Don't say I didn't tell ya. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Don't say I didn't tell ya. . .

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Jun 2018, 21:19

The Pacific Pinball Museum is selling some of their surplus machines on June 23rd.

https://www.pacificpinball.org/games?mc ... 4bd6e73e0c
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: Don't say I didn't tell ya. . .

Postby Snarfyguy » 14 Jun 2018, 21:25

Wow!

I would love to have one. Nowhere to put it though, in a 900 sq. ft. apartment. Plus how do you even keep those things maintained? I suppose in a big city there are people who service them.

Some of the older games are kind of boring, though, with only a few bumpers and targets. But the art is mostly great!

A guy can dream...
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 15 Jun 2018, 00:48

I can remember when pinball was a nickle a play. And what sound is better than the free game knock! But having my own machine would be a bore. I'd miss the thrill of stealing change from my sleeping old man's trousers.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 15 Jun 2018, 02:51

Oh man, just one more thing I need to think about! (Thanks sloop.) There are a few I really would like. In this hipster world we live in, i can just imagine a bunch of people lining up to buy the ones I want. The only thing worse is if no one wants the ones I want -- then I actually have to consider getting them and transporting them!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Jun 2018, 13:52

This is a great place, by the way. You can pay $5 and play any and all of the machines. I have a high school buddy who goes to their pints and pinball events. And two doors down, they have an iconic Bay Area burger and pie restaurant, www.nationsrestaurants.com

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 15 Jun 2018, 13:58

Back in my uni days, at our campus pub, we had quite a few machines. I was a champ at Xenon. I'd put in a quarter, rack up 99 credits (that was the max), sell them off for 6 beer, and when the louts were done, I'd do it again. It would cost me $2-$3 for a whole night out.

:D

Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 15 Jun 2018, 14:37

sloopjohnc wrote:This is a great place, by the way. You can pay $5 and play any and all of the machines. I have a high school buddy who goes to their pints and pinball events. And two doors down, they have an iconic Bay Area burger and pie restaurant, http://www.nationsrestaurants.com

Yeah they have a few on the east coast also. The one in Long branch is the same pay a fee and play all machines for an hour. Living most of my summer on the jersey shore spent hours and hours playing pinball. Then I've made it a custom of finding some pinball machines every summer. It got very hard until a few years ago when it made a comeback and now these pinball museums! We had a pinball machine in our basement for a year or two in the 70's
but it always broke so we got rid of it.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Jun 2018, 21:44

Quaco wrote:Oh man, just one more thing I need to think about! (Thanks sloop.) There are a few I really would like. In this hipster world we live in, i can just imagine a bunch of people lining up to buy the ones I want. The only thing worse is if no one wants the ones I want -- then I actually have to consider getting them and transporting them!

Dude, you are the OG as far as hipsters. No one is going to bite your wild style.

For all the crap I give you about cravats, I genuinely admire your unique fashion style. I wouldn't or couldn't get away with it, but it works for you.

And I got my own sleeveless tee and shorts thing goin'.