have good reasons, one being that remaining means the loss of sovereignty and what that entails, i.e., a British military subsumed into a Russia-phobic European force. The good news is that leaving won't be that bad. Hand wringing Idealists like the article author bemoaning the loss of intra-continental travel, work and living freedom needn't fret too much. You can still marry the German woman of your dreams; it just means a little more paperwork. And I understand that Europe-wide manufacturing standards are already in place in Britain so trade should go on as before. The referendum should not have been offered in the first place but since it was and the leavers won stop whinging and get cracking, pip pip!
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Feb 2019, 05:57

You think I'm in favour of Brexit?
"Excuse my dust."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 26 Feb 2019, 06:09

Diamond Dog wrote:You think I'm in favour of Brexit?

That question is pretty much moot at this point in time.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Mar 2019, 10:21

Anybody left in any doubt about who is actually running the Government and who is just rubber stamping their wishes need read no further :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47432429

But on Sunday, the lawyers from the European Research Group (ERG) of Brexiteer Tories, led by Jacob Rees-Mogg, announced "three tests" the government must pass to win their backing.

In private talks with Mr Cox, the ERG has called for a legally binding mechanism to escape the backstop, with a clear exit route and an unambiguous rewrite of the language in the government's legal advice, according to The Sunday Times.

The stance has been drawn up in conjunction with the Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party, which Mrs May relies on to keep her in power, and which has been calling for the backstop clause to be removed from the agreement.

What was that about Entryism in the Labour Party again?
"Excuse my dust."

caramba

Postby caramba » 11 Mar 2019, 09:21

May now called off her latest "dash to Brussels".

Will she still be PM this time next week?

What a fucking mess our so-called "leaders" in Parliament have made of our country

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 11 Mar 2019, 09:34

Jeremy Fucking Hunt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47514248

There is a chance that Brexit could be cancelled. There is 'wind in the sails' or remain.

The consequences could be "devastating" for...........guess who?

not the country....

yes....The Conservative Party.

That's all that matters.

What a cunt.