50%
NO!
50%

Total votes: 16

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: yes or no?

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 Jul 2018, 22:45

So, to sum up, you are wrong about everything.

See? That’s funny.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 19 Jul 2018, 22:51

PENK wrote:We do sometimes stop for burgers on the road and then we normally go to Sweden’s own hamburger chain Max. It just tastes and feels better than McDonald’s etc.

Those Swedish burgers sound great… driving through the pine trees down to the fjord(?), dodging bambis on the way…

I’ve found you can avoid the full-on “soiled” feeling that sets in post-McDonalds by cutting out the fries. They’re unnecessary anyway! I like the Filet-o-fish or whatever the fish sandwich is called at the moment.

PENK wrote:I think I’ve probably been to KFC about twice in my entire life.

KFC here in Further Spain is terrible. It tasted of white pepper, nothing else.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 20 Jul 2018, 07:03

sloopjohnc wrote:
LeBaron wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
A food court with "top" Swedish chefs?

Is this another poor joke based on a ham-fisted, shopworn cliche or are you actually surprised?

I was surprised that a "top" chef from anywhere, not just Swedish, is working in a food court. It's kind of a non-sequitur.

Oh, the chefs in question all have other restaurants and have made their names elsewhere but yeah, they’re all ”top” chefs. The Fäviken guy, who was in a couple of those Chef’s Table documentaries and gets in those ”World’s Top 50 Restaurants” lists, had a hot dog kiosk for a while, and there’s at least a couple of others with Michelin stars.

As for whether they actually work there well, probably not as much as at their other places but I’ve definitely recognised one or two of them manning the kitchens now and again.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Jul 2018, 15:03

sloopjohnc wrote:
LeBaron wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
A food court with "top" Swedish chefs?

Is this another poor joke based on a ham-fisted, shopworn cliche or are you actually surprised?

Nice to have you back and trolling again, Anna.

I didn't write this, JOHN. I haven't posted for weeks, I haven't been well. It's a real tonic to come here and feel your tenderness.
I wonder if you have a touch of the old affliction that still hangs around some of the BCB boys, that of disbelief that One Of The Good Boys could prod you independently of coercion, influence of THE WOMAN. He's never been the same since the wedding! TOXIC WIFE!
Surprise - Baron hasn't been dashed against any rocks after I lured his ship and he managed to write that all by himself.
Like gout, that disease seems to have flare ups but unlike gout, I don't know of a cure. I'm sure there are lots of people with vocal fry in your neck of the woods who would be happy to talk to you at length about internalised misogyny, but even I may find all that a bit heavy going.
Until next time, I remain etc.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 20 Jul 2018, 15:11

echolalia wrote:
PENK wrote:We do sometimes stop for burgers on the road and then we normally go to Sweden’s own hamburger chain Max. It just tastes and feels better than McDonald’s etc.

Those Swedish burgers sound great… driving through the pine trees down to the fjord(?), dodging bambis on the way…

They don’t have proper fjords here that I know of - maybe on the west coast - but I am in the fjärds now, about halfway up the east coast. I think a ”fjärd” is a bay with islands... don’t quote me on that though.
And believe me, a three-hour drive up the motorway with nothing but pine trees to look at is nothing to get excited about, hence the joy a fast-food pit stop can bring.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 20 Jul 2018, 15:14

Minnie the Minx wrote:I didn't write this, JOHN. I haven't posted for weeks, I haven't been well. It's a real tonic to come here and feel your tenderness.
I wonder if you have a touch of the old affliction that still hangs around some of the BCB boys, that of disbelief that One Of The Good Boys could prod you independently of coercion, influence of THE WOMAN. He's never been the same since the wedding! TOXIC WIFE!
Surprise - Baron hasn't been dashed against any rocks after I lured his ship and he managed to write that all by himself.
Like gout, that disease seems to have flare ups but unlike gout, I don't know of a cure. I'm sure there are lots of people with vocal fry in your neck of the woods who would be happy to talk to you at length about internalised misogyny, but even I may find all that a bit heavy going.
Until next time, I remain etc.

Yes, about that internalized misogyny, John.
We're going to have to have a word...

Return to “Nextdoorland”