NO!
50%

Total votes: 16

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: yes or no?

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 18 Jul 2018, 15:33

ORORORO wrote:I'm honestly surprised at you, Mr. F

I haven’t eaten Kentucky Fried Chicken since I had a few pieces of “chicken” that, on closer inspection, were big hunks of white meat vaguely attached to some bones which served no obvious anatomical function. It’s a shame because I used to love that shit. My go to is Popeyes, but I only eat that about once every two years. My food lusts are pretty well in check.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 18 Jul 2018, 15:45

LeBaron wrote:So this is what Kentucky Fried serves up in Europe?

"FOR ONE WEEK ONLY"

apparently
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 18 Jul 2018, 16:46

That brown gloop looks fucking disgusting, but I'd eat it.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jul 2018, 16:52

LeBaron wrote:
ORORORO wrote:Waaaaaaay too much salt - it's all you end up tasting.

That’s a realization for after it’s all finished, when the crashing waves of remorse and self loathing wash away the temporary bliss.

:lol:

Very true.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jul 2018, 16:54

I went on a hike with my son a few years ago and afterwards we were pretty hungry so I ordered one of the below.

It only took a couple bites before I was nauseous and had to throw the rest away.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 18 Jul 2018, 18:29

I do eat everything in the photo. And I don't mind that it breaks the habit of wrapping everything in white bread.

But that particular combo of fried chicken, bacon, cheese & BBQ sauce together isn't really appealing. I like my fried chicken with a lot of black pepper, it goes well with mashed potatoes & gravy and some coleslaw.

I could imagine something LIKE that being good though. Replace the BBQ with gravy, and maybe a thin layer of cole slaw with not too much dressing so you have a bit of something green in there.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 18 Jul 2018, 18:32

sloopjohnc wrote:I went on a hike with my son a few years ago and afterwards we were pretty hungry so I ordered one of the below.

It only took a couple bites before I was nauseous and had to throw the rest away.

Yeah the fast food "giant" or "gourmet" burgers I have tried are foul. I had a McDonalds "angus steak" or something one time and it was like their normal burger patty but an inch thick with a big dose of artificial "angus" flavor.

They should stick to the regular burgers that are like a shmear of meat cream and cheese sauce on a bun. Astronaut food.

The one "fancy" thing I ever had at a McD, that was good, was their fried brie. I only saw it once at a McD in East Germany about a year and a half ago.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Jul 2018, 18:53

The McD 'signature' burgers they have in the UK now aren't half bad. I'd certainly have one of those in preference to that KFC monstrosity.

In the States you have the advantage of being able to get biscuits and gravy with your KFC - at least I think that's true. We had them for a while here in the 80s and they're great. Now it's just fries as a side, like with everything else you get here. We're a miserable country for food.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 18 Jul 2018, 19:03

The Beatles wrote:We're a miserable country for food.

What nonsense!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Jul 2018, 19:09

:x

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 18 Jul 2018, 19:10

You’re having a Masked Man moment. It will pass
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Jul 2018, 19:12

No, not at all.

I know the counter-arguments - we have the advantage of being an island, there's diversity, we've long since come out of the post-War rut of canned food/overcooked veg/fear of flavour - but generally you walk down any street in the UK and what's on offer is fucking terrible. I mean, really really bad.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jul 2018, 19:15

The only thing I get at KFC are the chicken little sandwiches. Sometimes I'll get cole slaw with it.

And yes, they still have biscuits and gravy.

Once in a great while, I'll get a pot pie. Those are good too.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 18 Jul 2018, 19:16

While I eat everything in the picture. I wouldn't dare buy it from a fast food place(haven't in 30 years unless you count pizza).

I could eat this but I would have to make it myself and it would be far down the list of what I prefer.

first problem is that I'm sure that is loaded with sugar and salt and then microwaved. yuk

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Jul 2018, 19:20

Goat Boy wrote:

What nonsense!

ANY country is miserable for food if you stick to crap chains.

I know you're anti-snobbery, but there's enough stuff between this and capsules that release lightly-scented lavender breath that's cheap, tasty, and even suitably decadent.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 18 Jul 2018, 19:23

toomanyhatz wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

What nonsense!

ANY country is miserable for food if you stick to crap chains.

well, DUH!

you've spent time in the UK, Dave, right?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 18 Jul 2018, 19:24

Of course. With a huge IPA with an ABV of about 10%

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 Jul 2018, 20:03

The Beatles wrote:No, not at all.

I know the counter-arguments - we have the advantage of being an island, there's diversity, we've long since come out of the post-War rut of canned food/overcooked veg/fear of flavour - but generally you walk down any street in the UK and what's on offer is fucking terrible. I mean, really really bad.

That’s just your lack of imagination.

There’s going to be at least one good Indian a passable Chinese and a half decent chippy within striking distance whoever you are and that’s a good start.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 Jul 2018, 20:08

Where we used to live there was a van that came once a week with a proper wood fired pizza oven. Did cracking pizza.

There’s a yearly food festival in the next village to us in Devon.

Most of the pubs do decent food these days - they can’t not do it or they’d be fucked.
If you lack the imagination or the funds there are all the us standards too of course.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Jul 2018, 20:30

"Native" UK food is largely crap (though kudos for inventing the sandwich), but so is native US food.

I've spent some time in the UK, yes. Maybe 3 or 4 weeks total in the last 10 years? I've never had too much trouble finding decent food. It helps that I generally prefer Asian food to Western food to start with.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Return to “Nextdoorland”