Holidays

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Holidays

Postby Toby » 21 Jul 2018, 12:41

Where you going?

I'm off to Sicily next week for a fortnight and frankly cannot fucking wait.

CAN
hounds people off the board

Re: Holidays

Postby CAN » 21 Jul 2018, 12:57

I fancy Sicily too, either there or elsewhere in Italy - but I'll wait until mid September.

I understand it's not an option for many people to travel off season, but going just a little bit either side has so many advantages.
mission wrote:the self-satisfied smug cunts like that moron Copehead

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 21 Jul 2018, 13:10

Of course it does. Huge ones, mostly cost orientated

It's going to be savagely hot, but we're on the coast and the local village has a ludicrous amount of seafood on offer. Raw red prawns with lemons and then canoli afterwards.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 21 Jul 2018, 13:31

Won't decide until next week but I'm thinking of going to Cuba next year.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 21 Jul 2018, 13:41

A week in the Lake District and three days in London. We've had 5 days in Devon already.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 21 Jul 2018, 14:31

Three weeks in Iceland beginning of September
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 21 Jul 2018, 15:03

Pansy Puff wrote:A week in the Lake District and three days in London. We've had 5 days in Devon already.

and you didn't call in...

;)
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 21 Jul 2018, 15:49

Already been. Seven days in Montenegro.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 21 Jul 2018, 15:59

Sweating it out in So/Central TX! Not going nowhere—the cash we have is all tied up in more pressing matters, I’m afraid.

I’ll spend four days next week in a very air conditioned hotel ballroom in San Antonio for continuing education. Not really a holiday at all, but ... free coffee and soda water?
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 21 Jul 2018, 16:34

For various reasons the rest of the family have all been off here and there, but I have not. But planning a trip to see family in Beirut in November.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 21 Jul 2018, 16:44

Rayge wrote:
Pansy Puff wrote:A week in the Lake District and three days in London. We've had 5 days in Devon already.

and you didn't call in...

;)

Ah...

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 21 Jul 2018, 20:45

After completing my NQT year I am out of school for 6 weeks, and will spen 3 and half of them on holiday in Australia and New Zealand, undertaking a frantic itinerary to show off my homeland to my son.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 21 Jul 2018, 20:59

Alnmouth, up on the north east coast. We've had four years of going on holidays in the med, which largely consist of playing in the hotel pool with Tom, and my wife is really fed up with that. So we've reverted to holidaying in this country, which is fine by me, as the north-east coast is one of my favourite areas in the country. Unfortunately, we made a late decision to head there, so we've not got as nice a cottage as we used to get, but we're hoping we're basically only stopping there to sleep, and the rest of the time will be playing on beaches, swimming in the sea, visiting castles, and going on boat rides to see puffins and sea-lions. The latter two will happen whatever, the first two very much could be sheltering in pubs from howling wind and rain instead.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 21 Jul 2018, 21:16

Darkness_Fish wrote:Alnmouth, up on the north east coast. We've had four years of going on holidays in the med, which largely consist of playing in the hotel pool with Tom, and my wife is really fed up with that. So we've reverted to holidaying in this country, which is fine by me, as the north-east coast is one of my favourite areas in the country. Unfortunately, we made a late decision to head there, so we've not got as nice a cottage as we used to get, but we're hoping we're basically only stopping there to sleep, and the rest of the time will be playing on beaches, swimming in the sea, visiting castles, and going on boat rides to see puffins and sea-lions. The latter two will happen whatever, the first two very much could be sheltering in pubs from howling wind and rain instead.

When my lad was a few years old -3 or 4 - we had a brilliant trip up that way. The castles are brilliant, the beaches superb and you can see the stars.

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 22 Jul 2018, 01:48

I've just had three weeks off, one of which was spent in a cabin in the woods in northern Ontario, and the other two I just spent lazing around the house, eating and drinking and enjoying the leisurely life. Going back to work was so awful that I immediately bought a lottery ticket, which I never do. I didn't win. :(

I'm popping over to London for a frivolous few days in August, which should be fun and exhausting.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Jul 2018, 03:25

I was originally going up the north coast of California in the spring but I decided that I needed to hang around the house to make sure my transition into retirement went smooth. Good thing as my health insurance needed some tweeks to get it right. I've decided to hold off until September/October as rhe weather will be great and the hesvy tourist season will be over which means hotel prices will drop. It's my favorite part of the year to travel anyway. The proliferation of wildfires has kind of put a damper on vacations for me as well. I need to get to Texas again soon.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 22 Jul 2018, 05:03

Six String wrote:I need to get to Texas again soon.

Texas wants Six String!

(but really, you prolly wanna give it a few months)
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 22 Jul 2018, 08:50

Positive Passion wrote:After completing my NQT year I am out of school for 6 weeks, and will spen 3 and half of them on holiday in Australia and New Zealand, undertaking a frantic itinerary to show off my homeland to my son.

Oh, well done - primary or secondary? I've done 20 years in the primary sector now and am going to 4 days a week from September. At my age, it just takes too much out of me.

Finished Friday and straight to the airport to fly to Madrid. Yesterday we were up and out early to catch a train to Sanlucar de Barrameda on the Andalusian Atlantic coast. Brilliant little town. Tomorrow we head to Arcos de la Frontera then on to Nerja for the duration. Plan to read, rest and practise my Spanish. I may also catch up with Kid Presentable, Jumoer K and Yompy. What could possibly go wrong?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 22 Jul 2018, 09:47

Positive Passion wrote:After completing my NQT year I am out of school for 6 weeks, and will spen 3 and half of them on holiday in Australia and New Zealand, undertaking a frantic itinerary to show off my homeland to my son.

Well done for completing. Most of the time it is the greatest job in the world.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 22 Jul 2018, 10:13

Tonto Papadopoulos wrote:

Oh, well done - primary or secondary? I've done 20 years in the primary sector now and am going to 4 days a week from September. At my age, it just takes too much out of me.

I trained in primary but this year worked with KS3 SEN children