Before Jordan Peterson.....

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
mission

Re: Before Jordan Peterson.....

Postby mission » 15 May 2018, 10:56

Markus' almost completely unfiltered transcription of his mental processes is a genuine mystery to me. It is as though he is in the room with you, thrashing about, tipping shit over. Alternately whispering and shouting, dropping ciggie butts in his unfinished drink and spraying halfswallowed ash-booze everywhere.

Noone writes exactly the way they speak, surely? It takes real talent.
Good.

The Beatles
hounds people off the board

Postby The Beatles » 15 May 2018, 10:58

Did you know he's a scriptwriter?
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 11:11

BOLLY BEE wrote:
Markus - as usual - isn't really interested in any of this.

I'm not? why do you say that?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 11:13

mission wrote:Markus' almost completely unfiltered transcription of his mental processes is a genuine mystery to me. It is as though he is in the room with you, thrashing about, tipping shit over. Alternately whispering and shouting, dropping ciggie butts in his unfinished drink and spraying halfswallowed ash-booze everywhere.

Thanks Mission. More interesting that the way some other people write on here.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 11:13

BOLLY BEE wrote:Did you know he's a scriptwriter?

What's wrong john, in bad form?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 May 2018, 11:14

mission wrote:Hitchens the neocon, lickspittle hawk or Hitchens the doe-eyed lefty who none could resist, sexually as well as intellectually?

Seriously? What I Miss ?

Fine words butter no parsnips.
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

The Beatles

Postby The Beatles » 15 May 2018, 11:32

Dr Markus wrote:
BOLLY BEE wrote:

Because you have form.

You ask questions, people respond, and then you never get back to us
the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 11:38

BOLLY BEE wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:
BOLLY BEE wrote:

Because you have form.

You ask questions, people respond, and then you never get back to us

Not true, the reason I don't get back most of the time is threadcapping. It's the single biggest hypocrisy of this place. People complain that there's no one posting on here. Then when someone does, the same people try to threadcap it, yourself included. So why bother? Take this thread for example. 11 posts before a serious reply from Doug.

The Beatles

Postby The Beatles » 15 May 2018, 11:58

Dr Markus wrote:Who were the people who were commentating on society, religion etc in say the 60's, 70's 80's etc? Anyone worth checking out?

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 15 May 2018, 11:58

Threadcrap.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 15 May 2018, 12:00

mission wrote:Markus' almost completely unfiltered transcription of his mental processes is a genuine mystery to me. It is as though he is in the room with you, thrashing about, tipping shit over. Alternately whispering and shouting, dropping ciggie butts in his unfinished drink and spraying halfswallowed ash-booze everywhere.

I've always assumed he uses speech recognition software that's in need of a tweak or two.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 12:03

BOLLY BEE wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Who were the people who were commentating on society, religion etc in say the 60's, 70's 80's etc? Anyone worth checking out?

Yes and Doug and Nick gave me some names, that i'm checking out. :? Just because you can't physically see me researching them doesn't mean it isn't happening. You know, you say you're an English teacher, but none of us have actually seen you teach. So we assume you're not lying.
Last edited by Dr Markus on 15 May 2018, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 12:05

echolalia wrote:

I've always assumed he uses speech recognition software that's in need of a tweak or two.

Nah my Donegal accent would be too sexy for the software, it would make it digitally blush.

The Beatles

Postby The Beatles » 15 May 2018, 12:08

Dr Markus wrote:
BOLLY BEE wrote:

Yes and Doug and Nick gave me some names, that i'm checking out. :? Just because you can't physically see me researching them doesn't mean it isn't happening. You know, you say you're an English teacher, but none of us have actually seen you teach. So we assume you're not lying.

:lol:

OK.

It was just a bit of a daft question, Markus. I mean, we got what you were asking, but who wasn't commenting on all of those things in that time period? What exactly are you interested in?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 12:14

BOLLY BEE wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:
BOLLY BEE wrote:

:lol:

OK.

It was just a bit of a daft question, Markus. I mean, we got what you were asking, but who wasn't commenting on all of those things in that time period? What exactly are you interested in?

It's not a daft question at all. It's like that US saying, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Some people like Peterson are more interesting than others. Like everyone can tell a story but Ustinov for example is more interesting than most.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 May 2018, 12:20

BOLLY BEE wrote:Did you know he's a scriptwriter?

I do.

He wrote The Usual Suspects, and many another fine but indecipherable 'mystery movie'.

Markus is a gift to humankind, a gift that keeps on giving.
Last edited by Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman on 15 May 2018, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 May 2018, 12:21

G.K. Chesterton

C.S. Lewis

Karl Polanyi

Thorstein Veblen

Garrison Keillor

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2018, 12:23

It's gonna be one of those days.

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 May 2018, 12:31

Dr Markus wrote:It's gonna be one of those days.

It is.

The Beatles

Postby The Beatles » 15 May 2018, 12:34

What are your politics, Markus?