Anthony Bourdain RIP

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: Anthony Bourdain RIP

Postby Jimbo » 08 Jun 2018, 23:36

Copehead wrote:
mentalist (slight return) wrote:That's really sad. Rest in peace. I've always wanted to have a Uruguayan chivito since watching his show. Not warthog anus though.

Unwashed warthog anus; the best sort probably.

Hey, I said I was sorry.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 08 Jun 2018, 23:44

Jimbo wrote:
Copehead wrote:
mentalist (slight return) wrote:That's really sad. Rest in peace. I've always wanted to have a Uruguayan chivito since watching his show. Not warthog anus though.

Unwashed warthog anus; the best sort probably.

Hey, I said I was sorry.

You've probably had it Jimbo; they go big on rectum and anus at Korean BBQ and Yakitori joints, usually under the translation "anal meats".

It is a bit tasteless, incredibly chewy and white, not my favourite, I prefer the small intestine.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 09 Jun 2018, 00:48

I’ve a couple of friends who are struggling at the moment, and I worry that something bad will happen.
I’m there for them, and I think they know that, and that I am sincere, but I worry it won’t be enough, of what ever they need at the time that they need it the most.
They’re intelligent, and have access to whatever resources this (NHS) country has to offer. But somehow, in 2018, that might not be enough.

These celeb rich folk are no different. The only difference is, they’ll make the headlines if something bad happens. My friends would be a footnote.

Modern life is tough, whatever your demographic.

What can we do?
(And I don’t ask that question cynically, or rhetorically. I know there’s something we could do, but I/we/society hasn’t nailed it yet).
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 09 Jun 2018, 01:08

I always enjoyed when I caught one of his shows on the box, unfortunately that wasn't as often as I could, but he was excellent at what he did, and reading the stories on twitter of people who met him and the genuine interest he showed in the life of the average guy in front of him was heartwarming. The guy certainly knew his way around a withering insult too, his words on Henry Kissinger and Cambodia were amazing.

Rest in peace
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 09 Jun 2018, 09:46

RIP Mr. B. Hard not to like someone who today's Times' obit says made the playing of Billy Joel in his kitchen a sackable offence.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 09 Jun 2018, 13:42

Jimbo wrote:Hey, I said I was sorry.

You can say that again.

"Quite."

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Jun 2019, 12:37

A year.
:(
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?