Bernie

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sneelock

Re: Bernie

Postby sneelock » 24 May 2018, 18:39

Well, I certainly defer to you in matters of moral superiority & inflexibility! :p
TuckerCrowe wrote:Is irony your answer to everything ?

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 24 May 2018, 18:54

...and I to you in matters of passive aggression.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 24 May 2018, 19:09

:lol: we all need our little hobbies.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 24 May 2018, 20:50

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Yeah, I got a solicitation Bernie email for his senate bid and balked. I want to know more. I'm assuming from your post he will take the DNC, DNCCC, etc., corporate money and, naturally, individuals' donations. If he does take the corporate money that would be a mark against him but not a deal killer. If he whittles down his progressive proposals, well, that'd probably be the end of our relationship. He also needs to come out more forcefully against the MIC and our arrogant foreign policy a la Jimmy Carter.

He did the same thing over the last two election cycles, so I wouldn’t worry about the influence of money changing him.

But that hypocrisy here is the Senatorial coronation he clearly is planning on. He’s essentially denying resources to a competitor from the Democratic party, using them himself - THEN claiming independence.

The fact that he’d already done this twice before complaining about the DNC favoring Clinton is especially galling. He clearly has no great worry that the people of his state haven’t spoken yet.

He's kind of like Young in CSNY. Use the benefits of the supergroup's immense profile, but always remaining independent and leaving the group whenever he feels like it. :mrgreen:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 24 May 2018, 20:51

and never comb the hair under any circumstances.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 May 2018, 21:19

Quaco wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Yeah, I got a solicitation Bernie email for his senate bid and balked. I want to know more. I'm assuming from your post he will take the DNC, DNCCC, etc., corporate money and, naturally, individuals' donations. If he does take the corporate money that would be a mark against him but not a deal killer. If he whittles down his progressive proposals, well, that'd probably be the end of our relationship. He also needs to come out more forcefully against the MIC and our arrogant foreign policy a la Jimmy Carter.

He did the same thing over the last two election cycles, so I wouldn’t worry about the influence of money changing him.

But that hypocrisy here is the Senatorial coronation he clearly is planning on. He’s essentially denying resources to a competitor from the Democratic party, using them himself - THEN claiming independence.

The fact that he’d already done this twice before complaining about the DNC favoring Clinton is especially galling. He clearly has no great worry that the people of his state haven’t spoken yet.

He's kind of like Young in CSNY. Use the benefits of the supergroup's immense profile, but always remaining independent and leaving the group whenever he feels like it. :mrgreen:

I prefer to think of him as Carmelo Anthony.

WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 24 May 2018, 23:26

Of course! Like, who the hell is Neil Young?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 24 May 2018, 23:50

This is from Sander’s Wikipedia entry:

Sanders entered the race for the U.S. Senate on April 21, 2005, after Senator Jim Jeffords announced that he would not seek a fourth term. Chuck Schumer, chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, endorsed Sanders, a critical move as it meant that no Democrat running against Sanders could expect to receive financial help from the party. Sanders was also endorsed by Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and Democratic National Committee chairman and former Vermont governor Howard Dean. Dean said in May 2005 that he considered Sanders an ally who "votes with the Democrats 98 percent of the time."[105] Then-Senator Barack Obama also campaigned for Sanders in Vermont in March 2006.[106] Sanders entered into an agreement with the Democratic Party, much as he had as a congressman, to be listed in their primary but to decline the nomination should he win, which he did.[1

Apparently Bernie didn’t mind the DNC choosing it’s preferred candidates when they did it for him.

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 25 May 2018, 05:50

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Of course! Like, who the hell is Neil Young?

He used to be in a band with Rick James, motherfucker.
king of the divan

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 25 May 2018, 08:57

Davey, simple question. Do you have a thing against progressives? I see where you are going with Bernie here and maybe he did some weasley things to get where he's gotten but if JC (not Watts) came back and ran as clean a race was ever run on a liberal platform that only He could propose, would you mind?
Gadfly

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 25 May 2018, 16:03

Jimbo wrote:Davey, simple question. Do you have a thing against progressives? I see where you are going with Bernie here and maybe he did some weasley things to get where he's gotten but if JC (not Watts) came back and ran as clean a race was ever run on a liberal platform that only He could propose, would you mind?

I DO have a thing against progressives. But it isn’t their progressivism that irks me. It is their hypocrisy.

We just spent that entire primary with folks (including you) hyperventilating about the DNC’s favoritism for Clinton. Meanwhile it was completely ignored that Sanders had benefited from (and even participated in negotiating deals to benefit from) the same exact thing.

Glad that you have discovered the fact that politics actually has some politics in it. Maybe we can all learn from this.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 25 May 2018, 17:13

more trouble in Bernie Town.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/ ... ges-607330
I think one thing is certain -- just as the Dems can no longer take certain "voting blocks" for granted, neither can the so-called Progressives.

I think it's going to be really hard getting the Dems ducks in a row this time out. maybe the hardest ever.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 25 May 2018, 17:57

For sure. Which is tragic, given that this is the moment we need to be united more than ever.

Hope we find a candidate who can thread the needle.

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 08 Jun 2018, 18:47

Bernie has a problem with Tom Perez & so do I.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... ent-628696

Just the other day Tom bragged of being “scrupulously neutral” and not taking sides in the primary process. Now, days later, he is pubically & forcefully supporting one side in a contentious race.

I think Perez & the DNC want to say they are impartial while not actively being impartial. This is called having your cake and eating it too. Bernie might look he slept standing up but I think he’s in a good position to call the DNC on this sort of thing.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 08 Jun 2018, 21:09

They should just drop the language about being impartial from their charter. They aren’t fully impartial- and they really shouldn’t be.

The party ought to be pushing against the factions within the party trying to game the primary process. Remember Sharon Angle and Christine “I’m not a witch” O’Donnell? The GOP lost Senate seats they could have won by not getting involved.

The party ought to do everything in its power to make sure all of its candidates are viable in a general election.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Jun 2018, 23:20

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
The party ought to do everything in its power to make sure all of its candidates are viable in a general election.

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper attended the Bilderburg conference this year and Bilderburg watchers say that is where future presidents get the nod. Both Bill and Hillary Clinton were attendees in the past. Bernie has not been.
Gadfly

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 08 Jun 2018, 23:31

you've got to admit it -- "President Hickenlooper" is fun to say.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 08 Jun 2018, 23:32

He knows beer.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 09 Jun 2018, 14:12

Love Bernie but he shouldnt run. Too old and too white.
Castle Tour 2018 - Pfalzgrafenstein Castle, Germany

Best of 2017 - Non Concert

Best of 2017 - Concert

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 09 Jun 2018, 15:39

If he’s running, it won’t be as a Democrat.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/39 ... a-democrat