hotels

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17960
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: hotels

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 25 Jun 2018, 21:44

okay OKAY OKAY! :D
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62570
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: hotels

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Jun 2018, 22:17

ORORORO wrote:okay OKAY OKAY! :D


You have to be selective. All owners show photos of their places in a great light. It's important to read the reviews on AirBnB, with the caveat that many people don't expect a whole helluva lot sometimes.

For example, for this year's trip, I'm renting a place up at the Russian River. If they say it's on the river, I want to see pics of their dock and path down to the river. If they don't have that, it's a no go.

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42895
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: hotels

Postby LeBaron » 25 Jun 2018, 22:20

ORORORO wrote:okay OKAY OKAY! :D


I saw all of this playing out in slow motion as soon as I read your post! Surprised you gave up so quickly! :lol:
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17960
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: hotels

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 25 Jun 2018, 22:24

Oh I stand by what I wrote! I've heard all kinds of horror stories.
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4351
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: hotels

Postby echolalia » 26 Jun 2018, 00:00

I read this survey of the "worst ten air bnb experiences" or suchlike and it was hair-raising. The worst one was where the guests discovered a dead body in the garden.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62570
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: hotels

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Jun 2018, 00:50

echolalia wrote:I read this survey of the "worst ten air bnb experiences" or suchlike and it was hair-raising. The worst one was where the guests discovered a dead body in the garden.


You guys don't think any of this stuff happens in hotels?

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42895
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: hotels

Postby LeBaron » 26 Jun 2018, 01:18

So what you’re saying is that you’re in favor of “airbnb”?
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17960
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: hotels

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 26 Jun 2018, 01:21

:)

I think he has SHARES in AirBnB
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62570
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: hotels

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Jun 2018, 03:52

LeBaron wrote:So what you’re saying is that you’re in favor of “airbnb”?


I like both, but the accusations being made against AirBnB are the same ones people have made through the years about shitty hotels.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62570
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: hotels

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Jun 2018, 03:57

ORORORO wrote::)

I think he has SHARES in AirBnB


It's privately held.

User avatar
LeBaron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 42895
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: hotels

Postby LeBaron » 26 Jun 2018, 03:59

sloopjohnc wrote:
ORORORO wrote::)

I think he has SHARES in AirBnB


It's privately held.


Take THAT, COAN
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17960
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: hotels

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 26 Jun 2018, 05:38

oh you're in this together, eh? shameless!
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15268
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: hotels

Postby Jimbo » 26 Jun 2018, 07:44

One complaint some Japanese have about the now burgeoning AirBnB here is the clackkity-clack of suitcases rolling down formerly quite sidewalks,
Gadfly

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17960
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: hotels

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 26 Jun 2018, 09:05

Surprised it hasn't been outlawed there too.

FUCK AIRBNB
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 865
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: hotels

Postby Robert » 26 Jun 2018, 09:35

Mostly business. Never complained as I never had a situation to do so.
When I fist started working where travel was involved the company had a policy to always take Marriot
and I have mostly kept that up, unless local contacts would recommend something better/ nicer/ more convenient.

I could live in a hotel I think.


The longest I stayed at one and the same hotel have been in Mexico City and Johannesburg where I both spent 3 weeks.
Mexico was because of an acute problem with high stocks we had in the US and a market that came crashing down that needed
to be offloaded in Mexico.


Johannesburg was one of my first longer trips. My Boss took me with him as I had done a few good deals in the months before. He'd usually go there for a month and spend 2 weeks playing golf. We went for four weeks including a few days at the Kruger park. The grand total of customers visited in that period was six or seven. The rest of the time we were farting around.

Now that I think of it: When I was 25 orso I got a job in Geneva where the company put me up in a hotel for 3 months before they moved me to an appartment. Not a very impressive hotel but I was hardly there. At the company there were a few English guys my age. The company had odd working hours ( 10.00- 19.00, with a two hour break) so we'd usually have excessive lunches and after work we'd hang around in bars.

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23146
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Re: hotels

Postby Toby » 26 Jun 2018, 09:39

ORORORO wrote:Surprised it hasn't been outlawed there too.

FUCK AIRBNB


Why?

I think hotels are one sector that needed a massive shake up.

User avatar
Eddie Shah environment
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17960
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: hotels

Postby Eddie Shah environment » 26 Jun 2018, 09:48

You didn't hear about what happened in Berlin?

And that's just one place. It's a blight.
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22996
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: hotels

Postby Deebank » 26 Jun 2018, 09:52

sloopjohnc wrote:
echolalia wrote:I read this survey of the "worst ten air bnb experiences" or suchlike and it was hair-raising. The worst one was where the guests discovered a dead body in the garden.


You guys don't think any of this stuff happens in hotels?


While I hesitate to mention it, just the 'spunk-stained mattress' thing...

I mean, you're hardly likely to book an AIrBnB for a casual sexual liaison.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4351
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: hotels

Postby echolalia » 26 Jun 2018, 10:47

Deebank wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
echolalia wrote:I read this survey of the "worst ten air bnb experiences" or suchlike and it was hair-raising. The worst one was where the guests discovered a dead body in the garden.


You guys don't think any of this stuff happens in hotels?


While I hesitate to mention it, just the 'spunk-stained mattress' thing...

I mean, you're hardly likely to book an AIrBnB for a casual sexual liaison.

Then there are the hidden cameras...

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62570
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: hotels

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Jun 2018, 13:44

LeBaron wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
ORORORO wrote::)

I think he has SHARES in AirBnB


It's privately held.


Take THAT, COAN


:lol: