I'm on a diet

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

I'm on a diet

Postby Jimbo » 01 Jul 2018, 14:31

Went for my annual check-up here. (BTW, basic check ups here are encouraged and paid for by the government. No co-pay.) In the final consultation with the doctor the word himan kept popping up. It means obese. I know in the US that means you are more than just fat but here where a 46 regular sport coat can not be bought off the rack in any shop it still means I'm too fat. So I'm on a diet. I'm aiming for a full on Atkins diet (Eat all the roast chicken you want. Even the skin!) but even after two days some nuts, an apple and a few other no-nos have crawled into my mouth. But I haven't had a slice of bread or a bowl of rice. I have had at least a dozen eggs and a couple of cans of mackerel. Funny how just a few years ago eggs were considered poison. Now that's all been flipped. Fats like butter and cheese are now okay but what are butter and cheese without bread? :( Anyway, if I eliminate bread and rice from my daily menu I think in a month or two I might be able to go from himan to He Man! Wish me luck.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

pcqgod

Re: I'm on a diet

Postby pcqgod » 01 Jul 2018, 21:59

Good luck with that. I had to do that earlier this year when my blood pressure went out of control. I've discovered that I can only take a diet so far before I start hating food and hating life. So I reward myself from time to time but stick with healthier eating options as much as possible.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Jul 2018, 17:36

I have changed around my diet substantially in the last six months. The only meat I eat is chicken and for snacks, it's mainly nuts and fruit. At dinner, I have a couple pieces of toast dipped in olive oil with a couple sticks of celery. You get used to it.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Jul 2018, 04:59

And old friend flew in to visit last night and he and I went out to celebrate and found ourselves in a yakitori (skewered chicken) place, perfect food for my diet. What to drink however perplexed me. It probably set me back but three Jim Beam double highballs couldn't have helped but it sure was fun. :D
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Jul 2018, 22:33

Typical lunch: four or five baby carrots and cherry tomatoes, each, dipped in hummus and then some chicken with lettuce wrapped in pita bread with some salsa.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 04 Jul 2018, 00:01

I'm still on the see food diet. When I see food, I eat it.

Come to think of it, I'm on the see beer diet too.
Coan wrote:'Vertigo' is one of the best things U2 have ever done, one of a handful of occasions where they get it just right. That bit near the end where the song lifts off? You don't get that with The Allman Brothers.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 04 Jul 2018, 03:20

For breakfast I accidentally made sukiyaki and it was delish! I found a 400g pack of thinly sliced beef in the freezer. I defrosted the meat in the microwave. Then in a wok I stir fried a stalk of celery and a small onion, then chucked in the meat with some salt, pepper and a squirt of liquid sugar. Then I thought how I'd also chuck in some scrambled egg and make a kind of hash out of it all so I scrambled two eggs in a bowl. Lastly, in a fit of inspiration, instead of adding the egg to the mess in the wok I chucked the hot mess into the bowl of raw egg. Slurpy, meaty goodness. So maybe the sugar was not on the diet but it was just a tablespoon and the veggies are supposedly not to be had on the first two weeks of the diet but too bad, but all that protein and no starch at all and I feel stuffed - on sukiyaki! Life could be a lot worse. :D