School Pencil Cases Banned To Stop 'Stigma'

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Dr Markus

School Pencil Cases Banned To Stop 'Stigma'

Postby Dr Markus » 11 May 2018, 15:56

A school has banned pencil cases in a bid to stop pupils from poor families being stigmatised.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-44075878

See i'm kinda pro uniform in school for the same reason above, but I think this might be taking it too far.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Re: School Pencil Cases Banned To Stop 'Stigma'

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 11 May 2018, 16:11

Can't they just relax the anti-bullying rules a bit?

So that obnoxious kids from filthy rich parents can be administered a friendly 'nudge', or get addressed in some spirited 'very direct' turn of phrase - so that these persons will quickly lose interest in any form of showing off?
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 May 2018, 17:54

In my day, we woulda just stolen the rich kids' pencil cases if they were that nice.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 11 May 2018, 18:20

Perhaps the govt could give them a little of the £50 million grammar schools are getting :idea:
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:That's it. I've taken the decision. I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 May 2018, 19:35

Restricting behavior that "might" lead to bullying is a lot easier than dealing with the actual bullying, I guess. :roll:
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 11 May 2018, 23:50

Kids being kids, they will find out about the poor ones anyway and 'bully' them one way or the other. Social media being the preferred way of the coward.
A more empathic and inclusive way of getting these kids to fit in is not being offered which really is what schools should do.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 May 2018, 09:25

I think they should also ban any variance in hair colour, weight and height. All children should be a standard coffee colour, and be of the same sex. Let's be honest, there are very few methods which a child will not use to make another child miserable... Children are, by their very nature absolutely vile.
You don't like me...do you?

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 12 May 2018, 13:12

yomptepi wrote:I think they should also ban any variance in hair colour, weight and height. All children should be a standard coffee colour, and be of the same sex. Let's be honest, there are very few methods which a child will not use to make another child miserable... Children are, by their very nature absolutely vile.

I am trying to make a mental picture of Yomp, age of 4, right now.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 May 2018, 13:31

yomptepi wrote:I think they should also ban any variance in hair colour, weight and height. All children should be a standard coffee colour, and be of the same sex. Let's be honest, there are very few methods which a child will not use to make another child miserable... Children are, by their very nature absolutely vile.

As I write there is a Japanese TV show on called "School Lawyer." The topic this week is the rule that all students must have black hair. Granted, they may want to clamp down on kids dying their hair but there are some Japanese - and half Japanese - born with brown hair. These kids have to dye their hair black.
Gadfly

caramba

Postby caramba » 12 May 2018, 15:37

Dr Markus wrote:

A school has banned pencil cases in a bid to stop pupils from poor families being stigmatised.

Hamnering holes in poorer kids' hands and feet because they can't afford pencil cases seems a bit OTT if you ask me.

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 12 May 2018, 16:56

caramba wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:

Hamnering holes in poorer kids' hands and feet because they can't afford pencil cases seems a bit OTT if you ask me.

:twisted: --> :D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 May 2018, 14:48

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman wrote:Can't they just relax the anti-bullying rules a bit?

So that obnoxious kids from filthy rich parents can be administered a friendly 'nudge', or get addressed in some spirited 'very direct' turn of phrase - so that these persons will quickly lose interest in any form of showing off?

You don’t need to be ‘filthy rich’ to own a ‘designer’ pencil case. Nor do you know who is doing the bullying - my memory is that low to middle income kids who had something ‘designer’ or ‘new’ were just as likely as anyone considered wealthy to take the piss out of other kids. If the urge to do that is in you, it’s in you regardless of wealth.

I do appreciate the sentiment behind the article - I would dread ‘what you did at the weekend’ Mondays and sometimes told fictitious tales of weekends full of love and family fun. Makes me very depressed to just remember it.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?