Brexit Countdown

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jan 2019, 15:31

Robert wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
The Prof wrote:Don't know if this is the actual printed edition or a spoof. Good nevertheless

Prof I'm truly at a loss to know why you persistently and regularly do this as if you're coming out with some entirely novel and profound analytical insight into the whole sorry debacle.

Prof is underestimating us!

You'd nearly think he figures we do not all read and/or listen to the news in it's various formats and sources of choice.

Rather!
"Excuse my dust."
"It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes I'm just a cunt in a clown suit."
"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here"

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Jan 2019, 16:30

caramba wrote:Your suggestion that it is somehow the duty of posters here to double-check your timeline is even more delusional.

I posted the tweet with it's time stamp you ridiculous prick what more do you think ( ahh I think I may see the problem now ) I could do?

When another poster here did take time to check your twitter feed, the only "proof" they found was a fact-free repetition of your original claim.

The tweet mentioning the tax policy of the thatcher government being to the left of Corbyn's plans is there for anyone to check, but you carry on making yourself look a bigger and bigger plank, it is, at least, amusing, if in a sad sort of way.

Is this because the boys and girls at Labour HQ are going to parachute you in to Peterborough to replace the equally Pinnochio-like Fiona Onasanya following her jailing for perjury? If so, good luck.

Yes that is exactly the reason :lol:
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Jan 2019, 16:32

Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Because he knows that whatever number he gives , you will pervert with statistics.

You can't pervert a number with statistics.

Back to school with you Mike you should have done this stuff at O level.

What makes you say that? You can easily do that and it's being done all the time.

You can statistically analyses a series of numbers not a single number.

What statistical analysis do you think you can apply to a single number, I may have missed that week in lectures and I am always up for a learning experience?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Jan 2019, 16:33

yomptepi wrote:[

It's Corbyn speak.

It doesn't matter what you say, what is important is that you say it in a dismissive, belittling, patronizing and sneering manner. The idea being that your superior tone will make your opponent back down. As used widely by the SNP ( worked well for them) and now the preferred tone of the metropolitan elite and Welsh tax dodgers.

I blame the poor education that English pupils appear to have got in the their schools, things were obviously a little more rigorous in Wales and Scotland.

Robert

Postby Robert » 31 Jan 2019, 16:57

Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:

What makes you say that? You can easily do that and it's being done all the time.

What statistical analysis do you think you can apply to a single number, I may have missed that week in lectures and I am always up for a learning experience?

Or took the wrong study altogether. Sure as hell you did not skip that week for reading classes.

Nobody mentioned analysing a single number. The phrasing was ‘perverting’

Of course you can frame a single number by adding vaguely related other figures as a background to which
the said single figure can be made to look good or bad, whatever it is you’re trying to get across.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 31 Jan 2019, 17:18

Diamond Dog wrote:Prof I'm truly at a loss to know why you persistently and regularly do this as if you're coming out with some entirely novel and profound analytical insight into the whole sorry debacle.

If you can't tell the difference between the informing, entertaining and educating snippets I repost off the internet and the drivel you do...... then ask someonan who does 8-)

caramba

Postby caramba » 31 Jan 2019, 17:23

The Prof wrote:Don't know if this is the actual printed edition or a spoof. Good nevertheless

Didn't the Sun do the same thing with Kinnock in the early 90s?

caramba

Postby caramba » 31 Jan 2019, 17:34

Copehead wrote:

It's Corbyn speak.

It doesn't matter what you say, what is important is that you say it in a dismissive, belittling, patronizing and sneering manner. The idea being that your superior tone will make your opponent back down. As used widely by the SNP ( worked well for them) and now the preferred tone of the metropolitan elite and Welsh tax dodgers.

I blame the poor education that English pupils appear to have got in the their schools, things were obviously a little more rigorous in Wales and Scotland.

Perhaps you were absent on that particular day

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 31 Jan 2019, 18:03

Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Have you bumped your head?
You don't like me...do you?

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 31 Jan 2019, 18:13

caramba wrote:Didn't the Sun do the same thing with Kinnock in the early 90s?

That's part of the gag.

Has it gone over your head or are you just pretending?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 31 Jan 2019, 19:08

The Prof wrote:
caramba wrote:Didn't the Sun do the same thing with Kinnock in the early 90s?

That's part of the gag.

Has it gone over your head or are you just pretending?

He is in Belgium John. How would he know what was in the Sun?
You don't like me...do you?

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 31 Jan 2019, 21:37

Robert or caramba?
I thought caramba was FeuryHK from N Ireland?
Or not? I can’t keep up with the name changes at the best of times.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jan 2019, 22:13

The Prof wrote:Robert or caramba?

And why the fuck should you have to? It's fucking annoying.
"Excuse my dust."
"It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes I'm just a cunt in a clown suit."
"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here"

Robert

Postby Robert » 31 Jan 2019, 23:19

The Prof wrote:Robert or caramba?

I’ve been trying to figure out who Caramba is too. But me, I am just Robert as you know and certainly not in Belgium. Although it’s only a 45 minute drive.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 01 Feb 2019, 08:51

Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:

Or took the wrong study altogether. Sure as hell you did not skip that week for reading classes.

Of course you can frame a single number by adding vaguely related other figures as a background to which
the said single figure can be made to look good or bad, whatever it is you’re trying to get across.

This is tedious isn't it?

yomptepi wrote:
Because he knows that whatever number he gives , you will pervert with statistics.

arguing over whether a plural was used when it obviously wasn't

And we come down to the fear of a whole branch of mathematics because some people don't understand it.

Yomp and stats is like a medieval King and witchcraft

Stats are a tool not of and in themselves bad What Mike is doing is just a way of blanking out anything he doesn't want to here by poisoning the well then shooting the messenger.

It isn't stats that make polling figures wrong anyway, there is little or no statistical analysis to be done, it is sampling, different pollsters sample in different ways and then make fairly arbitrary weighting allowances based on nothing much at all.

That is why a polling company like Survation can get a GE pretty much spot on whilst YouGov were way out even after they realised they were not getting it right.

Because polling figures, as shown by Fiona Bruce's egregious lying on Question time, are used as news items themselves.

But none of this, fascinating as it is, changes the fact that you don't perform statistical analysis on a solitary number as Mike thinks and no amount of dissembling from you is going to change that.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 01 Feb 2019, 08:52

caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:

It's Corbyn speak.

Wow a typo
You must be feeling very proud.
Whatever helps you make it through the day feeling you managed to retain some dignity :)

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 01 Feb 2019, 08:53

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:

Have you bumped your head?

No, I am just trying to educate you in an humorous and matey fashion.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 01 Feb 2019, 08:56

It is indicative of how boring Brexit has become that we are reduced to arguing as to whether you statistically analyse a single number.
But most of the last 3 pages has been people who have lost the argument and lost the plot attacking the mathematics, spelling, grammar and character of others.

So in that we are a reflection of the whole country.

caramba

Postby caramba » 01 Feb 2019, 09:35

Copehead wrote:
caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Wow a typo
You must be feeling very proud.
Whatever helps you make it through the day feeling you managed to retain some dignity :)

Typically humourless response from Copehead.

Quick to spot others' mistakes, yet so easily upset when someone jokingly points out errors resulting from
his own unwarranted arrogance.

Given the way you continually bluster about how much better educated you are than the rest of us,
perhaps you might demonstrate your superior learning by not making such stupid errors.
Last edited by caramba on 02 Feb 2019, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.

Robert

Postby Robert » 01 Feb 2019, 10:27

Copehead wrote:
Robert wrote:
Copehead wrote:

This is tedious isn't it?

yomptepi wrote:

arguing over whether a plural was used when it obviously wasn't

And we come down to the fear of a whole branch of mathematics because some people don't understand it.

Yomp and stats is like a medieval King and witchcraft

Stats are a tool not of and in themselves bad What Mike is doing is just a way of blanking out anything he doesn't want to here by poisoning the well then shooting the messenger.

It isn't stats that make polling figures wrong anyway, there is little or no statistical analysis to be done, it is sampling, different pollsters sample in different ways and then make fairly arbitrary weighting allowances based on nothing much at all.

That is why a polling company like Survation can get a GE pretty much spot on whilst YouGov were way out even after they realised they were not getting it right.

Because polling figures, as shown by Fiona Bruce's egregious lying on Question time, are used as news items themselves.

But none of this, fascinating as it is, changes the fact that you don't perform statistical analysis on a solitary number as Mike thinks and no amount of dissembling from you is going to change that.

Quite, I took it at face value and though it's true there's precious little to analyse on a single number I responded to the point whether it's possible to: ' whatever number he gives' ' you will pervert with statistics'

Apart from the question if you, indeed, would, it remains possible to do, would you choose so.