Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Brexit Countdown

Postby Copehead » 07 Feb 2019, 10:30

Dopehead wrote:You bald, uptight cunt.

How's that?

What is the point of this?

Can some one delete this account please

I am going to put Caramba on ignore as I don't think we have anything useful to say to each other on political threads and I have never seen him anywhere else on this board.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 07 Feb 2019, 10:34

Lord Rother wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Is this the place where the Opinium poll conducted for the Observer giving the Tories a 7% lead will be discussed?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... l-election

There’s been so much shit posted on here by the usual protagonists in the last few days that it may have passed me by but has there any response from our resident poll analyst on this?

There's also an internal Labour *secret* memo that has been leaked to Robert Peston. Revealing that......

"if Labour supports implementation of Brexit it would lose a further 45 seats" but would only lose "a further 11 seats" if it opposes leaving the EU."

I hear the silent hiss of the flame on a candle of hope being extinguished. :(

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 07 Feb 2019, 10:35

Lord Rother wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Is this the place where the Opinium poll conducted for the Observer giving the Tories a 7% lead will be discussed?

There’s been so much shit posted on here by the usual protagonists in the last few days that it may have passed me by but has there any response from our resident poll analyst on this?

Yes quite and extensive one about how in the old days polls which showed statistically improbably swings would have been suppressed by embarrassed polling companies for showing that their sampling methodology was completely screwed. Swings like that are more or less impossible if your sampling is right as they don't happen in reality unless a major political cataclysm has happened, and I must have missed that. But these days some polling companies are not interested in accuracy they are interested in pushing a narrative and garnering headlines.

You got very excited about this poll but not by all the polls recently showing a labour lead, in fact you probably haven't been this aroused since the last outlier poll showing a large Tory lead.

You'll have to examine your own logical philosophy to work out why that is, but it doesn't seem like the action of some one who has though about what is going on at all, but you appear to be want to be lead by the nose

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 07 Feb 2019, 10:39

The Prof wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:

There's also an internal Labour *secret* memo that has been leaked to Robert Peston. Revealing that......

"if Labour supports implementation of Brexit it would lose a further 45 seats" but would only lose "a further 11 seats" if it opposes leaving the EU."

I hear the silent hiss of the flame on a candle of hope being extinguished. :(

Robert Peston seems to get a lot of secret memos, about this about party membership numbers, for which the physical evidence does not appear to exist.

So Labour could lose seats whatever they do. And perhaps they won't lose seats whatever they do, perhaps they will gain seats in some scenarios.

I am not sure what this idle speculation about what could happen which probably derives from statistically unrobust manipulation of votes tells us.

But funny how no one ever seems to think that The Tories could lose seats for fucking up the country to the point where people are dying on our streets and we are making plans for emergency medicine distribution and marshal law implementation.

Funny that

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 07 Feb 2019, 10:46

It maybe that their secret memos have a tighter lid on the box?

I don't think Peston is a Tory stooge, is he? His Dad was a Labour peer (although that may not mean anything).

As we know, Tories get votes off poor people because they convince them that even poorer people are after what they've got

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 07 Feb 2019, 12:06

Copehead wrote:

How's that?

What is the point of this?

Can some one delete this account please

I am going to put Caramba on ignore as I don't think we have anything useful to say to each other on political threads and I have never seen him anywhere else on this board.

All of us here know who did this, even if you choose to ignore it in an attempt to score points.

Happy for you to put me on ignore and refrain from responding to other posts I make on this - or indeed - any other thread from this point on.
Last edited by Powehi on 08 Feb 2019, 10:50, edited 5 times in total.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 07 Feb 2019, 12:13

Copehead wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:

Yes quite and extensive one about how in the old days polls which showed statistically improbably swings would have been suppressed by embarrassed polling companies for showing that their sampling methodology was completely screwed. Swings like that are more or less impossible if your sampling is right as they don't happen in reality unless a major political cataclysm has happened, and I must have missed that. But these days some polling companies are not interested in accuracy they are interested in pushing a narrative and garnering headlines.

You got very excited about this poll but not by all the polls recently showing a labour lead, in fact you probably haven't been this aroused since the last outlier poll showing a large Tory lead.

You'll have to examine your own logical philosophy to work out why that is, but it doesn't seem like the action of some one who has though about what is going on at all, but you appear to be want to be lead by the nose

Lovely stuff. :D

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 07 Feb 2019, 12:15

How's that?

Perfect as always. :lol:

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 08 Feb 2019, 21:24

The Prof wrote:It maybe that their secret memos have a tighter lid on the box?

I don't think Peston is a Tory stooge, is he? His Dad was a Labour peer (although that may not mean anything).

As we know, Tories get votes off poor people because they convince them that even poorer people are after what they've got

Yes the old cartoon of a rich man taking 9/10ths of a pie and telling the poor man that the destitute man wants his little slice has ever been true.

I think Peston enjoys getting exclusives out there, and why wouldn't he he's a journalist, regardless of veracity and the people who have his ear are disgruntled centrist members of the PLP.

The chances of him getting accurate figures for LP membership are close to zero as I doubt even the Labour Party have much in the way of accurate up to date figures. But they are going to be over 500,000 before you start counting Union affiliates.

No one seems to know where the Tory party membership stands between 75,000 and 150,000, and I imagine the Tories are very happy about that.

But he is a happy booster for the tiny percentage of Labour Party members who support people like Chuckles Umunna, Berger and Owen Smith.

Labour's problem is that the PLP no longer reflect the aspirations of the membership, these people need to be got rid of if they can't shut the fuck up.

For all his voting against the party, and he was proved right on nearly everything from Iraq to ASOS, Corbyn never actively went out into the media and continually briefed against the leadership.

Probably because no fucker would ever have given him a platform to do so. :lol:

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Feb 2019, 18:19

You don't like me...do you?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Feb 2019, 18:29

yomptepi wrote:Image

Helps if you read the graph right :lol:

Thatcher was unpopular both in opposition and as PM - she still managed to not lose an election.... Fuck our rotten luck.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Feb 2019, 18:34

Doesn't bode well for your brothers much vaunted 400 seat majority though, does it? Corbyn is losing support by the truckload, and not before time.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Feb 2019, 18:37

yomptepi wrote:Doesn't bode well for your brothers much vaunted 400 seat majority though, does it? Corbyn is losing support by the truckload, and not before time.

That remains to be seen.

I never drank the Corbyn Kool Aid and I would vote for any Labour prospect like a shot, I mean, who else are you going to vote for?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Feb 2019, 19:57

Odd. According to you he never had any support in the first place so I'm a bit bewildered as to how he's losing it 'by the truckload'.
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes I'm just a cunt in a clown suit."

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Feb 2019, 22:56

Diamond Dog wrote:Odd. According to you he never had any support in the first place so I'm a bit bewildered as to how he's losing it 'by the truckload'.

he always had support form the witless and the stupid. But even that somewhat dubious and clearly fairweather support has fallen to allow him to be the most unpopular opposition leader of all time. No mean feat when you look at the twats who proceeded him. Neil fucking Kinnock, Jim poxy Callaghan. Jesus wept. And yet he now has an approval rating where 72% of people believe he is a terrible , terrible leader of the opposition.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Feb 2019, 06:05

And now, of course, you place great faith in polls. I wonder why?
"Excuse my dust."
"On mellow blue, birds curve and glide, Through shadows of grief she slides,"
"It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes I'm just a cunt in a clown suit."

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 13 Feb 2019, 09:21

I have no faith in polls whatsoever. However there are those here who believe them to be science, and therefore incontrovertible. I merely use this as a stick to poke the wasps nest. As always.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 13 Feb 2019, 11:02

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Odd. According to you he never had any support in the first place so I'm a bit bewildered as to how he's losing it 'by the truckload'.

he always had support form the witless and the stupid. But even that somewhat dubious and clearly fairweather support has fallen to allow him to be the most unpopular opposition leader of all time. No mean feat when you look at the twats who proceeded him. Neil fucking Kinnock, Jim poxy Callaghan. Jesus wept. And yet he now has an approval rating where 72% of people believe he is a terrible , terrible leader of the opposition.

Given the embarrassing revelations that investigative journalist Tom Bower has exposed about previous subjects (Maxwell, Blair, Ecclestone and HRH Brian, et al), would imagine JC's ratings are likely to fall even further when the author's unauthorised biog of the dear leader comes out next week.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 13 Feb 2019, 12:05

Jesus Christ! IT WAS THE FUCKING TORIES THAT STUFFED THIS UP. CORBYN IS IRRELEVANT. YOU MIGHT AS WELL BLAME THE FUCKING GREENS.

WHERE ARE YOUR CONSTANT MEMES ABOUT THE FUCKING TORY LEADERSHIP?
Last edited by Darkness_Fish on 13 Feb 2019, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 13 Feb 2019, 12:06

I feel better now.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.