in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Copehead » 30 Jan 2019, 16:38

yomptepi wrote:
caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Why did you say a dozen or more when you know the exact number?

Interesting insistence on exactitude by someone who routinely invents entire posts
and then attempts to justify their contents by referring to imaginary tweets.

or lies, as some would call them...

Of do fuck off Mike, you are intelligent enough to know it wasn't a lie just a simple mistake of little or no consequence when it comes to the inherent truth that a Corbyn government would be less economically left wing than any Conservative government from the end of WWII to 1979. So the idea that he is some sort of marxist is fucking stupid.

Caramba and Toby may be young enough and/or stupid enough to believe that craziness, you aren't.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 30 Jan 2019, 17:24

yomptepi wrote:
caramba wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Interesting insistence on exactitude by someone who routinely invents entire posts

I’m not saying the guy is a delusional fantasist or nuffink but there’s a photo on his Twitter account entitled “Everest summit” 8-) #Kingoftheworld #anotherlifegoalachieved

Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 30 Jan 2019, 17:59

Goat Boy wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
caramba wrote:

I’m not saying the guy is a delusional fantasist or nuffink but there’s a photo on his Twitter account entitled “Everest summit” 8-) #Kingoftheworld #anotherlifegoalachieved

Well if I can glad about one thing it is that I made Dougie waste an afternoon trying to cut and paste a picture of my face onto a picture of a climber.

Seriously you silly sausage I am not worth getting this obsessed over, it isn't good for your metal health.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 30 Jan 2019, 18:00

So who is the winner in this scenario we have now? I know that chaos creates opportunity and I can't help but wonder who is profiting from these particular winds of change.

Did David Cameron get a big cash prize from nefarious interests for bringing it up in the first place?

Are there politicians involved in it who have a bright future ahead of them? Even if the public has lost faith in them, will they get payout in their new positions as business consultants?

Or is this whole thing a mess of unintended consequences that no one could have predicted?
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 30 Jan 2019, 18:03

Copehead wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

Well if I can glad about one thing it is that I made Dougie waste an afternoon trying to cut and paste a picture of my face onto a picture of a climber.

Seriously you silly sausage I am not worth getting this obsessed over, it isn't good for your metal health.

Bazinga!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 30 Jan 2019, 18:19

bobzilla77 wrote:So who is the winner in this scenario we have now? I know that chaos creates opportunity and I can't help but wonder who is profiting from these particular winds of change.

Did David Cameron get a big cash prize from nefarious interests for bringing it up in the first place?

Are there politicians involved in it who have a bright future ahead of them? Even if the public has lost faith in them, will they get payout in their new positions as business consultants?

Or is this whole thing a mess of unintended consequences that no one could have predicted?

Well that is the question isn't it?
There certainly seems to be a minority who favours seemingly on ideological grounds the exit from Europe although there have been reports of people donating to the leave campaign betting against UK economy on the financial markets. They seem to be the biggest winners so far although things and alliances change quickly.
I have the feeling they have sacrificed any political career for short term gain and not all of them can afford it.
I run out of talent

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 30 Jan 2019, 18:22

bobzilla77 wrote:So who is the winner in this scenario we have now? I know that chaos creates opportunity and I can't help but wonder who is profiting from these particular winds of change.

The winners are disaster capitalists and hedge funds who will be making large bets on the UK economy tanking post Brexit. And those people appear to have a lot of sway in the Tory Party and largely own it now.

Of course some MPs are disaster capitalists and hedge fund managers, Jacob Rees Mogg for one.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 30 Jan 2019, 20:56

Ok that makes sense.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 30 Jan 2019, 22:20

Farage seems to be getting excited about the European elections in a few months. Preparing to stand of article 50 is kicked further down the road.

Anyone would think he was happier making a twat of himself and collecting a salary for just spouting bollocks.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Jan 2019, 09:39

If anyone is interested Corbyn put forward a amendment the other day which included a customs union and a second referendum and almost the entirety of the Conservative party voted against it.

Not that you'd know from following this in the MSM.

All those things that Centrists are demanding were in that amendment and yet it was voted down because to them Tory Party unity trumps everything.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 31 Jan 2019, 09:43

Copehead wrote:
I am just pointing out your incredible hypocrisy and double standards that's all

A classic attempt at deflection, your calling out my use of the perfectly accurate description 'a dozen and more' as the equivalent of your claiming something and then making up imaginary posts to support it would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Copehead wrote:
The idea that the tweet I posted, when it is on my time line for anyone to look at, is imaginary is your best descent into irrational lying and delusion yet

Your suggestion that it is somehow the duty of posters here to double-check your timeline is even more delusional.

When another poster here did take time to check your twitter feed, the only "proof" they found was a fact-free repetition of your original claim.

Copehead wrote:
You really are an asset too my enjoyment of this board, if it wasn't for laughing at your attempts to engage in coherent thought then I'd probably be visiting more infrequently than I already am.

So glad to hear that my posts are brightening your day, although sad to hear that you are spending less time on BCB.

Is this because the boys and girls at Labour HQ are going to parachute you in to Peterborough to replace the equally Pinnochio-like Fiona Onasanya following her jailing for perjury? If so, good luck.
Last edited by Powehi on 31 Jan 2019, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 31 Jan 2019, 10:03

Copehead wrote:

The winners are disaster capitalists and hedge funds who will be making large bets on the UK economy tanking post Brexit. And those people appear to have a lot of sway in the Tory Party and largely own it now.

Of course some MPs are disaster capitalists and hedge fund managers, Jacob Rees Mogg for one.

Despite being responsible for the whole mess, the loathsome Cameron has indeed got his mitts on a big cash prize as a result of Brexit

Since leaving office, he's apparently earned trousered something like £750K - a lot of it for giving speeches during which he's shared his "expert" insights on leadership, etc,
Last edited by Powehi on 31 Jan 2019, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.

Robert

Postby Robert » 31 Jan 2019, 10:06

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Because he knows that whatever number he gives , you will pervert with statistics.

You can't pervert a number with statistics.

Back to school with you Mike you should have done this stuff at O level.

What makes you say that? You can easily do that and it's being done all the time.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 31 Jan 2019, 10:36

Robert wrote:
You can't pervert a number with statistics.

Back to school with you Mike you should have done this stuff at O level.

What makes you say that? You can easily do that and it's being done all the time.[/quote]

It's Corbyn speak.

It doesn't matter what you say, what is important is that you say it in a dismissive, belittling, patronizing and sneering manner. The idea being that your superior tone will make your opponent back down. As used widely by the SNP ( worked well for them) and now the preferred tone of the metropolitan elite and Welsh tax dodgers.
You don't like me...do you?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jan 2019, 10:49

So May spent all days yesterday discussing with Brady and others who supported his amendment exactly what amendments they would like to see to the backstop. It seems they offered up the exact same amendments that the EU had previously turned down (a time expiry deal, new technology etc).

So we're basically going to have the PM of this country going back to the EU to ask for things they have already refused, and which May had previously moved on from as unachievable.

Only 57 days to go kids.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 31 Jan 2019, 11:19

Diamond Dog wrote:So May spent all days yesterday discussing with Brady and others who supported his amendment exactly what amendments they would like to see to the backstop. It seems they offered up the exact same amendments that the EU had previously turned down (a time expiry deal, new technology etc).

So we're basically going to have the PM of this country going back to the EU to ask for things they have already refused, and which May had previously moved on from as unachievable.

Only 57 days to go kids.

Yes.

We Know.

We all read and/or listen to the news in it's various formats and sources of choice.

I'm truly at a loss to know why you persistently and regularly do this as if you're coming out with some entirely novel and profound analytical insight into the whole sorry debacle.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jan 2019, 11:21

Samoan wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:So May spent all days yesterday discussing with Brady and others who supported his amendment exactly what amendments they would like to see to the backstop. It seems they offered up the exact same amendments that the EU had previously turned down (a time expiry deal, new technology etc).

Only 57 days to go kids.

Yes.

We Know.

We all read and/or listen to the news in it's various formats and sources of choice.

I'm truly at a loss to know why you persistently and regularly do this as if you're coming out with some entirely novel and profound analytical insight into the whole sorry debacle.

Bad day? :lol:
"Excuse my dust."
"It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 31 Jan 2019, 12:12

Don't know if this is the actual printed edition or a spoof. Good nevertheless

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jan 2019, 14:23

The Prof wrote:Don't know if this is the actual printed edition or a spoof. Good nevertheless

Prof I'm truly at a loss to know why you persistently and regularly do this as if you're coming out with some entirely novel and profound analytical insight into the whole sorry debacle.
"Excuse my dust."

Robert

Postby Robert » 31 Jan 2019, 14:46

Diamond Dog wrote:
The Prof wrote:Don't know if this is the actual printed edition or a spoof. Good nevertheless

Prof I'm truly at a loss to know why you persistently and regularly do this as if you're coming out with some entirely novel and profound analytical insight into the whole sorry debacle.

Prof is underestimating us!

You'd nearly think he figures we do not all read and/or listen to the news in it's various formats and sources of choice.