The demonisation of Jeremy Corbyn

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: The demonisation of Jeremy Corbyn

Postby clive gash » 08 Sep 2018, 12:47

Quite a leap of logic there. Did you see that on Press TV?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 08 Sep 2018, 12:51

Butch Manly wrote:Chuka Umunna to tell Corbyn to "call off the dogs" - the "dogs" being the party membership holding their MPs to account (and, oddly enough, taking a dim view of plotting, treachery and a general undermining of our chances at the next election). Yes, those dogs.

Are those the £3 a year paying, chanting half wits who all failed to turn up to Labour live, but are all in if there is a beating to be handed out? I still cannot understand the logic in allowing 5% of your voters to dictate policy and representation. It doesn't seem democratic. An you can do all that for £3? Brilliant!!!
You don't like me...do you?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 08 Sep 2018, 13:46

yomptepi wrote:
Butch Manly wrote:Chuka Umunna to tell Corbyn to "call off the dogs" - the "dogs" being the party membership holding their MPs to account (and, oddly enough, taking a dim view of plotting, treachery and a general undermining of our chances at the next election). Yes, those dogs.

Are those the £3 a year paying, chanting half wits who all failed to turn up to Labour live, but are all in if there is a beating to be handed out? I still cannot understand the logic in allowing 5% of your voters to dictate policy and representation. It doesn't seem democratic. An you can do all that for £3? Brilliant!!!

Are you talking about the braying hoorays honking about how they'd joined labour to vote for Corbyn?

That turned out well for them.

Twats
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 08 Sep 2018, 13:54

£3 wasn't for life, was it? It was just for one year. So they've either signed up as full members or buggered off.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 09 Sep 2018, 00:30

The Prof wrote:So Griff wouldn't be calling Chuka Umunna out if he was white?

Don't be ridiculous.

Did he try to say something mean about me? :lol:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 09 Sep 2018, 14:58

as I understand it, you and your fellow Commie Marxist Trots are bullying Chuka Umunna because he's black.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 09 Sep 2018, 15:03

The Prof wrote:as I understand it, you and your fellow Commie Marxist Trots are bullying Chuka Umunna because he's black.

I knew it.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Sep 2018, 23:43

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 20 Sep 2018, 10:15

Jimbo wrote:

That really backfired badly with people pointing out that Pollard was using anti-semitic tropes to accuse someone else of anti-semitism.

These people have destroyed their own credibility and have clearly shown this has nothing to do with anti-semitism, because they are perfectly happy to use anti-semitic tropes to attack Corbyn, it is entirely to do with their hatred of Jeremy Corbyn's politics.

This is hardly surprising as these people are all very right wing and right wing people don't have a great history of giving a shit about racism, unlike Corbyn.

Lately we have seen supposedly solidarity marches for Jewish communities with large Britain First and EDL presences, which again is hardly surprising if this is about right wing politics rather than racism.

We have seen Ultra Orthodox Rabbis who wrote a letter supporting Corbyn first being smeared as a fake organisation and fake people and then being ignored when that couldn't last in the face of their obvious reality. The Jewish Chronicle made one of those non-apology apologies after acting in a way that would be used as evidence of anti-semitism in anyone on the left.

We have seen Tories in the EU Parliament stand by anti-semitie Victor Orban's Hungarian government, bizarrely he is big mates with Netanyahu despite being a rather crass anti-semite and racist in a "enemy of my enemy" scenario. Not a peep from right wing Jews on that.

We have seen terror attacks on muslims go more or less unreported, another car attack on a Mosque yesterday no longer even on the Guardian front page.

The people who are so strident about calling out anti-semitism from the right are silent on racism against Muslims.

All goes to show this has nothing to do with anti-semitism or racism it is just an attack on left wing politics by the right.

They even used a poll that showed that 70% of Jewish people wouldn't vote for Corbyn's Labour party despite it being taken when Miliband was leader. It is hardly surprising that many Jewish people won't vote labour, even when the leader is Jewish, they are an ageing, wealthy, right wing demographic, they vote Tory and the majority have done for decades.

Down the rabbit hole, weaponising racism against the left. Luckily it doesn't appear to have much effect, sadly this is because politics in the UK is becoming as polarised as politics in the US and the sides do not listen to each other any more.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Sep 2018, 13:34

Corbyn's a piker. You want real Anti-semistism look no further than today's Ukraine.

Kiev’s Ivan Kudrya Street to become John McCain Street
Alex Boxman

Left: John McCain along side Oleh Tyahnybok, leader of the far right Svoboda party. Right: Oleh Tyahnybok giving a nazi salute.

Pyotr Poroshenko’s recent proposal to change the name of Kiev’s Ivan Kudrya street to John McCain Street betrays the hidden Nazi agenda among Ukraine’s junta.

Ivan Kudrya was Soviet Kiev’s hero during the fight against the Nazis during the Great Patriotic War (Second World War). He was an essential figure in the Kiev Resistance: he blew up a movie theatre full of German soldiers, derailed trains and when caught, was tortured and killed by the Gestapo.

He also fought against the Western Ukrainian nationalists and Nazi collaborators. Their descendants and followers now, those who want to “cleanse” Donbass and pro-Russian South-Eastern Ukraine, want to remove his name (along with the memory of that anti-fascist resistance) from Ukraine’s history books, which they are re-writing.

This time they have gone as far as suggesting that had the Germans not been “provoked” by the Resistance (and people like Ivan Kudrya) then tragedies such as Babi Yar (where the German Nazis killed 150 thousand Jews) supposedly wouldn’t have happened, as the Nazis wouldn’t have had to retaliate!

The fact that killing innocent people, one of the most horrific crimes of the Holocaust, cannot be called “retaliation” and even such a hypothesis is moral turpitude – doesn’t bother these Nazi apologists. But why doesn’t it bother their US “sponsors”?! Are McCain’s family members OK with his name being used as a tool in erasing the memory of those who stopped the Holocaust?

The following “explanation” was aired on Ukraine’s TV Channel 1 by its top host, BBC trained (!) former BBC World Service correspondent Mykola Veresen (real name Nikolai Sytnik). According to his diabolical “explanation” when Ivan Kudrya and other Red Army partisans started blowing up houses on the Khreshchatyk, the Germans decided that it was the Red Army’s NKVD.

“The Germans [thought]” – Veresen “explains,” – “that if you are NKVD, a Red, you are a Jew. And then they thought that the inhabitants of Kiev would treat it [the extermination of Jews] with favour. So the Germans then thought: we will now kill them all , and the people of Kiev will be not against that”, the TV host concluded his insane and blasphemous “hypothesis” of what caused the tragedy. In other words, the world should have submitted itself to the Nazis – then there wouldn’t have been any “losses.”

When the USSR, Britain, and America were allies in the most terrible war in human history, the Washington Post wrote:

One shudders to think what would have happened had the Red Army collapsed under the pressure of the German attackers, or if the Russian people had been less indomitable and courageous.”

British newspapers wrote:

Were it not for the Red Army, the fate of the free peoples of the world would be far more gloomy.”

Winston Churchill himself confirmed:

It was the Red Army that tore the guts out of the German war machine.”

But now what’s being written? Why do Russia’s former allies now align themselves with those in Ukraine who support former Fascist collaborators and sympathisers such as Stepan Bandera? Do McCain’s family or the Republicans, in general, approve the idea of his name being used by those who deny the Holocaust (along with denying the role of the Red Army in liberating Ukraine from the Nazis)?!

This position, stated by Veresen, was strongly criticised by the director of the Ukrainian Jewish Committee Eduard Dolinsky. His view has not been heard on Ukrainian or on US TV nor has it been published in the New York Times.

So, who is the Holocaust denier here and who is denying those honest Jewish voices in favour of pleasing Ukraine’s Nazis …perhaps because they are useful in fostering the new Cold War against Russia?
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 21 Sep 2018, 15:03

Jimbo wrote:

I don't like that guy's presenting style or his sycophantic sidekicks but he's spot on with this.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Sep 2018, 15:47

The Prof wrote: I don't like that guy's presenting style or his sycophantic sidekicks but he's spot on with this.

I get your criticism but as Jimmy himself often says the state of the media today is so bad we are forced to get our news from a YouTube "jag-off night club comedian."

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 21 Sep 2018, 15:55

He's just so irritatingly smug.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Sep 2018, 16:10

The Prof wrote:He's just so irritatingly smug.

Its a smugness born of being right time after time. Jimmy has a talent for seeing through the bullshit and hypocrisy and is a modern day hero to me and many more truth seekers. I never miss his videos nor not listen to his weekly podcast. I deeply appreciate that you see his point and I thank you for watching.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 21 Sep 2018, 16:48

I saw one he did about Labour politician Sarah Champion too. He hit the nail on the head there as well.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 25 Sep 2018, 23:19

The Prof wrote:He's just so irritatingly smug.

Are you sure he's not just American?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 06 Oct 2018, 14:44

"I get the picture: the Labour Party is antisemitic because it's adopted the code and all the examples BUT WITH A CAVEAT. The Tory Party is NOT antisemitic because it didn't adopt the code, then it did but without the examples and it doesn't apply to rank and file members."

- Michael Rosen on Twitter
Goatboy to Belle:

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 07 Oct 2018, 09:52

I am sure that is all very true. The problem Labour have is that the tory party is not tearing itself apart over antisemitism. In fact they are irrelevant in this discussion. Trying to drag them in just stinks of desperation.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 07 Oct 2018, 10:00

It's called context.
Goatboy to Belle:

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 07 Oct 2018, 10:04

Butch Manly wrote:It's called context.

It's called deflection.