You Have To Admit, The Yanks And Canadians Are Right....

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

One Or Two Taps

One Tap For All - Welcome To 2018 Pal
80%
Hot And Cold Tap - Futurists Be Damned
No votes
So Spitting On Your Hands Now To Clean Them Is Frowned Upon? - It's PC Gone Mad.
20%

Total votes: 5

Dr Markus

Re: You Have To Admit, The Yanks And Canadians Are Right....

Postby Dr Markus » 14 May 2018, 21:26

BOLLY wrote:
The (British) English original spelling was in fact color (and other similar forms) but we added the 'u' to make it look more like the French couleur as that language was seen as sophisticated.

Is that your go to chat up line down t'pub?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 May 2018, 21:30

souphound wrote:French Canadians speak a rather different variation of French than they do in France. Apparently though, ours is more historically correct whereas the France French have introduced all kinds of Englishisms and similar.

Regarding the initial subject, I had misread the comment at the onset. Two taps means that water, hot and cold, spew out water. What I mainly see here, other than the more modern outfit, is one tap with two handles to regulate the flow of hot and cold separately.

Canadian french sounds more flamboyant or something, while french french sounds like the stereotype, always pissed off.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 14 May 2018, 21:33

Dr Markus wrote:
BOLLY wrote:
The (British) English original spelling was in fact color (and other similar forms) but we added the 'u' to make it look more like the French couleur as that language was seen as sophisticated.

Is that your go to chat up line down t'pub?

The only one I got, Marky :(
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

Return to “Nextdoorland”