I hear some people died in Gaza

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: I hear some people died in Gaza

Postby Goat Boy » 02 Jun 2018, 12:18

Here's a 10,000 word alternative view and five youtube videos.

Open your mind sheeple!
Last edited by Goat Boy on 02 Jun 2018, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond Dog wrote:Everyone else hates us.

Fuck you all.

We won.

The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 02 Jun 2018, 14:22

Goat Boy wrote:Here's a 10,000 word alternative few and five youtube videos.

Open your mind sheeple!

Do you have anything edifying to say, Dougie?
Little Jim was no-one's fool - he owned the town's only jam butty mine.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 02 Jun 2018, 14:33

Vic Snazell-Sprey wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Here's a 10,000 word alternative few and five youtube videos.

Open your mind sheeple!

Do you have anything edifying to say, Dougie?

No, do you?

Fuck you all.

We won.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 02 Jun 2018, 14:45

I actually did start to write a post the other day for this thread but I stopped. It’s such a polarised issue that I find it’s hard to have a discussion about it therefore I pulled back.

Fuck you all.

We won.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 02 Jun 2018, 22:51

I can't believe some of the views expressed on this thread. Truly shocking.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 02 Jun 2018, 23:28

Surely you mean "insouciant "
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 03 Jun 2018, 10:59

Jimbo wrote:With my pro-Israel biases, while I think the reports posted above are probably true, I can't bring myself to watch. All the anti-America videos I watch, no problem, but when it's my ox being gored I don't want to know.

You know, Jimbo, I've never attacked you even once in the past. Never mocked your many conspiracy theory threads; never joined in with the abuse which is sometimes meted out to you on here. But if you're saying that you're more interested in finding out if we really did go to the moon than what is really happening in Gaza and the illegally-occupied West Bank - if you claim to be after The Truth and then say, "As long as it's not too painful or inconvenient to my world view" - then you can get stuffed. Don't ever claim to be the enlightened "woke" one on here again.
Last edited by Tonto Papadopoulos on 03 Jun 2018, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 03 Jun 2018, 11:09

"The Middle East's only democracy™" not only shoots and kills its own unarmed citizens but lethally targets journalists covering events. That's some democracy they have there.

"Israel has killed Palestinian journalists Yaser Murtaja and Ahmad Abu Hussein, and injured more than 90 others, during the Great March of Return protests.

Reporters Without Borders has formally requested that the International Criminal Court prosecutor investigate the deliberate targeting of journalists in Gaza as war crimes."

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Jun 2018, 11:49

Vic Snazell-Sprey wrote:
Jimbo wrote:With my pro-Israel biases, while I think the reports posted above are probably true, I can't bring myself to watch. All the anti-America videos I watch, no problem, but when it's my ox being gored I don't want to know.

You know, Jimbo, I've never attacked you even once in the past. Never mocked your many conspiracy theory threads; never joined in with the abuse which is sometimes meted out to you on here. But if you're saying that you're more interested in finding out if we really did go to the moon than what is really happening in Gaza and the illegally-occupied West Bank - if you claim to be after the truth and then say, "As long as it's not too painful or inconvenient to my world view" - then you can get stuffed. Don't ever claim to be the enlightened "woke" one again on here again.

I'm sorry I've caused you to feel this way about me, Not these posts above but I have watched some videos, especially ones featured on The Real News site, listened to some Max Blumenthal interviews and read other articles critical of Israel's actions and sympathetic to the protesters. So I sort of know what's happening in Gaza. "Sort of" because of my bias for the underdog. If I were unbiased I would also read the Jerusalem Post to get their POV. I avoid them. Have you read the JP? But to watch more here is too painful for me like watching a snuff film featuring your brother as the snuffer. I could have said nothing and clucked along with others instead I wanted to make an admission, to say something about how I feel, about my biases thinking that by extrapolation I had a human failing to which others could relate. Had you in the past said you were sympathetic (or however you feel) to my conspiracy ramblings I might not have added the oh pity me part in the end.
Gadfly

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Jun 2018, 13:08

I got what you meant Jimbo. That it’s difficult to watch ‘your side’ let you down so badly. You’re not alone though there’s a growing Jewish constituency that are against the occupation and it makes political life very difficult at times apparently.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 03 Jun 2018, 13:59

Jimbo wrote:
Vic Snazell-Sprey wrote:

You know, Jimbo, I've never attacked you even once in the past. Never mocked your many conspiracy theory threads; never joined in with the abuse which is sometimes meted out to you on here. But if you're saying that you're more interested in finding out if we really did go to the moon than what is really happening in Gaza and the illegally-occupied West Bank - if you claim to be after the truth and then say, "As long as it's not too painful or inconvenient to my world view" - then you can get stuffed. Don't ever claim to be the enlightened "woke" one again on here again.

I'm sorry I've caused you to feel this way about me, Not these posts above but I have watched some videos, especially ones featured on The Real News site, listened to some Max Blumenthal interviews and read other articles critical of Israel's actions and sympathetic to the protesters. So I sort of know what's happening in Gaza. "Sort of" because of my bias for the underdog. If I were unbiased I would also read the Jerusalem Post to get their POV. I avoid them. Have you read the JP? But to watch more here is too painful for me like watching a snuff film featuring your brother as the snuffer. I could have said nothing and clucked along with others instead I wanted to make an admission, to say something about how I feel, about my biases thinking that by extrapolation I had a human failing to which others could relate. Had you in the past said you were sympathetic (or however you feel) to my conspiracy ramblings I might not have added the oh pity me part in the end.

Thanks for that post. I do see your point.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Jun 2018, 15:54

Vic Snazell-Sprey wrote:

Thanks for that post. I do see your point.

Now about that too-small hole in the Pentagon. ;)
Gadfly

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Jun 2018, 16:42

Deebank wrote:I got what you meant Jimbo. That it’s difficult to watch ‘your side’ let you down so badly. You’re not alone though there’s a growing Jewish constituency that are against the occupation and it makes political life very difficult at times apparently.

I totally get where Jimbo is coming from it is tough to see what was a beacon of hope to many people, not just Jews, in the post war period turn into a racist kleptocracy run by murdering right wing extremists.

By the time I cam of age politically in the late 70s and early 80s the foundation of Israel had been swept under the carpet and its plucky battles against aggressive neighbours and democracy meant it was championed on the left and the moderate right.

This changed for ever when it became an aggressive player in the ME with its invasion of Lebanon and Israel's complicity in the disgraceful war crimes committed there.

Now Jews have 3 choices:
My country right or wrong
I don't want to know
Opposition.

I can see why many would take the first 2 options especially when you see the vile abuse targeted at Jews who take the third option on principle.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Jun 2018, 17:46

Copehead wrote:
Deebank wrote:I got what you meant Jimbo. That it’s difficult to watch ‘your side’ let you down so badly. You’re not alone though there’s a growing Jewish constituency that are against the occupation and it makes political life very difficult at times apparently.

I totally get where Jimbo is coming from it is tough to see what was a beacon of hope to many people, not just Jews, in the post war period turn into a racist kleptocracy run by murdering right wing extremists.

By the time I cam of age politically in the late 70s and early 80s the foundation of Israel had been swept under the carpet and its plucky battles against aggressive neighbours and democracy meant it was championed on the left and the moderate right.

This changed for ever when it became an aggressive player in the ME with its invasion of Lebanon and Israel's complicity in the disgraceful war crimes committed there.

Now Jews have 3 choices:
My country right or wrong
I don't want to know
Opposition.

I can see why many would take the first 2 options especially when you see the vile abuse targeted at Jews who take the third option on principle.

Do you feel the same shame and disappointment about the UK? It too has horrid parts in its history and it still goes on today including complicity with the current Israeli (the haters say Zionist) policy. (Israel defenders do this. We throw an "everybody does it" wrench into the debate and hope a deflection will get the angry not-actual Palestinians off their case.) Probably not because time, the news cycle and propaganda has a way to lighten the heavy bits. This massacre will soon be forgotten by me and you. The Israelis have driven the protesters off (I think) and now it's onto the next mini-Nakba.

Big picture, the Palestinians are merely a nuisance for Israel. There is a US/UK/Israeli oil-centered master plan - a conspiracy - for the ME including destabilizing Syria, and all the other Shia dominated Islamic countries in the region. Actually, this plan had been implementing itself since before WWI. It is, I a saw in a history video, the actual cause of WWI. The plan seemingly hasn't changed except now we have a reliable military ally in Israel like having a great big a big military base. How many middle easterners have died? Don't matter, mate. They ain't on board with the plan. Why do you think we conspiracy theorists say we did 9/11 to ourselves? If assassinating an archduke could get us into WWI ;), nothing like A New Pearl Harbor to start ball rolling again.
Gadfly

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Jun 2018, 18:13

Jimbo wrote:Do you feel the same shame and disappointment about the UK?

Foe me, yes. But I openly condemn previous and present acts of evil perpetrated by the UK.
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 03 Jun 2018, 18:14

Jimbo wrote:Do you feel the same shame and disappointment about the UK?

I did when I cam to understand the basis of the conflict in Northern Ireland, and for similar reasons.

I did when I saw what we had been party to in Iraq

And I do when we unnecessarily involve ourselves in bombing various bits of the Middle East to show our military potency when all we are doing is launching million pound missiles at empty sheds because we are too scared of injuring any Russians on the ground.

What we are witnessing is Capitalism eating itself in an increasingly desperate scramble for resources to drive an insane demand for ever increasing consumptive growth that simply and logically cannot continue indefinitely.

I fear the end of capitalism will be grim and I hope I am not around to witness it.

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 07 Jun 2018, 22:02

Hats off to Michael Howard for being much more appalled by the bloodbath than Nick.

And then there's this:

https://deadspin.com/argentina-cancel-f ... 608432/amp

There's hope yet....

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 07 Jun 2018, 22:11

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/07/tories-michael-howard-confronts-israel-over-gaza-protesters-deaths

Michael Howard becomes "self hating Jew", if he was in the Labour Party he would no doubt be expelled for this.

But fair play to him, his "why can't you shoot people in the legs?" is a small step in the right direction.

According to Netanyahu it appears that Palestinians are being paid by Hamas to be shot dead by Israeli snipers. Tough job market in Gaza.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 07 Jun 2018, 22:12

Vic Snazell-Sprey wrote:Hats off to Michael Howard for being much more appalled by the bloodbath than Nick.

And then there's this:

There's hope yet....

Snap!

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 07 Jun 2018, 23:33

Vic Snazell-Sprey wrote:Hats off to Michael Howard for being much more appalled by the bloodbath than Nick.

And then there's this:

There's hope yet....

An interesting article, what with the World Cup looming, on how Israel does its very best to fuck up the Palestinian football team, from the May 2017 edition of the Times Literary Supplement:

https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/publ ... palestine/