Wedding

Postby Fonz » 16 May 2018, 11:02

No dads turning up for feast.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

hippopotamus

Re: Wedding

Postby hippopotamus » 18 May 2018, 10:28

I really want to understand what this means.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 18 May 2018, 11:04

It’s fine, someone else’s dad is stepping in.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 May 2018, 11:13

As Meghan has Charles to walk her down the aisle now, one can only hope Harry's Dad turns up at some stage.
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 18 May 2018, 11:22

I take it back... I didn't want to know what this is about.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 May 2018, 11:41

There's a debate of here if our national station should show the wedding or not. It's quite funny some of the reactions, the most common quote of "they're not out royal family, why should be care?" is just laced with historical british resentment.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Samoan

Re: Wedding White Male Chauvinism Celebration

Postby Samoan » 18 May 2018, 11:50

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/18/prince-charles-to-walk-meghan-markle-down-aisle

What the F is Feckless Sausage Fingers doing muscling in on the action ?

They clearly don't want Mrs Ragland, a woman and a woman of colour prominently unwhitening the main photos and television footage.

Queen Victoria gave away two of her daughters at their weddings so there is a clear precedent for a woman to fulfil the role
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

Dr Markus

Re: Wedding White Male Chauvinism Celebration

Postby Dr Markus » 18 May 2018, 11:53

Samoan wrote:
They clearly don't want Mrs Ragland, a woman and a woman of colour prominently unwhitening the main photos and television footage.

Queen Victoria gave away two of her daughters at their weddings so there is a clear precedent for a woman to fulfil the role

You got all of that, from that article?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2018, 17:43

I saw something on Twitter kinda funny.

"I thought we fought a revolutionary war so we didn't have to pay attention to this crap."

My sentiments exactly. People over here are actually planning on waking up at 4 in the morning to watch this shit.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 18 May 2018, 17:56

sloopjohnc wrote:My sentiments exactly. People over here are actually planning on waking up at 4 in the morning to watch this shit.

Not all Californians -

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/18/royal-wedding-meghan-markle-la-black-community-response

"The only glitch: few here seem to care. The build up to Saturday’s ceremony at Windsor Castle has generated less buzz than a pile-up on the 405 highway."
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

caramba

Postby caramba » 18 May 2018, 18:13

There's nothing like a bit of perspective is there?

10 people are murdered by a nutcase in a school shooting in Texas and it is relegated to second on the TV news behind the nuptuals of the fifth in line to the British throne.

The world truly has gone mad.

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 18 May 2018, 18:17

Oh I'll be walking through the streets in my Union Jack suit, tossing crumpet to the people on the street and wishing them "cheerio old boy!", as I always do on Pete Townshend's birthday.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2018, 18:23

Samoan wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:My sentiments exactly. People over here are actually planning on waking up at 4 in the morning to watch this shit.

Not all Californians -

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/18/royal-wedding-meghan-markle-la-black-community-response

"The only glitch: few here seem to care. The build up to Saturday’s ceremony at Windsor Castle has generated less buzz than a pile-up on the 405 highway."

While she grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood in LA, Windsor Hills, it's an affluent neighborhood. She also grew up in Hollywood

She went to Northwestern and Boston University, so she's no dummy. You gotta be smart (and rich) to get into both..

She didn't grow up in Compton and cruise Crenshaw on Friday nights so there might be a reason for the dissociation.

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 18 May 2018, 18:54

Word.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2018, 18:56

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Word.

:lol:

Just keepin' it one hunny.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 18 May 2018, 19:13

sloopjohnc wrote:
Samoan wrote:

Not all Californians -

While she grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood in LA, Windsor Hills, it's an affluent neighborhood. She also grew up in Hollywood

She went to Northwestern and Boston University, so she's no dummy. You gotta be smart (and rich) to get into both..

She didn't grow up in Compton and cruise Crenshaw on Friday nights so there might be a reason for the dissociation.

Thank you for your contribution.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 18 May 2018, 20:19

sloopjohnc wrote:I saw something on Twitter kinda funny.

"I thought we fought a revolutionary war so we didn't have to pay attention to this crap."

My sentiments exactly. People over here are actually planning on waking up at 4 in the morning to watch this shit.

It goes without saying that the Royals are popular. Harry is by far the most popular one of the lot. He's marrying a fairly glamorous and famous woman from America (I hadn't heard of her in all honesty). So the attention is understandable. People like weddings because they're the apogee of a couple's love and, actually, they're usually very nice affairs.

You fought a revolutionary war to have a orange cock in a wig rule you.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 18 May 2018, 20:38

Hoorah!

Toby’s here to kiss royal arse - three cheers and rule Britannia!
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 18 May 2018, 20:46

Oh jog on Greg.

I'm not here to do such a thing - I'm merely pointing out the reality of such things. If the Royals were genuinely unpopular and no-one liked them, then it wouldn't take place. In all honesty I find the flag-waving crowds of such pageantry a bit nauseating and it's certainly not an event I would ever dream of going to and watching. But lots of people find great enjoyment in doing so, and good luck to them.

ORORORO
hounds people off the board

Postby ORORORO » 18 May 2018, 20:48

As usual, not sure what's more tiresome - the halfwit 'ooh it's all over our front pages - it's only a fucking wedding - they should pay for it themselves' response, or the mindless deferential defence of all this nonsense.
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs