Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby C » 17 Jun 2018, 14:38

The difference between 7 and 2 is 5

Your turn




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8514
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Pansy Puff » 17 Jun 2018, 15:10

And so 7mod5 = 2
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

Positive Passion
Posts: 643
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Positive Passion » 17 Jun 2018, 15:19

7 x 2 =14
7 + 2 = 9
7 ÷ 2 = 3.5
7 to the power of 2 = 49

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51115
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Butch Manly » 17 Jun 2018, 16:46

7 and 2 are both prime numbers.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby C » 17 Jun 2018, 17:42

When writing the digits conventionally, both 2 and 7 can be written with one pencil stroke without taking the implement from the paper





.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
NMB
Posts: 4668
Joined: 22 Jun 2005, 20:46
Location: Darkest Surrey

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby NMB » 17 Jun 2018, 18:36

Seven is an anagram of evens, which is the set of numbers divisible by two.
turn on, tune in, nod off

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8514
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Pansy Puff » 17 Jun 2018, 18:37

7^2=49 whereas 2^7=128. Shows that powers are more, er, powerful as they increase.

The only integer powers that are equal when swapped are 4^2 and 2^4.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8514
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Pansy Puff » 17 Jun 2018, 18:39

NMB wrote:Seven is an anagram of evens, which is the set of numbers divisible by two.

Very nice.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby C » 17 Jun 2018, 20:07

2 and 7 are factors of 28

14 is a multiple of both 2 and 7







.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 6601
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby John aka Josh » 17 Jun 2018, 20:27

2 is a homophone while seven isn't.


Two is respectable whereas 7 is scary, given to cannibalistic tendencies with a preference for three squared meals daily.
Image

Positive Passion
Posts: 643
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Positive Passion » 17 Jun 2018, 20:55

If you turn a 2 the other way up and straighten the curved bit, you get a 7.

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8514
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Pansy Puff » 17 Jun 2018, 21:08

John aka Josh wrote:2 is a homophone while seven isn't.


Two is respectable whereas 7 is scary, given to cannibalistic tendencies with a preference for three squared meals daily.

Of course! Because 7 8 9. :D
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby C » 17 Jun 2018, 22:15

the sum of 72 and 27 is 99 which is a multiple of 11.

Let's try that with another couple of digits - say 4 and 1.

41 add 14 is 55 which is also a multiple of 11

Let's look at more examples

84+48 = 132 which is a multiple of 11

22 + 22 = 44 yes!

37 + 73 = 110 yes!

Why will this always be true...?







.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8514
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Pansy Puff » 17 Jun 2018, 22:23

Hey, you know what's weird. The difference between those pairs of numbers you've generated is always a multiple of 9!

eg 41 - 14 = 27
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14785
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby The Red Heifer » 18 Jun 2018, 00:43

7 2 is a shit hand to be dealt in TEXAS HOLD THEM P WORD GAME
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 52847
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 Jun 2018, 04:16

Image

What the FUCK are you talking about?
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Positive Passion
Posts: 643
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Positive Passion » 18 Jun 2018, 06:21

Pansy Puff wrote:Hey, you know what's weird. The difference between those pairs of numbers you've generated is always a multiple of 9!

eg 41 - 14 = 27


22 and 22?

Positive Passion
Posts: 643
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Positive Passion » 18 Jun 2018, 06:27

C wrote:the sum of 72 and 27 is 99 which is a multiple of 11.

Let's try that with another couple of digits - say 4 and 1.

41 add 14 is 55 which is also a multiple of 11

Let's look at more examples

84+48 = 132 which is a multiple of 11

22 + 22 = 44 yes!

37 + 73 = 110 yes!

Why will this always be true...?

.

Because you will always have equal numbers of tens and units.

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8514
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby Pansy Puff » 18 Jun 2018, 07:09

Positive Passion wrote:
Pansy Puff wrote:Hey, you know what's weird. The difference between those pairs of numbers you've generated is always a multiple of 9!

eg 41 - 14 = 27


22 and 22?

=0 which is 0×9
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 50005
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Maths is not elitist or difficult - HAVE A GO!! Say something about 7 and 2

Postby C » 18 Jun 2018, 08:59

Positive Passion wrote:
C wrote:the sum of 72 and 27 is 99 which is a multiple of 11.

Let's try that with another couple of digits - say 4 and 1.

41 add 14 is 55 which is also a multiple of 11

Let's look at more examples

84+48 = 132 which is a multiple of 11

22 + 22 = 44 yes!

37 + 73 = 110 yes!

Why will this always be true...?

.

Because you will always have equal numbers of tens and units.


Yes, good lad - keep going....




.
neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x