Wrong
12%
Not sure
12%

Total votes: 17

Sneelock

Re: Internet Platform Removals, i.e. Alex Jones

Postby Sneelock » 21 Aug 2018, 00:35

and what the hell if they do? is that supposed to prove something? 50 million conspiracy whack jobs can't be wrong?
Jimbo, I hope you didn't get any splinters when you slid off that popsicle stick.
you are down the rabbit hole, dude.
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Aug 2018, 01:27

Last edited by Jimbo on 21 Aug 2018, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Aug 2018, 04:26

Okay okay. I am in the rabbit hole. Not as deeply as others but in there for sure. I can say that I haven't bought into the Q meme yet. I was headed there but Caitlin Johnstone said it was a crock, comparing Q thinking to die-hard Hillary/Russia dun it believers. But I do enjoy the alternative way of thinking about politics. In response to Hatz and KPFA, I had heard someone say in a podcast that considering how many years Guns and Butter - the most mainstream venue allowing conspiracy talk out here - had been on the air, it was likely a brigade of organized complainers, a Cambridge Analytica kind of op, especially considering that week's topic, a take down of Zionism. The larger point being that whether it's Facebook, Twitter, Word Press or a radio station, "conspiracy" skewed news is under attack by the establishment. And to Copehead, you are likely right as I hadn't really checked out the source about whether new Jones' ap signer-uppers really was as high as they said. Nonetheless, it is we in the "conspiritorium," as Lionel calls us, who are questioning the establishment media and wondering more deeply about who is pushing for war and control, wondering about the puppet masters. We know how Facebook, Google, etc., as fun and useful as they are for us little people, are still paid for spying tools of the war mongering deep state, and the deep state doesn't like us fucking with their narrative. Since you are not down here with me you don't know how they're whittling away at us, deplatforming us. Heed George Orwell and Huxley because their narratives become truer and truer everyday.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Aug 2018, 13:25

Same as it ever was.

Newly Released FBI Files Expose Red-Baiting of Woody Guthrie

In looking back at the FBI’s actions directed at Guthrie, it may be tempting to laugh off the time and energy the FBI spent surveilling a musician. Why, after all, would the government be worried about a folk singer? This, however, misses something important. As trivial as this seems — and leaving aside the sickening specter of targeting a desperately ill man — there was logic in what the Bureau did.

For the FBI and the elements of the power structure the Bureau represented, Guthrie was a threat in potential, someone who could conceivably reach millions. This would be an unacceptable situation. One need only witness the repression leveled against Paul Robeson in the late 1940s for evidence of this. Woody Guthrie, who at the time was nowhere near as popular as Robeson, is today seen as one of the most influential artists of the 20th century — he was indeed someone who might have reached a very large audience in a way that threatened the status quo. That his surveillance continued well after he became too ill to perform underscores the entrenched persistence of the repressive apparatus. https://truthout.org/articles/newly-rel ... y-guthrie/
Question authority.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 21 Aug 2018, 19:57

Woody Guthrie's guitar killed fascists. Alex Jones stands up for fascists. Fuck all that noise and fuck Alex Jones to death.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 25 Aug 2018, 01:44

Facebook Says It Removed 652 Disinformation Accounts Linked To Russia And Iran

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fa ... 327df7a847

MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) — Facebook has identified and banned more accounts engaged in misleading political behavior ahead of the U.S. midterm elections in November.

The social network said Tuesday that it had removed 652 pages, groups, and accounts linked to Russia and, unexpectedly, Iran, for “coordinated inauthentic behavior” that included the sharing of political material.

But Alex Jones ... :roll:
Question authority.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 25 Aug 2018, 03:21

Good for Facebook. But I’m sure 652 is only a drop in the bucket. They need to pick up the pace.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 05 Sep 2018, 18:39

you see Alex Jones on CNBC yesterday? Two words: Whack Job.
uggy poopy doody.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 06 Sep 2018, 07:26

Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 06 Sep 2018, 22:08

And Twitter have pulled the plug on the twat now.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Sep 2018, 16:01

Think Progress Censored By Facebook After Cheerleading Facebook Censorship
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/thin ... 86692a5fd8

A middle of the road left wing and quite well known outlet was censored after cheering at Alex Jones' de-platforming.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 14 Oct 2018, 02:57

If you don't give a shit you don't give a shit but then you might as well live in China where internet censorship is accepted.

While most indie media was focused on debating the way people talk about Kanye West and the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, an unprecedented escalation in internet censorship took place which threatens everything we all care about. It received frighteningly little attention.

After a massive purge of hundreds of politically oriented pages and personal accounts for “inauthentic behavior”, Facebook rightly received a fair amount of criticism for the nebulous and hotly disputed basis for that action. What received relatively little attention was the far more ominous step which was taken next: within hours of being purged from Facebook, multiple anti-establishment alternative media sites had their accounts completely removed from Twitter as well.
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/inte ... ae2d8adaf2

Censorship crackdown? Top 10 alt-media pages newly banned by Facebook & Twitter
https://www.rt.com/usa/441075-facebook- ... -accounts/
Question authority.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 14 Oct 2018, 10:56

And dribbling loonies continue to post freely here without any kind of censorship.

It is an OUTRAGE
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Oct 2018, 03:20

'Face of Fruit Pastilles 1981' wrote:And dribbling loonies continue to post freely here without any kind of censorship.

It is an OUTRAGE

I suspect any number of BCBers hold their tongues to avoid the abuse I get.

Self-Censorship: Where The Real Damage Is Being Done

If the social engineers can make an example of a few dissident voices in the public eye, everyone else will rein in their own speech and behavior to avoid the same fate. The overall effect of this phenomenon is actually far more effective in suppressing dissident speech than the overt censorship is by itself, because self-censorship actually silences exponentially more anti-establishment opinions. For every one voice you crack down on overtly, a thousand more silence themselves out of self-preservation, not saying things they would otherwise say and not doing things they would otherwise do.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/self ... 272425c53b
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Oct 2018, 04:40

There is a crack in everything.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OwenJones84/ ... 6252401664
Owen Jones
@OwenJones84
Replying to @OwenJones84
Follow

A 2000 article reveals Coughlin was fed material by MI6 for years, which he then turned into Telegraph news articles. (theguardian.com/media/2000/jun…) One false story fed to him by MI6 about Saif Gaddafi led to the Sunday Telegraph apologising for libel (telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/13…) pic.twitter.com/XRTkAtgU4J
7:57 AM - 12 Oct 2018

Mon 12 Jun 2000 15.48 BST

Tinker, tailor, soldier, journalist

Has Fleet Street been over-run by the intelligence agencies? David Leigh unravels the hidden network of spooks at the heart of the British press.

British journalists - and British journals - are being manipulated by the secret intelligence agencies, and I think we ought to try and put a stop to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2000/ ... diasection
Question authority.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 24 Oct 2018, 20:55

this lady tweeted video of Alex Jones from the Trump/Cruz rally actually screaming at a pile of shit.
https://twitter.com/ENBrown/status/1054 ... 92/video/1
"go to Hell, Beto" :lol:
uggy poopy doody.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 28 Oct 2018, 08:14

The real conspiracy has been trying to convince people that Alex Jones is actually Bill Hicks, a concerted effort to make everyone forget that Bill Hicks played guitar in Gentle Giant.

"Quite."

Return to “Nextdoorland”