what do you think of this?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
ORORORO
hounds people off the board

what do you think of this?

Postby ORORORO » 25 Jun 2018, 14:30

the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

Jimbo

Re: what do you think of this?

Postby Jimbo » 25 Jun 2018, 15:48

Pride Month!!!

Ooh, celebrating the seven deadly sins. I love it! Envy Month, Sloth Month, Gluttony Month, Wrath Month, Greed Month and my favorite, Lust Month! grrrowww!

Wikipedia: The Catholic Church used the concept of the deadly sins in order to help people curb their inclination towards evil before dire consequences and misdeeds could occur; the leader-teachers especially focused on pride (which is thought to be the sin that severs the soul from Grace,[5] and the one that is representative and the very essence of all evil) and greed, both of which are seen as inherently sinful and as underlying all other sins to be prevented
Gadfly

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 25 Jun 2018, 16:01

I'm kind of surprised this was an apparent lead news item, but it's an obvious case of discrimination to ask her and no one else for ID.
This whole who uses the bathroom thing strikes me as a bit weird anyway: it's not like it's Roman-style communal defecation, they have individual stalls and lockable doors in there.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 25 Jun 2018, 16:47

The male attendant then enters the ladies after her.

Ooops.
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 25 Jun 2018, 17:09

I'm not aware of what the rules are regarding this but I guess the attendant looked at her her and thought "you're a man" therefore you shouldn't be using the female rest room hence why they asked her for ID. I can understand why that would be upsetting but the attendant is just trying to do what they see as their job I guess (the rules may accommodate this but perhaps they never knew). It sounds like it was very badly handled after that which made an awkward situation even worse when some sensitivity could have been applied.
Diamond Dog wrote:Everyone else hates us.

Fuck you all.

We won.

The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 25 Jun 2018, 17:13

Goat Boy wrote:I'm not aware of what the rules are regarding this but I guess the attendant looked at her her and thought "you're a man" therefore you shouldn't be using the female rest room hence why they asked her for ID. I can understand why that would be upsetting but the attendant is just trying to do what they see as their job I guess (the rules may accommodate this but perhaps they never knew). It sounds like it was very badly handled after that which made an awkward situation even worse when some sensitivity could have been applied.

And then she called the cops. She's lucky they didn't shoot her.
Gadfly

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 26 Jun 2018, 09:06

Samoan wrote:The male attendant then enters the ladies.

Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 26 Jun 2018, 09:32

I don't understand why all this has become such a charged issue in recent times really. I do struggle to see it as some kind of "human rights abuse".

ORORORO
hounds people off the board

Postby ORORORO » 26 Jun 2018, 09:33

Only me who got a couple of laughs out of it then :oops:
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs